Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

EOI - Big ?mark, are they not inviting 190 at all ??

EOI - Big ?mark, are they not inviting 190 at all ??

Old Sep 25th 2012, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

ichtar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EOI - Big ?mark, are they not inviting 190 at all ??

Ok so as I was not clear enough let me describe the procedure step by step

i) lodge an EOI in skillselect
ii) lodge a SS application with the state you are intersted in
iii) wait to get invited by the state you have lodge application with
*** once invited *** (you will get notification that you got an invite though the mail account you use to create your EOI.)
iv) click on apply visa button in EOI and follow the steps to get a TRN and setup a password
v) use your TRN and password to log in to evisa system https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/elp/app?login to finalize your visa application and pay the fee
vi) wait for CO allocation
Old Sep 25th 2012, 12:14 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ichtar
Ok so as I was not clear enough let me describe the procedure step by step

i) lodge an EOI in skillselect
ii) lodge a SS application with the state you are intersted in
iii) wait to get invited by the state you have lodge application with
*** once invited *** (you will get notification that you got an invite though the mail account you use to create your EOI.)
iv) click on apply visa button in EOI and follow the steps to get a TRN and setup a password
v) use your TRN and password to log in to evisa system https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/elp/app?login to finalize your visa application and pay the fee
vi) wait for CO allocation
As was mentioned already (you receive a nomination and then you apply). As I mentioned earlier, we are talking about the EoI stage, so you must be nominated first by submitting an EoI through SkillSelect. So don't try and complicate things for the OP (and others that may read this) by confusing the issue.
Old Sep 28th 2012, 3:37 am
Just Joined

deki is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm I am confused now.

I just got my skill assessment from ACS (Analyst programmer) and i was planning to apply at NSW Trade and Investment for the subclass 190 - Skilled Nominated Subclass.

Only after there reply I was planning to create an EOI or should I do that first ?

On the NSW Trade and Investment forms the EOI number is optional so I guessed that you need to wait.
Old Sep 28th 2012, 5:14 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deki
Hmmm I am confused now.

I just got my skill assessment from ACS (Analyst programmer) and i was planning to apply at NSW Trade and Investment for the subclass 190 - Skilled Nominated Subclass.

Only after there reply I was planning to create an EOI or should I do that first ?

On the NSW Trade and Investment forms the EOI number is optional so I guessed that you need to wait.
Have a read of the SkillSelect information. It has all the information you need.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

mariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by wordlywise
Is there anything I can do (or should do) to get invited ?
Hi there,
Apart from selecting the State in the EOI, one need to submit an application online separately, on the website of the state whose sponsorship is desired. Merely choosing the State on the EOI is not sufficient.

Cheers!
Old Oct 17th 2012, 11:46 am
EOI Submitted,Invitation?

wordlywise is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya all ! I received 189 invitation

Now .. My Son's overseas Passport has expired and we have lodged application for renewal of the same. Can we start lodging online Visa application ??

I have tried calling the DIAC and have also went in person to the office, no one seems to have any idea as skillselect is fairly new system. Has anyone out here had any similar situation ? and if yes how did you overcome it ?
Old Oct 19th 2012, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Alborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wordlywise
Hiya all ! I received 189 invitation

Now .. My Son's overseas Passport has expired and we have lodged application for renewal of the same. Can we start lodging online Visa application ??

I have tried calling the DIAC and have also went in person to the office, no one seems to have any idea as skillselect is fairly new system. Has anyone out here had any similar situation ? and if yes how did you overcome it ?
Congrats! What was your final points score for a 189 if you don't mind me asking and how long did it take? I thought you applied for a 190?
Old Oct 21st 2012, 11:48 am
chapkenv

chapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nice
Default RPassport of dependant

you have 60 days after invitation date - to apply

if you think son's passport will come before then...then it may be better to wait and apply as soon as you get the new passport no.

you can start the application on Skillselect website anyway, since the system allows you to "save" after each step that you complete...and "continue a saved application" at a later date

it submits only after you make a CC payment (which is the last step) so you could make all the date entries as required to get the stress off of the wait..... good luck!

