British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/engineers-australia-assessment-merged-threads-723685/)

WCG Mar 15th 2016 8:00 am

Re: CDR for Engineers Australia

Originally Posted by vober (Post 9458160)
PM me your email id.I will give you a copy of my CDR. I got assessed as an "Electronics Engineer". But remember the CDR has to be your own work. Just try to check the format from mine and yes read all the instructions mentioned in the handbook throughly.

I just hope the moderators don't get offended with me sharing my CDR as a sample. :-)

Cheers
Vaibhav

Dear Vaibhav,

Can you please share your CDR with me?
I am a chemical engineer but Im sure I can have an idea about how to write a good CDR

srinivasan May 29th 2016 9:56 am

Hi Vaibhav,

Am preparing for CDR in Electronics field, am thinking of applying next month. Could you please send me your CDR so that i can get an idea on how to prepare it. my email id is < snip >

Originally Posted by vober (Post 9458381)
Its easy provided you follow all the instructions. DO NOT leave any thing mentioned in the handbook. they follow the hand book line by line.

Its easy and they will advise as to how the correct the submission. Atleast they helped me by letting me know where I had gone wrong with my submission and allowed me time to correct my mistakes.

Follow the pattern I have sent you.

Cheers!!

Vaibhav

old.sparkles May 29th 2016 10:11 am

Originally Posted by srinivasan (Post 11958920)
Hi Vaibhav,

Am preparing for CDR in Electronics field, am thinking of applying next month. Could you please send me your CDR so that i can get an idea on how to prepare it. my email id is < snip >

Your CDR reflects your own work episodes not someone elses - DIBP and limely EA agents read this forum so any suggestion that you are falsifying accounts will lead to an unhappy ending. Follow EA guidelines on preparing CDR.

Also, giving out your email address is never a wise idea - makes you a target of spambots.

srinivasan May 29th 2016 10:57 am

Hi Sparkles,

Thanks for removing my email id. Am not going to plagiarise and i never will, i just wanted to get an idea on how to write it. i searched for samples online but couldn't get an apt one.

Tr1boy May 29th 2016 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by srinivasan (Post 11958966)
Hi Sparkles,

Thanks for removing my email id. Am not going to plagiarise and i never will, i just wanted to get an idea on how to write it. i searched for samples online but couldn't get an apt one.

Do engineers ask for a sample of a bridge before they build one? ;)

srinivasan May 30th 2016 6:36 am

There are already lot of bridge samples available, they don't have to specifically ask for one

WCG May 30th 2016 6:52 am

Re: Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Hi Vaibhav,

Thank you for your reply. For some reason or the other I cannot personal msg you.
SO you can share on this email ID: <snip>

Thank you :)

christmasoompa May 30th 2016 8:57 am

Originally Posted by WCG (Post 11959483)
Hi Vaibhav,

Thank you for your reply. For some reason or the other I cannot personal msg you.
SO you can share on this email ID: <snip>

Thank you :)

Originally Posted by WCG (Post 11895685)
Dear Vaibhav,

Can you please share your CDR with me?
I am a chemical engineer but Im sure I can have an idea about how to write a good CDR

To all those asking Vaibhav for his CDR, please note that his post is from 2011! He's not been on the forum for ages, so you are unlikely to receive a response. You can check the date of a post on the left hand side to see how recent it is.

Please do also note that we ask you don't put your email address on the forum, people can easily email you via the forum if they wish, but if you put your email address on a public forum then it'll just get picked up by every spambot and weirdo out there.

Thx.

srinivasan Jun 8th 2016 5:49 am

Hi All,
Currently am writing my CPD for engineers Australia assessment, my under graduation is electronics and communication but i had work experience in IT as analyst for a year. So should i have to mention that in my CPD or should i not. Because i have written my all career episodes using my university projects and not any work experience

old.sparkles Jun 8th 2016 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by srinivasan (Post 11967869)
Hi All,
Currently am writing my CPD for engineers Australia assessment, my under graduation is electronics and communication but i had work experience in IT as analyst for a year. So should i have to mention that in my CPD or should i not. Because i have written my all career episodes using my university projects and not any work experience

I think you mean CDR but you only need to include relevant episodes to show you meet criteria.

eyadmohamed Oct 30th 2016 1:14 pm

hi all,
finally i will write my CDR as an electronics Engineer,
but i have a question: can i write my graduation project one of mention three projects
and if any electronic engineer can help me in writing CDR with his CDR as an example
thanks for your help

hami Nov 4th 2016 6:25 pm

Re: Engineers Australia Assessment

Assessment is good for 3 years

hami Nov 4th 2016 6:26 pm

if anybody wants samples of CDR, send me a message, I have some samples

Pollyana Nov 4th 2016 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by hami (Post 12095936)

A CDR is supposed to be one's own projects etc not someone else's.

old.sparkles Nov 5th 2016 12:59 am

Originally Posted by hami (Post 12095936)

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12096113)
A CDR is supposed to be one's own projects etc not someone else's.

And to add to that, make sure you are familiar with Engineers Australia's Code of Ethics