British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/engineers-australia-assessment-merged-threads-723685/)

Richard_Gregan Nov 18th 2016 10:31 am

Re: Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

As stated earlier, while it is useful to look at examples to give you an idea of what's expected, a CDR must be wholly your own work. EA are highly experienced in spotting plagiarism, so it's really not worth it. As a qualified engineer you should have no problem establishing three career episodes for your portfolio, based upon your own degree and any relevant work experience.

Regards,

Richard
MARN 9905168

StarAlly Dec 11th 2016 7:11 am

Hello all. I am thinking of immigrating to Australia and I am an engineer. I am now preparing the requirements and I need to write my CDR. Anyone can help me?

StarAlly Dec 11th 2016 7:14 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 12096199)
And to add to that, make sure you are familiar with Engineers Australia's Code of Ethics

Of course, I am not going to do anything unethical. I just want something to start with.

StarAlly Dec 11th 2016 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Richard_Gregan (Post 12108293)
As stated earlier, while it is useful to look at examples to give you an idea of what's expected, a CDR must be wholly your own work. EA are highly experienced in spotting plagiarism, so it's really not worth it. As a qualified engineer you should have no problem establishing three career episodes for your portfolio, based upon your own degree and any relevant work experience.

Regards,

Richard
MARN 9905168

Exactly. My intention is not to plagiarize anyone's work. I just want to have an idea about what is written and how. Of course, a chemical engineer cannot have the same CDR as, for example, an electronics engineer! but the same rules apply.

spouse of scouse Dec 12th 2016 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by StarAlly (Post 12126556)
Exactly. My intention is not to plagiarize anyone's work. I just want to have an idea about what is written and how. Of course, a chemical engineer cannot have the same CDR as, for example, an electronics engineer! but the same rules apply.

Everything you need to know is in the Migration Skills Assessment Booklet, produced by Engineers Australia. Pages 18 onwards give clear instructions as to what you need to include in your CDR and how to write it. https://www.engineersaustralia.org.a...sa_booklet.pdf

RichThroop Dec 31st 2016 1:18 pm

Would it be possible for someone to email me a sample of a completed and approved CDR so that I can understand the style/ format required.
I personally find the guidance given in the msa booklet to be very hoighty toighty and overly officious in its use of big words and very little content...
Many Thanks

spouse of scouse Dec 31st 2016 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by RichThroop (Post 12139745)
Would it be possible for someone to email me a sample of a completed and approved CDR so that I can understand the style/ format required.
I personally find the guidance given in the msa booklet to be very hoighty toighty and overly officious in its use of big words and very little content...
Many Thanks

Whether or not you find the guidance officious, it is, nevertheless, the guidance you follow if you want to write a successful CDR. There's not much content there because the content is the bit you write. If you don't understand the words used, you can ask here for clarification of those words (or you could use a dictionary).

Please don't ask other members to send you copies of their documents.

RichThroop Dec 31st 2016 1:51 pm

I've no idea who you are Spouse of Scouse???
My statement was about how pretentious I perceived it and nothing else.
Your opinion is not requested and does not help in any way.

spouse of scouse Dec 31st 2016 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by RichThroop (Post 12139770)
I've no idea who you are Spouse of Scouse???
My statement was about how pretentious I perceived it and nothing else.
Your opinion is not requested and does not help in any way.

Getting shirty won't help! This a public forum and anyone can give you an opinion.

Your CDR is supposed to be your own work, so there's no need to ask for someone else's. Follow the guidelines set by your assessing body, they're very clear. Whether or not you agree with that is up to you - there is, however, no need to be rude.

RichThroop Dec 31st 2016 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12139862)
Getting shirty won't help! This a public forum and anyone can give you an opinion.

Your CDR is supposed to be your own work, so there's no need to ask for someone else's. Follow the guidelines set by your assessing body, they're very clear. Whether or not you agree with that is up to you - there is, however, no need to be rude.

Spouse of scouse - Get over yourself princess

spouse of scouse Dec 31st 2016 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by RichThroop (Post 12139912)
Spouse of scouse - Get over yourself princess

Happy New Year :starsmile:

RichThroop Dec 31st 2016 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12139915)
Happy New Year :starsmile:

Happy New Year to you too 🍺

Tula123 Jan 6th 2017 9:35 am

Hi everyone,
Wanted to ask this question to all, i have done engineering in biotechnology and then went on to work as environment and chemical engineer for little more than 1 year

Based on my qualifications and work experience, what are my chances of being assessed as engineering technologist?

Thanks & Regards

Richard_Gregan Jan 6th 2017 10:01 am

Hi Tula,

Engineers Australia will need to assess your qualification to see if it is equivalent to a Bachelor of Technology or a professional Engineering degree. Typically, three year bachelor of engineering degrees (from Accord countries) tend to be assessed at Engineering Technologist level. Also to be considered is which country you obtained your degree?

EA will also be able to provide an opinion on your employment.

Regards,

Richard

Tula123 Jan 6th 2017 1:04 pm

Hello richard,

Thank you so much for your reply. Actually the degree is Bachelor of technology in Biotechnology (4 years) from india which is considered equivalent to engineering as per indian standards but biotechnology is not considered to be core engineering and its not in the sol list.

This is the reason why i am looking for assessing myself as engineering technologist as i have a engineering degree + my 1 year of experience as environment/chemical engineer

Thanks & Regards