Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Old Nov 8th 2011, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

ahmedEE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Originally Posted by roraimap
wow, only two months? Did you apply through CDRs?
Yes, I submitted CDR and definitely the quick processing was a pleasant surprise for me.

Originally Posted by nomadinusa
Hi guys;
Has anyone over here opted for the "Relevant Skilled employment" option and paid AU$150 extra to assess their work experience.Is it worth it ? I mean does this assessment mean anything to DIAC or will DIAC do its own investigation/processing ? Does it save time during the actual processing with DIAC ?
I opted for it and got the assessment in the form of start and end experience dates. I think DIAC has specifically instructed to obtain relevant skilled employment opinion from EA and a coordinated loop which has been created between EA and DIAC to handle this new assessment shows that it has significant meaning to our application. The AUD150 fee also emphasize their seriousness about it.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 2:15 am
Just Joined

nomadinusa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ahmedEE
Yes, I submitted CDR and definitely the quick processing was a pleasant surprise for me.

I opted for it and got the assessment in the form of start and end experience dates. I think DIAC has specifically instructed to obtain relevant skilled employment opinion from EA and a coordinated loop which has been created between EA and DIAC to handle this new assessment shows that it has significant meaning to our application. The AUD150 fee also emphasize their seriousness about it.
thanks ahmedEE....
I will also get it done...
Old Nov 13th 2011, 8:43 am
Account Closed

roraimap is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ahmedEE,

One question... did you receive the assessment letter by post or Engineers Australia let you know the outcome by email and then you receive the letter?

Thanks
Old Nov 13th 2011, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Hi ahmedEE,

One question... did you receive the assessment letter by post or Engineers Australia let you know the outcome by email and then you receive the letter?

Thanks
I kept track of the status updates every week from "msastatus blank email" service and when I saw the "dates of applications being processed" matched mine, I launched an email to them after two weeks asking about the outcome. I got a reply from EA representative the next day, confirming the positive outcome and he also attached an unofficial copy of the letter. He also mentioned that letter has been posted by surface mail (I am still waiting for it)
I hope this clarifies the process.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 6:31 pm
Account Closed

I kept track of the status updates every week from "msastatus blank email" service and when I saw the "dates of applications being processed" matched mine, I launched an email to them after two weeks asking about the outcome. I got a reply from EA representative the next day, confirming the positive outcome and he also attached an unofficial copy of the letter. He also mentioned that letter has been posted by surface mail (I am still waiting for it)
I hope this clarifies the process.
didnt know about that service... thanks!!!
Old Nov 14th 2011, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

didnt know about that service... thanks!!!
From EA Website:
...Regularly updated advice on the dates of applications under current process may be sought by sending a blank email to [email protected] with the sole word 'Status' in the email subject line. You will receive an automatic response....
Old Nov 14th 2011, 4:57 am
chapkenv

chapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nice
Exclamation Re: Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

@nomadinusa & ahmedEE....dollar amt of 150 ?! i know that the fee amount was 200 on their 'payment of standard administration fee' form, also there is a CC fill in option

@ roraimap....turnaround time for additional assessment of work-exp is approximately 15 days...if all docs submitted as per guidelines on EA website...no need to check status alltimes

gl

Last edited by chapkenv; Nov 14th 2011 at 5:08 am.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chapkenv
@nomadinusa & ahmedEE....dollar amt of 150 ?! i know that the fee amount was 200 on their 'payment of standard administration fee' form, also there is a CC fill in option

@ roraimap....turnaround time for additional assessment of work-exp is approximately 15 days...if all docs submitted as per guidelines on EA website...no need to check status alltimes

gl
The AUD 200 Fee is for people who already hold an assessment outcome - and have NOT yet applied to DIAC and want to get skilled employment / work experience assessment.

AUD 150 fee is for people who are applying for CDR based skills assessment afresh and also want skilled employment assessment within this exercise.

Read:
http://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/about-us/migration-skills-assessment.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 10:43 am
chapkenv

chapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nice
Default Re: fee amounts

thanks for clarifying, ahmedEE - if someone happened to come by this post there might have been doubts arising; so i believe it is 550 + 150 (CDR + WEA) if applying simultaneously post July 2011, ie. a total of 700

otherwise, to spell it out, if you have been already assessed at some time in the past and hold a positive IEAust outcome ie. an ANZSCO code for your profession, and now** want to have a Work Experience Assessment ie. WEA (quantified in terms of months in employment relevant to the ANZSCO code assessed) the administrative fee is 200

but what if there are people who have applied for the CDR (and are in process ie. they do NOT yet hold a positive outcome) but wish to go ahead and apply for a WEA, then I believe there is room for doubt as to what the fee amount might be - and for this subset it might be best to wait for an outcome, before proceeding to the next step of WEA...

