Wikiposts

ENS - not sure about this stuff

Old Aug 18th 2007, 9:55 am
Just Joined

JZ2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ENS - not sure about this stuff

Hey Everyone,

The situation:
Previous temporary visa a couple of years ago. Currently on a 457. Our family has been working on an ENS visa for the past couple of months. We have our medicals and police checks done. (We are front-loading.) According to the booklet: "I need 3 years post-qualification in the occupation unless exceptional circumstances apply."

About qualifications - According to ...1121i
"If you are applying under the Employer Nomination Scheme, and you are required to hold a license or registration of any kind in order to work in your occupation, you can provide evidence that you are eligible to unconditionally hold that license or registration with your visa application instead of providing a skills assessment...."

So my skills do not have to be assessed as registration is required and I have had unconditional Aussie registration since 2004. I have had unconditional qualifications since 1992 at home and an advanced qualification since 2005.

The question really involves work experience. When we finally lodge our application I will have two years Aussie experience in the occupation (same employer in OZ...not consecutive two years -- returned to the states to complete a Master's Degree). I have 15 years post qualification experience in a closely related field...no exaggeration here -- very similar work. Duties were almost identical. I can get a detailed reference letter to confirm this.

1. Does anyone see any trouble with the above scenario?

2. How similar are the DIAC work experience checks/need for proof for an ENS as compared to other visas (independent, etc)? Do tax records, some pay slips, contracts suffice for an ENS?

3. One more question: at one point I held down two full time jobs. One in the Aussie nominated job (for four months) in addition to my 15 years experience in related work. I have the contract for this but it may confuse DIAC (as I had another full time job) and the reference letter may be tough to get -- not impossible, just tough.

Ideas...suggestions anyone?

Thanks,
Jay
Old Aug 18th 2007, 1:19 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ENS - not sure about this stuff

Strongly recommended that you get some good professional assistance. Try George Lombard in Sydney.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

JZ2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the quick reply.

Where have I messed up?
Old Aug 19th 2007, 2:24 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JZ2000
Thanks for the quick reply.

Where have I messed up?
You just have a complicated case. Get professional assistance.