Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Old Jul 11th 2011, 7:54 am
Just Joined

ramykimo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CDR for Engineers Australia

Originally Posted by jibranshah
I contacted EA via email and they mentioned that the new MSA booklet will be available "early this week".

Regarding your point of assessment becoming harder, I think that current CDR based system is hard enough and I wonder what else they can demand from us.

Lets wait for new booklet to know the details.
Can I ask you some Questions?..1- what kind of engineer are you? 2-Have ever heard about rejection from EA?
Old Jul 11th 2011, 8:07 am
Just Joined

oilman is an unknown quantity at this point

Isn't the current pdf copy at their website an updated one...or there is one more coming up
Old Jul 11th 2011, 10:15 am
Just Joined

jibranshah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ramykimo
Can I ask you some Questions?..1- what kind of engineer are you? 2-Have ever heard about rejection from EA?
Electronics Engineer. I cannot comment about the rejection from EA as I recently came to know about this CDR thing from Engineers Australia. What I feel from their approach that they are supposed to assess us against our qualifications and skills and give their recommendation for equivalency according to Australian standards. If you dont have enough experience or irrelevant qualification (which does not pertain to their domain) then they will simply notify you for a different path.

Originally Posted by oilman
Isn't the current pdf copy at their website an updated one...or there is one more coming up
The currently available version is of January 2011 which will be amended and July 2011 version will be released soon to reflect the changes of new points test of DIAC.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 7:23 am
Just Joined

I think they have uploaded the latest one...I am a novice, pardon me if i am wrong..

If its a new one what are the additional requirements and how will it impact
Old Jul 13th 2011, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

jibranshah is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, the new MSA booklet (July 2011 Edition) is now available at EA website. I see no major change in CDR based method, the only addition is the assessment of skilled employment for DIAC at an extra cost of AUD 150.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 10:32 am
Just Joined

richi6787 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Vaibhav...

I need your help desperately....As i am going to assess my degree through Engineers Australia and as everybody needs CDR report to fullfill their criteria. I need your help.

As i am going to assess as Biomedical engineer but i just want to see a sample report...

PLease....
(And one more thing, Do u hav any idea if some one has done Bachelor of engineering in Biotechnology whether it is possible to assess as biomedical engineer..?? )

Thanks,
Old Aug 4th 2011, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

richi6787 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone has any such CDR samples..???? please need it badly...
Old Sep 4th 2011, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

I am confused regarding the assessment....I will be claiming points for my 3 years offshore work exp....in order to get these 05 points, should my cdr be written at the end of 3 years.....or I can send it now(2.5 years exp)...and claim later for the 03 years experience when i submit my app to DIAC...can anyone go through page 26 of 52of EA assessment booklet(additional assessment services)...

day by day its getting complex...
Attached Files
Old Sep 4th 2011, 1:21 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

I am confused regarding the assessment....I will be claiming points for my 3 years offshore work exp....in order to get these 05 points, should my cdr be written at the end of 3 years.....or I can send it now(2.5 years exp)...and claim later for the 03 years experience when i submit my app to DIAC...can anyone go through page 26 of 52of EA assessment booklet(additional assessment services)...

day by day its getting complex...
points test is DIAC's instrument has nothing to do with the EA assessment. If you have enough to pass the assessment, you can go for it now. When you have enough to claim additional points with DIAC you will apply for the visa. DIAC does their own calculations of the work experience.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

then why is this mentioned on page 26 in section D..

"2. Applicability of additional services

It should be noted that not all clients will require these
additional assessing services. Such services are
anticipated to be ONLY of interest to the following clients:

• those who hold a higher-level qualification than may be
strictly necessary to provide the nominated outcome;

and / or

• those who have at least 1 year Australian work
experience, and / or at least 3 years Overseas work
experience in their nominated occupation or a closelyrelated
occupation.

Either or both of these services may be applied for if the
client wishes to claim the DIAC points."
Old Sep 4th 2011, 3:53 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

then why is this mentioned on page 26 in section D..

"2. Applicability of additional services

It should be noted that not all clients will require these
additional assessing services. Such services are
anticipated to be ONLY of interest to the following clients:

• those who hold a higher-level qualification than may be
strictly necessary to provide the nominated outcome;

and / or

• those who have at least 1 year Australian work
experience, and / or at least 3 years Overseas work
experience in their nominated occupation or a closelyrelated
occupation.

Either or both of these services may be applied for if the
client wishes to claim the DIAC points."
This is an additional service, offered be EA, that may or may not be needed. It is also separate from the skills assessment itself. It says at the beginning of the section that DIAC *may* request an opinion, but they don't have to. Yes, it would be less risky for you to apply for assessment and for this optional opinion at the same time, after you have completed your 3 years, this way you could pretty much bank on the extra points in the visa application, but you don't have to have it upfront, and DIAC may not even request it. These rules are quite new and there is not enough info available publicly to opine on, so keep us updated on how you go about it.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by newjersey
This is an additional service, offered be EA, that may or may not be needed. It is also separate from the skills assessment itself. It says at the beginning of the section that DIAC *may* request an opinion, but they don't have to. Yes, it would be less risky for you to apply for assessment and for this optional opinion at the same time, after you have completed your 3 years, this way you could pretty much bank on the extra points in the visa application, but you don't have to have it upfront, and DIAC may not even request it. These rules are quite new and there is not enough info available publicly to opine on, so keep us updated on how you go about it.
Thnx newjersey for ur input...would let everyone here know what happens to my assessment..
Old Sep 14th 2011, 7:19 am
chapkenv

chapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nice
Exclamation other posts vary...

there have been other posts with official links stating the same 5 yrs to be 12 months ie. you must apply to DIAC within 1 yr of your outcome letter from EA, but the EA website says 5 yrs according to their general understanding (not necessarily understanding with DIAC)
Old Sep 20th 2011, 10:29 am
Just Joined

Default CDR for EA assessment review

I am almost done with my CDR but not feeling confident regarding the occupation ill be applying for. My intended occupation is mechanical engineering but i have been working in upstream oil and gas sector. so my career episodes include alot of drilling terminologies..

Can anyone over here give each episode a review. it would ideally be a person assessed positively by EA, has done mechanical engineering and working in upstream oil sector...any mechanical engineer who has been assessed positively by EA is also welcomed.

PM me ur id, ill send u the episodes in couple of days..
Old Oct 10th 2011, 9:46 am
Just Joined

nomadinusa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Engineers australia assessment time?

Hi everyone;
I have applied to Engineers australia to get my assessment done...
any idea how much time they take for this ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.