Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ENS Visa (121/856) Current Timescales (Part 2.....)

ENS Visa (121/856) Current Timescales (Part 2.....)

Old Sep 14th 2010, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

zmdia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ENS Visa (121/856) Current Timescales (Part 2.....)

Sorry to dissapoint you all, but just rang the immigration(131881) and this is what I have been told by this guy who seemed a bit friendly for a change.
The processing times have now changed as more and more ENS applications are coming through -

1. Nomination approval is currently taking about 4 months.
2. Part2 (i.e. PR) is currently taking about 8 months.
3. People who are super confident may lodge both at the same time, but of for some reason Nomination gets rejected then you would end up loosing your $2500.

I don't know whether to believe him or not but its way too long a wait..
Old Sep 14th 2010, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

Also a general comment, I would like to make about using Migration Agents -

1. Migration Agents are just people like us. They have no special insight knowledge of the application processing times. Those MA's with more applications submissions, can just look at their own past cases to give you a vague insight into processing time.

2. They have no internal links inside immigration. Immigration system in Australia is very transparent and unlike some asian countries like INDIA,CHINA our system is very fair. Migration agents when asked to follow-up on a case would just EMAIL the immigration or call them on 131881.

3. If some MA comes and says to you that he has internal links and can help get your PR quickly, he is just lying to you. Do not fall in this trap.

4. Please note that wherever possible one should apply for their VISA Application on their own. As long as the documents are properly structured, with a COVERPAGE attached to each supporting document provided, your PR processing will be much quicker. Imagine getting thrown a big pile at you with documents in no particular order. Case Officers are the same. It makes their job easier if documents are arranged in the right order for them.

5. Surely, there is a bit of reading, understanding and arranging of documents to do when applying for PR, but if you are ready to take the pain yourself, do not appoint a migration agent. Only apply a MA, if you feel that there is a GRAY area in your application which is better put forward by the MA because of his experience.

If you follow the advice above, you will most certianly save yourself 1000s of dollars in fees.

I know I maybe starting a debate here, but just trying to help those who haven't yet lodged the application and thinking of finding themselves a Migration Agent so that he can make it quicker/easier for them.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

swazeem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zmdia
Also a general comment, I would like to make about using Migration Agents -

1. Migration Agents are just people like us. They have no special insight knowledge of the application processing times. Those MA's with more applications submissions, can just look at their own past cases to give you a vague insight into processing time.

2. They have no internal links inside immigration. Immigration system in Australia is very transparent and unlike some asian countries like INDIA,CHINA our system is very fair. Migration agents when asked to follow-up on a case would just EMAIL the immigration or call them on 131881.

3. If some MA comes and says to you that he has internal links and can help get your PR quickly, he is just lying to you. Do not fall in this trap.

4. Please note that wherever possible one should apply for their VISA Application on their own. As long as the documents are properly structured, with a COVERPAGE attached to each supporting document provided, your PR processing will be much quicker. Imagine getting thrown a big pile at you with documents in no particular order. Case Officers are the same. It makes their job easier if documents are arranged in the right order for them.

5. Surely, there is a bit of reading, understanding and arranging of documents to do when applying for PR, but if you are ready to take the pain yourself, do not appoint a migration agent. Only apply a MA, if you feel that there is a GRAY area in your application which is better put forward by the MA because of his experience.

If you follow the advice above, you will most certianly save yourself 1000s of dollars in fees.

I know I maybe starting a debate here, but just trying to help those who haven't yet lodged the application and thinking of finding themselves a Migration Agent so that he can make it quicker/easier for them.

I never wanted to use MA but didn't have any other choice. I decided to apply through ENS for quicker processing, end up paying extra money around 5k and still not have PR as yet. My company has agreement with a MA(E & Y) as they had all the necessary documents.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 9:26 am
Just Joined

Kan3NAN is an unknown quantity at this point

as it gets closer they are shifting the goal post.. its ridiculous.. I don't really understand the process now.. where do DIAC says about 4 months for Nomination and then another 7months for the PR to be processed??

