EOI and claiming work experience HELP

Old Sep 13th 2013, 10:33 am
Just Joined

The Wolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EOI and claiming work experience HELP

Hi can anyone help on this, I completed a trade qualification here in Australia and I'm now filling in the EOI for the 190 visa for WA ss. I've completed the job ready program and TRA but I'm trying to find out how much work experience I can claim for. I've been working in my trade for 4 years but 2 years of this was whilst on a student visa whilst studying my trade. Can I claim for the full 4 years on the EOI to gain more points or can I only claim for work experience gained after gaining my trade papers.

I've searched high and low for a solid answer but I'm stuck
Old Sep 13th 2013, 10:36 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI and claiming work experience HELP

Originally Posted by The Wolf
Hi can anyone help on this, I completed a trade qualification here in Australia and I'm now filling in the EOI for the 190 visa for WA ss. I've completed the job ready program and TRA but I'm trying to find out how much work experience I can claim for. I've been working in my trade for 4 years but 2 years of this was whilst on a student visa whilst studying my trade. Can I claim for the full 4 years on the EOI to gain more points or can I only claim for work experience gained after gaining my trade papers.

I wouldn't think so - and I thought trade apprenticeships were 4 years?
Old Sep 13th 2013, 10:37 am
Just Joined

I didn't do a trade apprenticeship I did a cricos cert 3 mate
Old Sep 13th 2013, 10:40 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't do a trade apprenticeship I did a cricos cert 3 mate
cert 3 in ????
Old Sep 13th 2013, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Bricklaying.

Completed cert 3 on student visa, currently on the 485 visa after completing TRA requirements
Old Sep 13th 2013, 10:45 am

Bricklaying.

Completed cert 3 on student visa, currently on the 485 visa after completing TRA requirements
So did they say at what point they recognise you as skilled? Only skilled employment counts I think.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 10:54 am
Just Joined

This is the bit that's unclear. The letter from TRA just covers an 15 month window of part of the duration of the JRP. TRA have only just this week signed me off on the JRP yet their dates only cover the dates my job ready journal covered

If that makes any sense

Edit: I could've worded it better. TRA have only counted 15 months prior to June this year (when my job ready journal ended) yet they have only just signed me off on it.

Last edited by The Wolf; Sep 13th 2013 at 10:59 am.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 11:01 am

This is the bit that's unclear. The letter from TRA just covers an 15 month window of part of the duration of the JRP. TRA have only just this week signed me off on the JRP yet their dates only cover the dates my job ready journal covered

If that makes any sense

Edit: I could've worded it better. TRA have only counted 15 months prior to June this year (when my job ready journal ended) yet they have only just signed me off on it.
And that's acceptable for migration purposes?

You might be best getting advice from a MARA agent
Old Sep 13th 2013, 11:06 am
Just Joined

Cheers for your input sparkles.

I need at least 3 years experience for enough points though, otherwise I miss the boat. Don't suppose you know if employer sponsorship is an option?
Old Sep 13th 2013, 11:09 am

Cheers for your input sparkles.

I need at least 3 years experience for enough points though, otherwise I miss the boat. Don't suppose you know if employer sponsorship is an option?
If it's on the list, employer sponsorship would be an option - but I'm not sure what employers have to do.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 11:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
If it's on the list, employer sponsorship would be an option - but I'm not sure what employers have to do.
It's on list 2. Do you know the visa number for this option? Looking like a long night researching visas on the immi site again
Old Sep 13th 2013, 11:14 am

It's on list 2. Do you know the visa number for this option? Looking like a long night researching visas on the immi site again
Temporary would be 457, and perm 186 I think - both on skill select anyway. http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/
Old Sep 13th 2013, 11:21 am
Just Joined

No worries, it's the permanent one I need so 186 I guess.

Cheers
Old Sep 13th 2013, 11:56 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I would think that since only full time work counts as experience and students are only allowed to work a maximum of 20 hours per week then you can't possibly have got the required experience during time on your student visa.
Old Sep 14th 2013, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

RURUS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I would think that since only full time work counts as experience and students are only allowed to work a maximum of 20 hours per week then you can't possibly have got the required experience during time on your student visa.
Students can now work 40 hours a fortnight (when their courses are in session) which counts as full time for migration points and unlimited hours during vacations. There are no work restrictions for some students studying for higher degrees. If the DIAC cannot refuse an application any other way, they will do so on work experience, be careful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.