ENS Visa (121/856) Current Timescales

Old Aug 6th 2009, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

lokagirl08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ENS Visa (121/856) Current Timescales

Originally Posted by sjclarkey
I'm not totally sure as my agent is dealing with it all. She also mentioned that there is no way of tracking the application and you can only request a progress staus after the six weeks are up.

Are you also at Parramatta?
HI! I am also waiting for any progress update in regards to my application. I just received my acknlowedgement letter last 29/7 and the last time I checked with DIAC they said it will take like 12 weeks now. Mine was lodged in Paramatta.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

I know people in Perth who have now been waiting around 6weeks.
What happened to visa being granted in one week

Gems
Old Aug 6th 2009, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Ribbit is an unknown quantity at this point

I am reasonably happy to wait - as we leave for Oz on Monday on 457 visa. But once I am there I will shake the tree to see if I can get some kind of response.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

polyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant future

12 weeks, waiting...
Originally Posted by Gems
I know people in Perth who have now been waiting around 6weeks.
What happened to visa being granted in one week

Gems
Old Aug 6th 2009, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

sjclarkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lokagirl08
HI! I am also waiting for any progress update in regards to my application. I just received my acknlowedgement letter last 29/7 and the last time I checked with DIAC they said it will take like 12 weeks now. Mine was lodged in Paramatta.
Hi, did you lodge everything together, business/employee nomination, Police checks, medicals etc, as that seems to help?
Old Aug 6th 2009, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Ribbit is an unknown quantity at this point

My application - is simply the nomination.

Reason - I have a 457 visa which we are going on.
I already have a family sponsored 176 visa in. I used same medicals /PCC for 457 / 176.

Because the 176 is taking 3yrs to process I decided to change to ENS - it is simply a case of filling in the form. But I did not want to jeopardise my 176 application if for any reason the ENS was not accepted. Thus I only wanted the nomination to go in first.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

candysa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
Does anyone know how long nominations are taking before being approved? I'm applying from outside Australia so haven't yet sent in my application as I need to nomination number. My new employer sent it in at the end of July.
Thanks!
Old Aug 6th 2009, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

lokagirl08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, did you lodge everything together, business/employee nomination, Police checks, medicals etc, as that seems to help?
My nomination was approved 14 May, I lodged my visa application with the complete requirements (medical, police checks) only last 16 July. I received the acknowledgement letter last 29 July.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

estifgeb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by candysa
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know how long nominations are taking before being approved? I'm applying from outside Australia so haven't yet sent in my application as I need to nomination number. My new employer sent it in at the end of July.
Thanks!
3-5 weeks.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All

Don't come on here very much, but saw this. We are here on a 457 visa and have been since April last year. We have had medical hurdles, but our full application with the employer bit went to immigration late last Friday afternoon, and we were advised the application had been approved before 2 o clock on Monday, had it not been for the weekend, it would have been less than 24 hours. We were told that it would be between 4 and 6 weeks, thankfully not, this was via Melbourne.

Good Luck to those still waiting, it will come and hopefuly some others will be as quick as ours. Our agent did say that having a decision ready pack was very important and would make a difference to the processing times. So make sure you have everything before you send the application

Jason
Old Aug 6th 2009, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

vexpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by estifgeb
3-5 weeks.
My nomination was lodged June 2nd (Parramatta) and approved July 10th after a phone call to the office (!)
Old Aug 6th 2009, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

estifgeb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vexpat
My nomination was lodged June 2nd (Parramatta) and approved July 10th after a phone call to the office (!)
I received notification of nomination approval through my employer. It was in March 2009 and took three weeks from application to approval.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Hi All

Don't come on here very much, but saw this. We are here on a 457 visa and have been since April last year. We have had medical hurdles, but our full application with the employer bit went to immigration late last Friday afternoon, and we were advised the application had been approved before 2 o clock on Monday, had it not been for the weekend, it would have been less than 24 hours. We were told that it would be between 4 and 6 weeks, thankfully not, this was via Melbourne.

Good Luck to those still waiting, it will come and hopefuly some others will be as quick as ours. Our agent did say that having a decision ready pack was very important and would make a difference to the processing times. So make sure you have everything before you send the application

Jason
less than 24 hours is incredible, the timescales at the moment really seem to vary.

My employee nomination was lodged yesterday, so all my paperwork in now in and will have to learn to be patience and focus on something else for the next weeks.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 7:00 am
Just Joined

vexpat is an unknown quantity at this point

less than 24 hours is incredible, the timescales at the moment really seem to vary.

My employee nomination was lodged yesterday, so all my paperwork in now in and will have to learn to be patience and focus on something else for the next weeks.
Just out of curiousity - what do you do while you are waiting? When do you (does one) start to move house, rent or sell the existing house and get accommodation in Australia?

How do you negotiate the start date with your new employer? Is it TBA or is there an actual date written in your contract? My contract had set dates which now seem overly optimistic. Presumably my contract will need to be amended. Does that new contract need to be sent in to my CO?

Just curious... (and waiting and learning )

vexpat

Last edited by vexpat; Aug 7th 2009 at 7:07 am.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by vexpat
Just out of curiousity - what do you do while you are waiting? When do you (does one) start to move house, rent or sell the existing house and get accommodation in Australia?

How do you negotiate the start date with your new employer? Is it TBA or is there an actual date written in your contract? My contract had set dates which now seem overly optimistic. Presumably my contract will need to be amended. Does that new contract need to be sent in to my CO?

Just curious... (and waiting and learning )

vexpat
I'm already in Oz on a 457, so I'm just looking to get my PR, so I don't have to be tied to my current employer. Before I moved here I was waiting in the UK for my 457 and decided to played it safe and not do anything such as resign, rent house etc, however I did plenty of research. Once the visa was approved I finalised start dates with my new employer and set in motion the plans I had done for the move etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.