Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

English level evidence for secondary applicant - 175 visa

Wikiposts

English level evidence for secondary applicant - 175 visa

Old Apr 8th 2009, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

anka will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Urgent pls: IELTS for spouse MUST be taken before lodging application at DIAC?

Hello everybody,

I want to lodge the application for visa 176 tonight but I need to know first if all applicants (not just the primary applicant) need to have an IELTS result before.

They say: "You must provide evidence of your English language ability, or evidence that an English language test has been booked (Skilled - Regional Sponsored (Subclass 487) visa applicants only) when you lodge this
application. Failure to do so may result in you being unable to satisfy the criteria for this visa, and this application may be refused"

I understand from this info that the primary applicant needs to have IELTS result, but they say next:

"The recorded language ability will also be used to determine liability for the second instalment charge for each person aged 18 years or over included in this application. Please provide details of the English language ability of ALL persons aged 18 years or over included in this application."

Then they ask if spouse took the test and what's the reference number.

What do you understand from this?

Thanks mates.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

shurilo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English level evidence for secondary applicant - 175 visa

Hi,
in the 175 Visa application form there is a part asking about English level of each secondary applicant above age 18 (my wife in this case). As I understand, we do not have to fill it at the time of the application if my wife still haven't done the IELTs. If at the time the visa will be granted we still will not have a proof of English for her, we will be required to pay second installment for studying English in Australia. The question is, if she does the IELT during the time we wait for the visa and get the IELTS result before the visa granted, do they consider it or they still request to pay the second installment?

Thank You.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:26 am
Just Joined

heartyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Urgent pls: IELTS for spouse MUST be taken before lodging application at DIAC?

Originally Posted by anka
Hello everybody,

I want to lodge the application for visa 176 tonight but I need to know first if all applicants (not just the primary applicant) need to have an IELTS result before.

They say: "You must provide evidence of your English language ability, or evidence that an English language test has been booked (Skilled - Regional Sponsored (Subclass 487) visa applicants only) when you lodge this
application. Failure to do so may result in you being unable to satisfy the criteria for this visa, and this application may be refused"

I understand from this info that the primary applicant needs to have IELTS result, but they say next:

"The recorded language ability will also be used to determine liability for the second instalment charge for each person aged 18 years or over included in this application. Please provide details of the English language ability of ALL persons aged 18 years or over included in this application."

Then they ask if spouse took the test and what's the reference number.

What do you understand from this?

Thanks mates.
Spouse IELTS can be submitted later, before the visa is granted. I submitted my wife's IELTS 4 months after lodging my application.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: English level evidence for secondary applicant - 175 visa

Thanks heartyy, that's a great news...

I closed my eyes, kept my finger crossed and press submit appplication today

Hope everything will turn out well for all of us
Old Apr 8th 2009, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

heartyy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anka
Thanks heartyy, that's a great news...

I closed my eyes, kept my finger crossed and press submit appplication today

Hope everything will turn out well for all of us
anka...make sure you have really clicked on the submit button....good luck to you
Old Apr 8th 2009, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

I clicked it - i'm sure - cos' my money are already gone

thanks for wishes