ENS 121/119 for Perth

Old Jan 6th 2012, 8:14 am
Just Joined

molly.h is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ENS 121/119 for Perth

Hi everyone,
I read on the immigration website that now all postcodes for WA, including Perth, are considered regional. I have found an employer who is willing to sponsor me for a permanent job as a registered nurse in Perth.
What would the difference be for me, going on ENS 121 or 119?

ANMAC (skill assessment) has given my nursing training OK.
AHPRA says I can register as an RN in Australia, provided I present myself to one of their offices in person with id and police clearance. I asked about this on the nursing part of BE, and they said this was a standard reply. Do you know why I have to do this? I have given them proof of my identity and police clearance when I applied for the skill assessment and the registration.

If I apply for ENS 121 or 119, do I have to go and present myself to AHPRA before DIAC can approve my application? Or can I lodge my application, wait for an approval and once we move to Perth then I go to AHPRA and present myself?
Long story, many questions, sorry, but please advice. Thanks!
Old Jan 6th 2012, 10:38 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ENS 121/119 for Perth

Originally Posted by molly.h
Hi everyone,
I read on the immigration website that now all postcodes for WA, including Perth, are considered regional. I have found an employer who is willing to sponsor me for a permanent job as a registered nurse in Perth.

AHPRA says I can register as an RN in Australia, provided I present myself to one of their offices in person with id and police clearance. I asked about this on the nursing part of BE, and they said this was a standard reply. Do you know why I have to do this? I have given them proof of my identity and police clearance when I applied for the skill assessment and the registration.

If I apply for ENS 121 or 119, do I have to go and present myself to AHPRA before DIAC can approve my application? Or can I lodge my application, wait for an approval and once we move to Perth then I go to AHPRA and present myself?
not specific to nursing, both are permanent and both tie you in to a place for a period of time, but as far as WA goes, the principal difference between 119 and 121 ENS visas appears to be the skills assessment that you need to do for the ENS scheme, for the 119 you just need to be qualified to a diploma level and be able to string together a basic sentence in English. But don't get me wrong, either one is equally prone to rejection on formal grounds, so read all you can on the immi.gov.au and consult a MARA registered agent for assistance.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

mansawant is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Hi Molly,
You have to go to AHPRA in person doesn't matter which visa ur on. So start ur visa application process and then move to Ox and visit AHPRA. But remember to visit AHPRA with the specified time. My wife has to visit AHPRA before Sep 12 to complete her nursing registration and she has been offered job by public hospital in Sydney and they are offering PR visa (ENS 121) however we are waiting for their nomination to be approved. Once approved we can lodge our application. If our visa approval will get delayed by DIAC we are going to let AHPRA know we have applied for visa and awaiting decision.

Hope that helps.

...Mansawant
Old Jan 6th 2012, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

Thanks again Mansawant, much clearer now!
Good luck!

Molly
Old Jan 6th 2012, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Thanks newjersey too!

Molly
Old Jan 6th 2012, 7:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Go for the ENS although you would need to get a skills assessment, this won't need to get regional approval as well as employer nomination approval. You also won't be subject to cancellation if you leave the position within 2 years, this remains a possibility on the RSMS (119) visa although it does not appear to be often used.