Wikiposts

English test on the ENS visa

Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:37 am
Just Joined

melandwes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English test on the ENS visa

Hello

We are currently putting our ENS visa together and i am a bit confused on the english test. I have read on this website that we are exempt we are british born and bred and hold british passports, however in the ENS booklet it states Quote:

""A 'vocational' level of English is required of ENS applicants.
There are two methods of demonstrating vocational English language ability.
-The applicant provides evidence that he or she holds a degree, higher degree, diploma or trade certificate that required at least two years full time study or training, and all instruction was conducted in English: or
-The applicant sits an international English language testing system (IELTS) and provides evidence that they have a minimum score of 5 out of 9 for all four components of the test (speaking, reading, listening and writing)""

We do not have a degree etc Only normal schooling and exams so does that mean we have to sit the english exam? Also my husband is the nominated applicant do we both need to sit the exam.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Mel
Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of
Default Re: English test on the ENS visa

Originally Posted by melandwes
Hello

We are currently putting our ENS visa together and i am a bit confused on the english test. I have read on this website that we are exempt we are british born and bred and hold british passports, however in the ENS booklet it states Quote:

""A 'vocational' level of English is required of ENS applicants.
There are two methods of demonstrating vocational English language ability.
-The applicant provides evidence that he or she holds a degree, higher degree, diploma or trade certificate that required at least two years full time study or training, and all instruction was conducted in English: or
-The applicant sits an international English language testing system (IELTS) and provides evidence that they have a minimum score of 5 out of 9 for all four components of the test (speaking, reading, listening and writing)""

We do not have a degree etc Only normal schooling and exams so does that mean we have to sit the english exam? Also my husband is the nominated applicant do we both need to sit the exam.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Mel
You will automatically get 15 points for language because you hold a british passport.

If you need extra points you can sit the IELTS test and get 25 instead.

Trish
Old Nov 21st 2007, 11:44 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scrum
You will automatically get 15 points for language because you hold a british passport.

If you need extra points you can sit the IELTS test and get 25 instead.

Trish
ENS isn't a points tested visa so points not an issue.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 1:22 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Our UK passport holding clients who apply for visas under the ENS have not been asked to provide any additional evidence of their English language competency.

Best regards.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

melandwes is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help everyone i guess that it one thing to cross off the list then!

Mel