Its appears to me like the main motive behind the delaying is effectively make the ENS worthless.. How can it be possible for an Employer to wait to get a person onboard if the visa processing get infinitely prolonged...

Having eliminated few jobs out of the eligibility list and stopped accepting GSM for while, where the high volume of applications came from? Also note that the same set up has processed and awarded 300,000+ PRs in the previous years.. So the position DIAC taken is to reduce the numbers granted by reducing the number of applications processed.. Instead of saying that straight, they are keep repeating some crap without any logical explanations.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 9:32 am
Diane T

diitbrown will become famous soon enoughdiitbrown will become famous soon enough

Hi All...well its done...Nomination and Visa both lodged. As we used an agent both where 'Decision Ready Applications, so, we will see how long it takes!!!

Fingers crossed for everyone whos waiting, that grants start happening quicker
Old Sep 14th 2010, 9:32 am
Just Joined

Kan3NAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulation to Julia G, the new Prime minster.. Being an immigrant might understand our concern and scrutiny this so called big pile of applications... (I know I'm dreaming )..
Old Sep 14th 2010, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by swazeem
I never wanted to use MA but didn't have any other choice. I decided to apply through ENS for quicker processing, end up paying extra money around 5k and still not have PR as yet. My company has agreement with a MA(E & Y) as they had all the necessary documents.
As long as the company pays to a MA, it is ok I guess. How come it cost you 5K though. Shouldn't have cost more than 3K($455+$2575) all up. When did you apply?
Old Sep 14th 2010, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

swazeem is an unknown quantity at this point

As long as the company pays to a MA, it is ok I guess. How come it cost you 5K though. Shouldn't have cost more than 3K($455+$2575) all up. When did you apply?
company didn't pay MA fees in my case which was 5k
Old Sep 14th 2010, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by swazeem
company didn't pay MA fees in my case which was 5k
Hmm. You could have done it all yourself. Either way, maybe other people will learn a lesson from this.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

ken1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

One day to Go To finish my deadline of 7 months but have heard nothin yet ....

Hopefully will hear somthin this week

:f ingerscrossed:
Old Sep 14th 2010, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

dsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the rough

Its sad to see that some of you still waiting for months to get the PR. Probably I am one of the lucky ones who get the visa within 2 months. I am luckier I applied through Melbourne and from regional area (even though the city is only 1 hour from Melbourne).

Good luck to all still waiting. As long it is not rejected, the application is still valid
Old Sep 15th 2010, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

its been soo quite since couple of weeks ... whats happnin parramatta ??????
Old Sep 15th 2010, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ken1234
its been soo quite since couple of weeks ... whats happnin parramatta ??????
I hope that Julia Gillard isn't bringing out some more changes to the policies. Would be too bad if that happens.
Old Sep 15th 2010, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

I hope that Julia Gillard isn't bringing out some more changes to the policies. Would be too bad if that happens.
Well I hope new immi minister Mr brown Brings us new hope ...
Old Sep 15th 2010, 2:59 am
abs
Just Joined

abs is a jewel in the roughabs is a jewel in the roughabs is a jewel in the roughabs is a jewel in the rough

Guys I guess we need to understand immigration is a driving force for Australian economy. Australia needs immigration to support its growing industry and increase the tax base to maintain aging population .According to the Commonwealth Treasury, immigration can reduce the average age of Australians: "The level of net overseas migration is important: net inflows of migrants to Australia reduce the rate of population ageing because migrants are younger on average than the resident population. Currently, around 85 per cent of migrants are aged under 40 when they migrate to Australia, compared to around 55 per cent for the resident population
So regardless who is running the commonwealth government they need us.Centain policy may slow down PR processing for person with specific skill set but as a group we are indispensable for Australian growth.
So be happy we will get our golden tickets (sooner or later)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.