Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ENS Visa (121/856) (Part 3....Dec 2010 onwards)

ENS Visa (121/856) (Part 3....Dec 2010 onwards)

Old Mar 2nd 2011, 3:06 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ENS Visa (121/856) (Part 3....Dec 2010 onwards)

Originally Posted by Melbourne bound Mark
Hi Guys,

with regards to the subject of being tied to your employer for 3 years once you have received PR I am wondering how the following would be viewed?

Say for example you are receiveing job offers for the same type of role for 50% increase in your current salary could this not then be used to put a case forward that you are being unfairly treated by not being paid the "market" rate for your position and so this should give ammunition to being able to break this tie?

At the end of the day it shouldn't be a clause that allows your employer to treat you unfairly.

Also in the Visa sticker that I had added to my passport it has a section stating conditions to the visa and this says 'nil'

It all seems very confusing and also potentially unfair.

Any thoughts/comment/experiences?

Regards,
Mark.
Hi Mark

I got PR in May last year, and was with another company by October, absolutely no problems at all. I've been told that if the company complains to DIAC then they may cancel your visa, but I've not heard of such a case.

Seems to be a regular pattern though, the company that sponsors the visa, is generally not the one the visa holder wants to stay with.

Good luck mate
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 3:51 am
Just Joined

aadit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,
Guess what i got the golden ticket today,I was checking the mail today and it was there yeeeeeeeeee. good god thanks for that IMMI.

Lots of stress gone in a fraction of second that was real magic movement.

Hope all other will get the visa soon and i will pray for that guys.

Its a wonderful moment..
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise depending which side of the house you stand
yellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to all

hi all,

we have got our nomination approved and now just getting all the evidence together for the visa part.
We have the positive TRA,
nomination
birth certs,
visa stamps
evidence of relationship.
photos of us a s a family
character refs from people that have known us for years
police checks Aus and UK
qualifications and CV

Question is do we need to add anything else, do we have to prove experience again with previous employer refs and stat dec even though we have a positive TRA and the qualification?

don't want to over load them but don't want to add stuff that is not needed either.

Thanks
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise depending which side of the house you stand
yellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to all

Originally Posted by aadit
Hi Guys,
Guess what i got the golden ticket today,I was checking the mail today and it was there yeeeeeeeeee. good god thanks for that IMMI.

Lots of stress gone in a fraction of second that was real magic movement.

Hope all other will get the visa soon and i will pray for that guys.

Its a wonderful moment..
congratulations thats great news. how long did it take? did you frontload?
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 5:05 am
Just Joined

aadit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yellowmellow
congratulations thats great news. how long did it take? did you frontload?
Thanks, and forgot to tell about my app details,
ENS applied may 2011-got in july,
Main application lodged in 21-7-2010- got approved 3-3-2011.
Non ETA

Got to get my visa label next week ,very exited.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 5:28 am
Just Joined

kara1001 is an unknown quantity at this point

congragulations!

so it didnt take ages like some other non ETA countries. Is your position a higher priority one?
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 6:13 am
Just Joined

kara1001 is an unknown quantity at this point

by the way was it onshore or offshore?
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

zmdia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yellowmellow
hi all,

we have got our nomination approved and now just getting all the evidence together for the visa part.
We have the positive TRA,
nomination
birth certs,
visa stamps
evidence of relationship.
photos of us a s a family
character refs from people that have known us for years
police checks Aus and UK
qualifications and CV

Question is do we need to add anything else, do we have to prove experience again with previous employer refs and stat dec even though we have a positive TRA and the qualification?

don't want to over load them but don't want to add stuff that is not needed either.

Thanks
Congrats on getting half-way through.
YEs, you do need WRITTEN REFERENCES from all your old employees. If that isn't available something that would prove that you worked in that position and in that company.
One of the places where i had worked, had all old staff leave so I got it in writing from their present acountant that I had worked on those dates etc. in that position and $xx,xxx salary.
They never rang my employers to cross-check. They will only ring if they get suspicious of something.
For Police Checks you need to send the originals.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

zmdia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stevenglish
Hi Mark

I got PR in May last year, and was with another company by October, absolutely no problems at all. I've been told that if the company complains to DIAC then they may cancel your visa, but I've not heard of such a case.

Seems to be a regular pattern though, the company that sponsors the visa, is generally not the one the visa holder wants to stay with.

Good luck mate
I think you are right!!
There is no way the deptt. of labour can force you to stay with your employer if they are treating you badly eyc.
Best is to not leave straight-away. Wait atleast 6 months before switching jobs
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 7:57 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zmdia
I think you are right!!
There is no way the deptt. of labour can force you to stay with your employer if they are treating you badly eyc.
Best is to not leave straight-away. Wait atleast 6 months before switching jobs
yes good advice that, give it a while before doing one
Old Mar 6th 2011, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

forsuces is an unknown quantity at this point

which month r they processing at parramatta office?
Old Mar 10th 2011, 1:05 am
Just Joined

danky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all - Just got PR through! Happy Days!

I followed Kev Prestons advice and went through the global fb on DIAC website.

Put in for nomination in July 2010 and was told to submit app for visa once came through, 457 ran out in nov and so had to submit to get the bridging visa.

Nomination was approved in Jan, they then told me as I only put in the app for visa in Nov, I would be bottom of the Q again and it would be 6-7 mths.

Complained end of Jan about the advice given, they investigated unfortunately I didnt have names/dates about the advice given.

They contacted me last week and said, if you agree that the information you were given was correct, then we will allocate your application to a CO. Technically the advice was correct, although even if it wasnt, I would have agreed anyway.

Allocated Wednesday, approved this arvo. Boo Yeah! Just going for a lunchtime pint to celebrate.

Good luck all!

P.S. they told me they are processing Sept 2010 atm!!
Old Mar 10th 2011, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by danky
Hello all - Just got PR through! Happy Days!

I followed Kev Prestons advice and went through the global fb on DIAC website.

Put in for nomination in July 2010 and was told to submit app for visa once came through, 457 ran out in nov and so had to submit to get the bridging visa.

Nomination was approved in Jan, they then told me as I only put in the app for visa in Nov, I would be bottom of the Q again and it would be 6-7 mths.

Complained end of Jan about the advice given, they investigated unfortunately I didnt have names/dates about the advice given.

They contacted me last week and said, if you agree that the information you were given was correct, then we will allocate your application to a CO. Technically the advice was correct, although even if it wasnt, I would have agreed anyway.

Allocated Wednesday, approved this arvo. Boo Yeah! Just going for a lunchtime pint to celebrate.

Good luck all!

P.S. they told me they are processing Sept 2010 atm!!
Congrats enjoy the pint and the few more you shall be having later today.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 2:59 am
Just Joined

ens121_waiting... is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: ENS Visa (121/856)

I lodged my application with EN approved on 21/10/2010
Lodged in Australia with dependant staying overseas.

Case Officer Assigned on 31/12/2010

All documents and requirements met by 25/01/2011

04/03/2011 CO replies on asking abt the progress "Your application is under assessment, will inform you in writing when approved"

4 months up from application... STILL WAITING...

Last edited by ens121_waiting...; Mar 10th 2011 at 3:25 am.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 10:51 am
BBJ
Just Joined

BBJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello at everybody !!! I m new in this but i read many of you post !! All are very interesting and useful!!
I apply for my ENS in may 2010 and still r waiting . Last week i gave to my migration agent my medicals and my police clerance , colud said to me what will happen now and how long take after this step to get my visa ??
Pleaseeeeee!!!

From Surfers Paradise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.