British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/engineers-australia-assessment-merged-threads-723685/)

amitkrishnan1 Jan 24th 2012 11:56 am

Re: Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Dear All,
I am a Mechanical Engineer, very recently received my IELTS results with over all band of 7 and minimum of 6 in all modules.
Well I have started my CDR preparation, planned to complete by 2nd week of Feb 2012. well could any one guide me which handbook do i have to follow, well i do got some samples of CDR and i have downloaded Migration Skill Assesment handbook and Professional Engineer Sumary Statements from engineers Australia.
Is there any other handbook, which indicates templates for career episode.

Any tips from the forum are most welcome.

contact me in my email : amitkrishnan1 at_the_rate gmail dot com.

well people who are planning or started to prepare CDR, please be in touch and share the recent updates.

regards,

mariner Jan 25th 2012 7:55 am

There is another handbook "Chartered Status-A Handbook for Applicants" available on the EA website . Although these are for applying for chartered engineer status, the CER examples given therein are quite helpful as a reference.

pkumar11 Feb 1st 2012 12:43 am

Dear All

This is very good information available here. I have a quick question regarding assessment. My brother in india started his carreer as electronics engineer and then now he sits in management after ten years. Can he apply for assessment.
Is there some one who has gone through similar case.

Thanks in advance

joojay Feb 7th 2012 4:50 pm

Work experience assessment by EA for points

Hi

My hubby has been assessed as an Electrical Engineer by EA recently. The problem is that we did not apply for his work experience to be assessed for points. Why didnt we? Because we thought it was totally optional, but now after more research, we feel that it would be important. We will be claiming 8 years of overseas experience(hubby infact has 12 yrs experience).

So, now we want to apply for work experience assessment. Does anyone have this experience .. i.e. just having the experience assessed? I actually am most interested in knowing how much time would this assessment take? An approximate guess ofcourse as I know that the stated times and duration can vary by miles. Our EA assessment came in 5 weeks, though it was CDR based and we are from HR country.

roraimap Feb 8th 2012 3:26 pm

Re: Work experience assessment by EA for points

Hi!!

It took about 4 weeks for a friend of mine with the same situation as yours (CDRs already done and from a HR country)

In my case I sent them together (in Nov'11) and it took 5 weeks. So i guess it takes about the same time.

Good Luck

joojay Feb 8th 2012 4:56 pm

Re: Work experience assessment by EA for points

great .... thanks a lot :)

Maham Feb 17th 2012 9:10 pm

CDR Asesment time by EA

Hi.

Has anyone recently had a Competency Demonstration Report assessment with Engineers Australia? Would appreciate experience of how long the process took? The website says 12 weeks though hopefully in practice some have been quicker than this?

ahmedEE Feb 18th 2012 4:50 am

Re: CDR Asesment time by EA

Originally Posted by Maham (Post 9907896)
Hi.

Has anyone recently had a Competency Demonstration Report assessment with Engineers Australia? Would appreciate experience of how long the process took? The website says 12 weeks though hopefully in practice some have been quicker than this?

My assessment started on 30 August and letter was issued on 3 November 2011. But my outcome letter didn't reach me through surface mail (lost in home country postal system). After which I applied for duplicate letter through courier and got it in January 2012.

Maham Feb 18th 2012 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by amitkrishnan1 (Post 9861930)
Dear All,
I am a Mechanical Engineer, very recently received my IELTS results with over all band of 7 and minimum of 6 in all modules.
Well I have started my CDR preparation, planned to complete by 2nd week of Feb 2012. well could any one guide me which handbook do i have to follow, well i do got some samples of CDR and i have downloaded Migration Skill Assesment handbook and Professional Engineer Sumary Statements from engineers Australia.
Is there any other handbook, which indicates templates for career episode.

Any tips from the forum are most welcome.

contact me in my email : amitkrishnan1 at_the_rate gmail dot com.

well people who are planning or started to prepare CDR, please be in touch and share the recent updates.

regards,

hay,
good luck with ur CDR preparation stuff. m working on the same. couldn't get any sample. just following the instructions given in the MSA booklet. once u start working on it, it really doesnt seem difficult n complicated...
n yes one more thing, which visa r u applying for? asking this coz want to stay in touch wd some1 traveling in the same boat... when do u intend to apply for assessment to EA? i m yet to appear in IELTS exam in march. do u think i shud send my CDRs b4 the IELTS result announcement?

Pollyana Feb 19th 2012 12:39 am

Originally Posted by Maham (Post 9909368)
hay,
good luck with ur CDR preparation stuff. m working on the same. couldn't get any sample. just following the instructions given in the MSA booklet. once u start working on it, it really doesnt seem difficult n complicated...
n yes one more thing, which visa r u applying for? asking this coz want to stay in touch wd some1 traveling in the same boat... when do u intend to apply for assessment to EA? i m yet to appear in IELTS exam in march. do u think i shud send my CDRs b4 the IELTS result announcement?

Please don't write in "text speak" - it is difficult to follow and puts people off from answering your posts. English is the language of BE ;)

joojay Feb 19th 2012 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Maham (Post 9909368)
hay,

NO, I told you before also. They will NOT process your application without your IELTS result. When they get the result, and are sure that you have atleast 6 in all modules, then they will process your application.

Maham Feb 19th 2012 6:42 am

Originally Posted by joojay (Post 9909646)
NO, I told you before also. They will NOT process your application without your IELTS result. When they get the result, and are sure that you have atleast 6 in all modules, then they will process your application.

thanks. just wanted to have another opinion too. i think i should dispatch my application a week before IELTS result announcement and by the time my application would be there and ready for processing, they will get my IELTS result too. i just want to get it fast.

Pebble2 Feb 22nd 2012 9:20 am

I am in the process of compiling the required documents and certificates for a immigration visa submission. I am unsure on what pathway I should follow for EA assessment. My degree is an accredited course with the UK Engineering Council, this being a BEng Hons in Manufacturing Systems Engineering course reference number 6368. Would this course allow me to submit for either Washington or Sydney Accord ? If not would I have to follow the CDR route ?
Thanks for any advice John

opfian Feb 22nd 2012 4:45 pm

Good Evening,

I am prospecting Telecom Engr and recently appeared in IELTS exam. For immigration I will be accessed by Engineers Australia and their requirement is 6.0 in each module (correct me if i m wrong please).

My result will be announced in 2 weeks. Here I got two questions

For Instance, If I get lower than 7.0 in one module and requirement for DIAC/State Sponsorship is 7.0 in each module - than I will have to appear in IELTS again for improving my score.

If my score is 6.0+ in each module, Can I get myself accessed from EA as their requirement is 6.0?? and later improve my score after assessment.

If i get myself accessed at 6.0 from EA and then later improve my IELTS result to 7.0 each - will it effect my already accessed degree from EA? or Will DIAC/State Sponsorship can raise any question for the reason that my assessment IELTS score will be different (i.e 6.0) from the later score (i.e7.0)

asifadam Feb 28th 2012 8:32 am

Re: June 2011 Applicants

hi every one

Is IELTS academic applicable for sending case to Engineering Australia...