British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   EOI education and employment information (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/eoi-education-employment-information-863239/)

hasounah1 Aug 11th 2015 3:26 pm

EOI education and employment information

Hi

Many thanks for all support provided in this great forum!

1- I have a positive skills assessement (263311), however, when filling the Education section in EOI, I included my MBA which I'm not claiming any points for. Then, it shows that this is my highest degree.
Is it ok to keep Master degree or no need?

2- I'm claiming 15points for 8years experience during the past 10years. Do I have to include the previous (before last 10years) experience in the employment section or not?

mgreaves Aug 11th 2015 5:27 pm

Re: EOI education and employment information

I've jsut submitted my EOI, not sure if I did it correct but here is my opinion, I assume someone else will have a more concrete answer:

Originally Posted by hasounah1 (Post 11721451)
1- I have a positive skills assessement (263311), however, when filling the Education section in EOI, I included my MBA which I'm not claiming any points for. Then, it shows that this is my highest degree.
Is it ok to keep Master degree or no need?

I have my accounting degree and professional accounting qualifications (CIMA), CIMA does not count as a masters though and would not give me extra points over my degree, so I did not put it under education even though it has taken another 3 years to obtain, the CIMA certificate and transcript was sent off as part of my skills assessment but it is not mentioned in the final letter.

I would assume if you put it here then it needs a skills assessment as they will use these points as part of the EOI, if you have no skills assessment for the masters it may count as an invalid claim and invalidate when you come to be invited...however this is me making assumptions I have no experience here!

Originally Posted by hasounah1 (Post 11721451)
2- I'm claiming 15points for 8years experience during the past 10years. Do I have to include the previous (before last 10years) experience in the employment section or not?

I have 6 years experience but only 4.5 count towards points, I listed all 6 and just ticked do not count on the 1.5. I would personally rather give too much information than have them come back asking why there are employment gaps, I have pay slips for it all so I assume I can provide evidence if needed.

Hope the above helps, these are just my opinions based on how I've completed my EOI so please forgive me if incorrect!

hasounah1 Aug 12th 2015 10:46 am

Many thanks mgreaves...
If I provide a reference letter for my 8years experience within the last 10 years, will that be enough or I have to provide a payslip for the 8years?!

mgreaves Aug 12th 2015 11:14 am

Originally Posted by hasounah1 (Post 11722023)
Many thanks mgreaves...
If I provide a reference letter for my 8years experience within the last 10 years, will that be enough or I have to provide a payslip for the 8years?!

For my skills assessment I simply sent a letter in headed paper listing salary, title and bullet point responsibilities, no pay slips.

However for the actual visa part which I've not done yet I've read people have sent payslips, not sure if this is needed, doubt many people have 10 years worth of these but I'm an accountant and file everything so will send them anyway.

old.sparkles Aug 12th 2015 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by mgreaves (Post 11722054)
For my skills assessment I simply sent a letter in headed paper listing salary, title and bullet point responsibilities, no pay slips.

However for the actual visa part which I've not done yet I've read people have sent payslips, not sure if this is needed, doubt many people have 10 years worth of these but I'm an accountant and file everything so will send them anyway.

I was also asked to provide pay slips - not all but random selection from across each employer, and P60's / P45's.