British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/engineers-australia-assessment-merged-threads-723685/)

simo123456 Jan 3rd 2013 9:27 am

Re: CDR for Engineers Australia

Originally Posted by vober (Post 9458160)
PM me your email id.I will give you a copy of my CDR. I got assessed as an "Electronics Engineer". But remember the CDR has to be your own work. Just try to check the format from mine and yes read all the instructions mentioned in the handbook throughly.

I just hope the moderators don't get offended with me sharing my CDR as a sample. :-)

Cheers
Vaibhav

hello Dear , kindly Can you send me a copy too !
<<snipped>>

Pollyana Jan 3rd 2013 10:12 am

Originally Posted by simo123456 (Post 10461464)
hello Dear , kindly Can you send me a copy too !
<<snipped>>

Hint for when you get to Aus - Use of Dear in this way is not appropriate

Please do not post email addresses on the forum. It attracts spammers. Also, a CDR should be your own work.

simo123456 Jan 3rd 2013 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 10461520)
Hint for when you get to Aus - Use of Dear in this way is not appropriate

Please do not post email addresses on the forum. It attracts spammers. Also, a CDR should be your own work.

Thank you for correction .

why not appropriated ? can you explain .

Pollyana Jan 3rd 2013 10:45 am

Originally Posted by simo123456 (Post 10461544)
Thank you for correction .

why not appropriated ? can you explain .

"Hello dear" is the sort of greeting you would use for a friend, family member etc. It is a familiar term, not something you use when addressing a stranger.

"Hello" or "Hi" would be fine.

simo123456 Jan 3rd 2013 10:52 am

Re: Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Ahh , thank you very much :)

angus13 Jan 3rd 2013 7:13 pm

hello all
I am Mechanical Engineer and at the moment I ma trying to write the CDR episodes so I would be grateful by anyone if he/she could give me any samples of any episodes just to take an idea about the format and generally have a clue about these episodes
Juts to inform yopu I will not have any intention to copy these episodes just to have an idea bout the format of the episodes
Please I beg you I would appreciate any help
send me a pm so I can send you back my email
thanks and Happy New Year

old.sparkles Jan 4th 2013 1:10 am

Originally Posted by angus13 (Post 10462442)
hello all
I am Mechanical Engineer and at the moment I ma trying to write the CDR episodes so I would be grateful by anyone if he/she could give me any samples of any episodes just to take an idea about the format and generally have a clue about these episodes
Juts to inform yopu I will not have any intention to copy these episodes just to have an idea bout the format of the episodes
Please I beg you I would appreciate any help
send me a pm so I can send you back my email
thanks and Happy New Year

If you have a read of the rest of this thread you'll find that the advice always given is to write your own episodes. There is advice on the EA website here

http://www.engineersaustralia.org.au...lls-assessment

Good luck

CJA Jan 11th 2013 3:44 pm

Hi,

I am in the process of writing my CDR (Civil Engineer). The thing is that during my 3 year career, I have worked in an interior fit-out company in Dubai after graduation for almost 2 years as a Civil Engineer. There I handled mostly management AND design of the interior projects like mosques and villas etc. Now my question is, can I use one of the projects I handled during that time as basis for one of the CDR episodes? The work I did was the interior design of the mosque, preparation of quotations and cost control of the project. Your advice is more than appreciated. I can provide you with the pdf of the work I did if that could help. Thanks in advance.

Igor1711 Jan 11th 2013 8:39 pm

Does anyone know where Systems and Control Engineers belong?
under electronics or electrical engineers? what is the best option for them to choose, because there are some elements from both occupations that could be found in the occupational descriptions?
...and as far as I know, occupation by the name "System and Control Engineer" could not be found in the SOL list.

thanks in advance

slapphead_otool Jan 12th 2013 3:47 am

I do find all of these "send me a copy of your Competency Demonstration Report" posts a little disconcerting and I am surprised the mods allow it.

Its meant to be your work in your words and sharing a CDR raises the temptation to simply cut and paste someone else's. Its like sharing assignments in university.

To be blunt if you can't write a CDR on your own then you probably aren't an engineer. :blink:

mrsgreenstar76 Jan 12th 2013 4:08 am

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool (Post 10478402)
I do find all of these "send me a copy of your Competency Demonstration Report" posts a little disconcerting and I am surprised the mods allow it.

Its meant to be your work in your words and sharing a CDR raises the temptation to simply cut and paste someone else's. Its like sharing assignments in university.

To be blunt if you can't write a CDR on your own then you probably aren't an engineer. :blink:

We don't. When we've seen them, we tell them to knock it off.

That being said, to posters asking for CDR "samples", please stop it. You are asking people on a forum, that have no idea who you are, to provide you with a sample of their work. There are unscrupulous people that would take that work & pass it off as their own. You may or may not do that, we have no idea. So to prevent people committing plagiarism, please do not ask others for CDR samples. You should know your own jobs well enough to write one yourself.

("You" in this case is general, not specific).

Pollyana Jan 12th 2013 8:07 am

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76 (Post 10478419)
We don't. When we've seen them, we tell them to knock it off.

That being said, to posters asking for CDR "samples", please stop it. You are asking people on a forum, that have no idea who you are, to provide you with a sample of their work. There are unscrupulous people that would take that work & pass it off as their own. You may or may not do that, we have no idea. So to prevent people committing plagiarism, please do not ask others for CDR samples. You should know your own jobs well enough to write one yourself.

("You" in this case is general, not specific).

To add to Mrsgreenstar's post.....this thread is for questions about the assessment process of EA. If it continues to be just a place for people to mutter about wanting CDRs to copy, it will be closed. As will any other threads asking the same.

There are sites out there which apparently offer help with CDRs. BE is not one of them. End of.

CJA Jan 13th 2013 11:39 pm

Hi again. I have completed one CDR episode so far. If anyone can guide me about my question, I can start working on the next one.

slapphead_otool Jan 13th 2013 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by CJA (Post 10481203)
Hi again. I have completed one CDR episode so far. If anyone can guide me about my question, I can start working on the next one.

Are you are asking if mosque interior decoration is part of the work of an Engineer?

CJA Jan 13th 2013 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool (Post 10481211)
Are you are asking if mosque interior decoration is part of the work of an Engineer?

No. I am asking if Cost Control and Project management can be used as the basis for a Career Episode. I will really appreciate if you go through my question again and guide me. Thanks