English Test??

Old Dec 19th 2007, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

StuChapman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English Test??

Hey folks,

I've been nominated for an Employer Sponsored Migration Visa (Subclass 121), and am trying to figure out if I need to do an English test or not.

I'm English, born & educated in London, and can speak the language perfectly well, so am not too concerned with having to do a test on it. I just can't seem to find out one way or another if I need to do the test or not.

Can anyone advise please?

Cheers,

Stuart
Old Dec 19th 2007, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English Test??

Originally Posted by StuChapman
Hey folks,

I've been nominated for an Employer Sponsored Migration Visa (Subclass 121), and am trying to figure out if I need to do an English test or not.

I'm English, born & educated in London, and can speak the language perfectly well, so am not too concerned with having to do a test on it. I just can't seem to find out one way or another if I need to do the test or not.

Cheers,

Stuart
Have you read the DIAC site? http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill.../ens/index.htm

Also http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books5.htm

They should tell you all you need to know
Old Dec 20th 2007, 2:47 am
pj1
Just Joined

pj1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by StuChapman
Hey folks,

Cheers,

Stuart
I've been nominated for the same visa and they have not asked me to do an english test. You should be alright.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Sara W is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I've just had my permanent visa granted. I didn't know if I needed to do test and wanted to avoid if possible. To prove I could speak english I had to get a letter from the headmaster of the comprehensive school I attended. The school did not have any record of me so I was advised by the school to go the local council offices and get a photocopy of the school ledger showing the date I entered and exited school. I took this to the school and the headmaster very kindly wrote me a letter. I can't honestly remember who told me to do this, but it was somebody official (such as the nurse registration board). I later used it in the visa application. Please note, however, that you should only do this if you don't need the points that go with taking the test.

Good luck
Sara (heading to Perth with my husband and 2 cats in the new year)