British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   EOI 189 Paediatric Nurse (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/eoi-189-paediatric-nurse-911805/)

NNRoxy Apr 17th 2018 6:29 pm

EOI 189 Paediatric Nurse

I submitted my EOI, 22nd Jan. 70 points. Paediatric nurse. I’m still yet to hear anything. Status just says submitted... I know the wait is a while at the moment, worried I’ve done something incorrectly? Will I hear via email or will it be via the Skill select account? How long have other nurses been waiting with 70 points?

old.sparkles Apr 18th 2018 12:15 am

Re: EOI 189 Paediatric Nurse

Originally Posted by NNRoxy (Post 12483599)
I submitted my EOI, 22nd Jan. 70 points. Paediatric nurse. I’m still yet to hear anything. Status just says submitted... I know the wait is a while at the moment, worried I’ve done something incorrectly? Will I hear via email or will it be via the Skill select account? How long have other nurses been waiting with 70 points?

There are no specific invitation rounds for nurses, so all EOI's are invited at the same time. Results of invitation rounds can be found on Skillselect - https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/...#tab-content-2

The number of points needed for an invite has been higher, but 70 point EOI's are being invited - there is just a longer wait than in previous years. Latest results show that 70 point EOI's from Nov 2017 were invited.

NNRoxy Apr 18th 2018 9:41 am

I turn 33 mid June, so I will drop to 65 points. I was hoping to be invited before then. Looks like this may not happen now.

spouse of scouse Apr 18th 2018 11:58 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 12483792)
There are no specific invitation rounds for nurses, so all EOI's are invited at the same time. Results of invitation rounds can be found on Skillselect - https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/...#tab-content-2

The number of points needed for an invite has been higher, but 70 point EOI's are being invited - there is just a longer wait than in previous years. Latest results show that 70 point EOI's from Nov 2017 were invited.

Thanks Sparkles, for the research and time you put into helping others. If you were paid instead of working in your own time as a volunteer, I'd recommend you for a pay rise :thumbsup:

ZULU2000 May 31st 2018 11:24 am

Hi just submitted mine yrsterdy mental health nurse with 60 points.

TeeTMI May 31st 2018 10:45 pm

In the most recent round of invitations published the general (most occupations) points requirement rose to 75 points for people who have submitted an EOI for a 189 visa. NNRoxy (if not yet invited) and Zulu2000 you might look at other options / strategies other than the 189 visa?

ZULU2000 Jun 1st 2018 12:44 am

Ohhh dear thnx for the update,i spplied forst time ladt year got knocked bsck on my points abf i had received invitation after 3 days of submitting.So i am on shore with a 457 might try ENS 186 but i here it takes longer...so 60 points still acceptable though?0hoping for best since nursing dsnt hv rounds and all.

Dorothy Jun 1st 2018 4:49 am

Originally Posted by ZULU2000 (Post 12508798)
Ohhh dear thnx for the update,i spplied forst time ladt year got knocked bsck on my points abf i had received invitation after 3 days of submitting.So i am on shore with a 457 might try ENS 186 but i here it takes longer...so 60 points still acceptable though?0hoping for best since nursing dsnt hv rounds and all.

Have you done IELTS? :blink:

TeeTMI Jun 1st 2018 5:20 am

Depending upon your circumstances there may also be the option of a state sponsored 190?

ZULU2000 Jun 1st 2018 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 12508839)
Have you done IELTS? :blink:

hi i did PTE,.

ZULU2000 Jun 1st 2018 6:03 am

Originally Posted by TeeTMI (Post 12508853)
Depending upon your circumstances there may also be the option of a state sponsored 190?

will explore everything i am in WA hv a job withh WA health but has the department officially published snything in regards to new points ?

Pollyana Jun 1st 2018 6:35 am

Originally Posted by ZULU2000 (Post 12508865)
will explore everything i am in WA hv a job withh WA health but has the department officially published snything in regards to new points ?

New points for what? Sorry but your English isn't very easy to follow. Try not to abbreviate words into text speak quite so much

If you have a temporary job with WA Health then WA might consider State Sponsorship for a 190. Have a look at their requirements.

ZULU2000 Jun 1st 2018 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12508881)

New points for what? Sorry but your English isn't very easy to follow. Try not to abbreviate words into text speak quite so much

If you have a temporary job with WA Health then WA might consider State Sponsorship for a 190. Have a look at their requirements.

Hi there,i thought the points system has been changed and now they accept from 70 onwards or because there is a massive influx of EOI submission hence the invitations are for high points only.
will try 190 i am in perth city though not really perth regional .is Peerth considered regional.

old.sparkles Jun 1st 2018 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by ZULU2000 (Post 12508882)
Hi there,i thought the points system has been changed and now they accept from 70 onwards or because there is a massive influx of EOI submission hence the invitations are for high points only.
will try 190 i am in perth city though not really perth regional .is Peerth considered regional.

The 190 is state sponsored PR and does not need to be a regional area.

The points system has not changed, and you are eligible with only 60 points. The reality however is that invitations are being exhausted amongst higher scoring EOI's so currently you have no chance of being invited to apply for a visa.

If you applied previously, and were refused on points, are you sure you are not subject to a ban?

ZULU2000 Jun 14th 2018 9:46 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 12509056)
The 190 is state sponsored PR and does not need to be a regional area.

The points system has not changed, and you are eligible with only 60 points. The reality however is that invitations are being exhausted amongst higher scoring EOI's so currently you have no chance of being invited to apply for a visa.

If you applied previously, and were refused on points, are you sure you are not subject to a ban?

No ban at all i was knocked back on work expirience so ended up with 50points i rang home office thy said i am eligble to apply onshore as i hv a substantive visa a 457 which is effective till 2020.

so no ban ,i am now going for 186 employer nomination as i hv bn approved for tht so employer submitting nomination.