Last edited by chapkenv; Oct 21st 2012 at 12:13 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 11:57 am
chapkenv

chapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nice
Talking Re: EOI - Big ?mark, are they not inviting 190 at all ??

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
No, you are giving misleading advice. You have to submit an EoI before you can be nominated.
karma given to ichtar for all the enlightening posts in this thread; i don't know how they even grant moderator status, the logical analytical skills there seem to be diffuse...especially when people trying to boost the o.p's thought processes get scoffed at...

i did not intend to get personal, but could not help it since i was a subject of vindictiveness at her hand earlier -then, to make alma mater worse, some other seasoned forum members joined her bandwagon

Last edited by chapkenv; Oct 21st 2012 at 12:06 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by chapkenv
karma given to ichtar for all the enlightening posts in this thread; i don't know how they even grant moderator status, the logical analytical skills there seem to be diffuse...especially when people trying to boost the o.p's thought processes get scoffed at...

i did not intend to get personal, but could not help it since i was a subject of vindictiveness at her hand earlier -then, to make alma mater worse, some other seasoned forum members joined her bandwagon
There was no vindictiveness towards you. You have consistently given incorrect advice and have been told not to. Simple as that.

If you have issues with moderation, it does not get discussed in posts - you deal with it by PM to mods or the administrator (as per the site rules, which I suggest you read).

I have to ask though, what on earth are you on about here?:

to make alma mater worse,
Do you know what alma mater is?
Old Oct 21st 2012, 10:00 pm
chapkenv

Lightbulb Re: EOI - Big ?mark, are they not inviting 190 at all ??

sorry mrsgreen76, i do not mean anything by that quip ...

but we do try to be helpful as a result of whatever little experience we garner from personal q&a and related posts researched here ...

sometimes it is a counterweighing or supporting viewpoint that answers an original post better than one straight out of the book & since the beloved moderators are used to saying- every case is different! - by the same token it seems valid to post any variation that is plausible to the answerer...

surely everyone undertaking a migration project without expert help has enough intelligence to make an informed decision- it is implicit in the definition of an online forum that answers given could be subjective opinion only, when there is not one objective right answer and it is completely in the prerogative realm of the o.p to disregard or abide by what they deem fit
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 12:27 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

but we do try to be helpful as a result of whatever little experience we garner from personal q&a and related posts researched here ...

sometimes it is a counterweighing or supporting viewpoint that answers an original post better than one straight out of the book & since the beloved moderators are used to saying- every case is different! - by the same token it seems valid to post any variation that is plausible to the answerer...

surely everyone undertaking a migration project without expert help has enough intelligence to make an informed decision- it is implicit in the definition of an online forum that answers given could be subjective opinion only, when there is not one objective right answer and it is completely in the prerogative realm of the o.p to disregard or abide by what they deem fit
What? None of that makes any sense at all.

The fact is, the information given by ichtar was incorrect. As has been a lot of information given by you on various threads. People can only make informed decisions about their application when they have been given the correct information.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 12:40 am

Hogswash! This isn't a forum where if you post incorrect information, it won't matter. If you post information that is wrong, you could cost someone a lot of money & time, and may well jeopardise their visas entirely. The answers aren't subjective - they are factual. Hence we back them up with facts, not pull them out of our arses. I will state again & hope you will listen this time. If you don't know the correct answer, don't post some nonsense that you've just made up.

Just in case there's any confusion, I will summarise:
  • The immigration section is based on factual information, so don't post things you've just made up because you think it's subjective.
  • Post evidence to back up your assertions - i.e. DIAC links.
  • Posting incorrect information could cost someone their visas. Are you willing to cover their costs?

I will be keeping an eye on your posts.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 12:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

1) Incorrect information is NOT required on this forum. If you have information to share but are unsure of its reliability please say so when you post it, and suggest that the OP contacts a registered agent before proceeding further.
2) Moderators are not chosen because of any particular knowledge of the Immigration system for any country. If you have an issue with the moderators of the site please address this by pm rather than derailing threads with personal issues.

Thread closed.