Last edited by chapkenv; Nov 14th 2011 at 11:15 am.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 7:18 am
Account Closed

Default Re: fee amounts

thanks for clarifying, ahmedEE - if someone happened to come by this post there might have been doubts arising; so i believe it is 550 + 150 (CDR + WEA) if applying simultaneously post July 2011, ie. a total of 700

otherwise, to spell it out, if you have been already assessed at some time in the past and hold a positive IEAust outcome ie. an ANZSCO code for your profession, and now** want to have a Work Experience Assessment ie. WEA (quantified in terms of months in employment relevant to the ANZSCO code assessed) the administrative fee is 200

but what if there are people who have applied for the CDR (and are in process ie. they do NOT yet hold a positive outcome) but wish to go ahead and apply for a WEA, then I believe there is room for doubt as to what the fee amount might be - and for this subset it might be best to wait for an outcome, before proceeding to the next step of WEA...
Hi!!,

Based on your experience with EA. When do they usually charge the credit card once the CDRs are received?. Mine arrived this monday and my bank is very picky with overseas charges.

Thanks!
Old Nov 16th 2011, 5:47 pm
chapkenv

Post Re: Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

@roraimap
if you looked at the "spoiler" under my response, i approached EA twice...
last year, i sent in a bank draft along with my CDR app; and this year i had my brother in sydney fill in cc details for the WEA fee paymnt; on earlier occasion i had used a cc from India for a UTS (univ) paymnt and it worked fine - the bank should have no trouble making an overseas payment (but how does it figure into the equation unless you used their debit card?!) may i kno which country your card is from? ps: since its a paper-form that EA utilise for their process, like most engineering processes around the world, it won't be immediately charged like an online payment you do on a UNIV website, or amazon.com, or DIAC

Last edited by chapkenv; Nov 16th 2011 at 5:54 pm.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 6:02 pm
Account Closed

@roraimap
if you looked at the "spoiler" under my response, i approached EA twice...
last year, i sent in a bank draft along with my CDR app; and this year i had my brother in sydney fill in cc details for the WEA fee paymnt; on earlier occasion i had used a cc from India for a UTS (univ) paymnt and it worked fine - the bank should have no trouble making an overseas payment (but how does it figure into the equation unless you used their debit card?!) may i kno which country your card is from? ps: since its a paper-form that EA utilise for their process, like most engineering processes around the world, it won't be immediately charged like an online payment you do on a UNIV website, or amazon.com, or DIAC
My credit card is from UK, I read I had to allow 5-7 working days to get the acknowledgement letter. Not sure if at that stage the credit card would be already charged. Do they charge it right away or send the letter first?.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 6:37 pm
chapkenv

Default no worries

hi, it will probably get sent to accounts, so the person acknowledging and the person in charge of payments will be different, you probably know this if you are in the field of engineering - they always keep cost separate from every other dept - so quit thinking about when they will charge the card etc i know its difficult not to -i went thru the same phase, if your mail tracker says the CDR reached them-rest assured- you should just email them around 12-14 weeks after that date , if you are anxious for the outcome - but like i said earlier - your turnaround may be as less as a fortnite, being a UK degree and all - so email them then 2 days before then ie 24 th NOV GMT with your CID reference no. that is mentioned in the acknow-letter, problem is every communication will be by normal air-mail - so i am guessing - you will recv the acknow AFTER your cc is charged - and the actual OUTCOME reply email from the Assessor in about 3 weeks from MONDAY 14th - and the PAPER OUTCOME LETTER in the first week of DEC, if not earlier

Last edited by chapkenv; Nov 16th 2011 at 6:41 pm.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 8:50 pm
Account Closed

Default Re: no worries

My degree is not from UK so I will have to wait a bit more... but at least I am in the queue

Thanks, I will post the outcome as soon as I get it.
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 10:54 am
Just Joined

abhirami123 is an unknown quantity at this point

will u send me a copy of cdr which u have prepared so that it will be helpfull to me to analyse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.