Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Old Aug 13th 2012, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

mariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Got positive assessment from EA for Electrical Engg . Took 103 days via CDR route.

Cheers!

Last edited by mariner; Aug 13th 2012 at 5:32 am.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 2:38 am
Just Joined

masud09 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mariner
Got positive assessment from EA for Electrical Engg . Took 103 days via CDR route.

Cheers!
Congratulations!
Old Aug 28th 2012, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

asifadam is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, if you wish to re-confirm what your consultant has done do the following:-
(a) Ask your consultant for the CID receipt. CID is sure proof of EA having received your docs. and payment. This will have the CID number to quote for correspondence with EA.
(b) Quote the CID and sent a mail to EA and ask for status. EA will promptly respond with status; but will also ask you to approach through the consultant.
(c) Lastly, if you do not trust your consultant, write to EA stating so and then you can deal directly. Forums such as this are there to help.

EA is now on 25 Apr. So, if your CID is dated 23 Apr the assessment should be completed by now.

Good Luck and Cheers!
hi
Thank you for the advise. I appreciate it alot. I got the EA assesment as telecom engineer... Now I will be applying for SA sponsorship.

regards
Asif Adam
Old Aug 28th 2012, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

erukus is an unknown quantity at this point

I am hoping to have my CDR completed by Monday. The current turnaround time indicated on the EA website is 15 weeks. What are the chances I will have a response in time to make an application by 01 Jan 13 for the 885 visa before it closes?
Old Aug 30th 2012, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

mariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by erukus
I am hoping to have my CDR completed by Monday. The current turnaround time indicated on the EA website is 15 weeks. What are the chances I will have a response in time to make an application by 01 Jan 13 for the 885 visa before it closes?
EA processing was just 6-8 weeks for Feb- Mar applicants and then increased to 15 wks for Apr-May. I guess it is again getting faster. So if you apply right now/early Sep the assessment would be there well in time for you.

Good Luck!
Old Aug 30th 2012, 10:35 am
Just Joined

EA processing was just 6-8 weeks for Feb- Mar applicants and then increased to 15 wks for Apr-May. I guess it is again getting faster. So if you apply right now/early Sep the assessment would be there well in time for you.

Good Luck!
i hope so...
Old Aug 30th 2012, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

erukus is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it says 15 weeks on their website, and when I called they said they were inundated and frantically trying to get through them as quickly as possible! Just wondering if the 15 weeks is definite or of it could be a bit earlier.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 11:53 am
Just Joined

derAl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everybody,

I've recently finished my CDR, which is read through at the moment by one of my native english speaking friends.

Now I've seen some example CDRs which are slightliy different in the layout.

In my report I refer to the competency elements at the footer of the respective page with a footnote which is nummerically marked, whereas the example CDR which I've seen refers to the element on the right edge of the page and the reffering section is framed.

Does anyone think this might be a problem? Actually my report has 70 pages and I don't want to go all over again and rework the whole thing.

Cheers

Al

Last edited by derAl; Aug 30th 2012 at 11:56 am.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 11:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by derAl
Hello everybody,

I've recently finished my CDR, which is read through at the moment by one of my native english speaking friends.

In my report I refer to the competency elements at the footer of the respective page with a footnote which is nummerically marked, whereas the example CDR which I've seen refers to the element on the right edge of the page and the reffering section is framed.

Does anyone think this might be a problem? Actually my report has 70 pages and I don't want to go all over again and rework the whole thing.

Cheers

Al
I have finished my CDR and it is total 18 pages.
In MSA booklet, section C says you can write maximum 2000 words in each episode

Thanks
Old Aug 30th 2012, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much for your reply masud09.

But thats not the answer to my question.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 12:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everybody,

Cheers

Al
Does it say in the instructions from the assessing body that it has to be laid out in that way? If not, then I can't see that it matters.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Hello Pollyana,

Thank you very much for your reasuring reply.

I have to admit, that I don't know the document by heart. But I can't remember that there had been any formating or layout restrictions except of the summary statement, which is provided as template.

In this case I think I will submit the document in format as it is right now.

Cheers

Al
Old Sep 1st 2012, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Hello everybody,

Cheers

Al
The competency requirements for EA assessment via the CDR route has changed slightly wef 01 Jul ( I had submitted pre 1st July). However, the basic requirements as per the MSA Booklet are :-

a) Each CER to have four parts -Introduction (50 Words) Background(200-500 words) Personal Engg Activity (500-1000 words) and summary (50-100 words) In total between 800 to 1650 words). So I think 70 pages would be quite lengthy.

b) Competency Element claimed is to be as per page 18 of the MSA Booklet given here http://www.engineersaustralia.org.au...nt_booklet.pdf

Hope this helps

Good Luck!
Old Nov 6th 2012, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

Perth-sunshine is an unknown quantity at this point

Have anyone had a CDR approved recently?

It seems like EA has been hitting a wall and the movement at the moment are very slow (more than the current 15 weeks that they state on their website and auto-email).
Old Dec 29th 2012, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

lalit.m is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by asifadam
hi
Thank you for the advise. I appreciate it alot. I got the EA assesment as telecom engineer... Now I will be applying for SA sponsorship.

regards
Asif Adam

Hi Asif.....congrtz for successful assessment. I hope by this time you would have got PR also.

I am also Telecom Network engineer and planing to apply for skill assessment at EA. But have some issue with CDR. So requesting you to help me in this case by providing sample CDR for telecom engineer. I hope you understand. My yahoo id is <Snip> Please do share ur experience and tips for processing skill assessment and PR.

TR//
Lalit

Last edited by Sue; Dec 29th 2012 at 8:00 pm. Reason: Please don't ask other members to email you regarding their migration experiences. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.