British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/engineers-australia-assessment-merged-threads-723685/)

prince_mhmd May 10th 2012 9:58 pm

Re: Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

@ sabedin
I think Engineers Australia because u want to be assessed as Telecommunications Engineer/Telecommunication Network Engineer. According to DIAC SOL for Skilled migration, the assessing authority for it is Engineers Australia.

Paul2O May 11th 2012 2:13 am

Originally Posted by sabedin
hi every one,
I have a big confusion...Please help me
I have a graduation degree on Computer Science and Information Technology which is not an engineering degree.. But I have experience as Telecommunication Engineer which should be assessed by Engineers Australia.
My question is who will assess my qualification ?? Engineers Australia or ACS??
please tell me how can I assess my qualification...

Abedin

Work experience will take precedent, so it is Enginneers Australia. You will need more work experience as degree and experience do not match.

sabedin May 11th 2012 8:10 am

thanks for your reply..but it is not EA..probably EA dont assess non-engineering degree

Paul2O May 11th 2012 8:45 am

Originally Posted by sabedin
thanks for your reply..but it is not EA..probably EA dont assess non-engineering degree

Really. Don't they have something like prior learning where they recognize experience in lieu of education?

mrsgreenstar76 May 11th 2012 9:53 am

Originally Posted by sabedin (Post 10054114)

Why ask the question if you've already decided the answer?

sabedin May 11th 2012 10:46 am

Why ask the question if you've already decided the answer?
not really decided..just got a reply from EA..seems they dont assess computer science related education as ACS is responsible for that..

mrsgreenstar76 May 11th 2012 10:49 am

Originally Posted by sabedin (Post 10054318)
not really decided..just got a reply from EA..seems they dont assess computer science related education as ACS is responsible for that..

Yes, but it's your experience that's the issue too. You'll be trying to get a nominated occupation based on your experience. So, if that is more engineering than computers, then you'll need to look more at EA. If EA are the body that assess for Telecommunication Engineer, then you don't really have much choice. If you want that profession, you'll need to be assessed by them.

Aus_NSS May 11th 2012 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by sabedin (Post 10053157)
hi every one,
I have a big confusion...Please help me
I have a graduation degree on Computer Science and Information Technology which is not an engineering degree.. But I have experience as Telecommunication Engineer which should be assessed by Engineers Australia.
My question is who will assess my qualification ?? Engineers Australia or ACS??
please tell me how can I assess my qualification...

Abedin

One of my friend who is also a Computer science graduate & worked as Switch engineer got his CDR assessed as Telecom Network Engineer from EA so i think it would be ok if you go for EA

Davesaint1 Jun 16th 2012 5:05 pm

Engineers Australia

Hi there, I was wondering if those who had delt with engineers Australia for their skills assessment could help me out.
In particular the "carrer episodes" I'm just a little lost as to where to start so any advice on contents etc would be great or better if someone could send me an example of one that would be great.

I am a trained aircraft engineer though the RAF if any other ex servicemen /women have any advice also that would be great. Thanks a lot

Dave

Davesaint1 Jun 16th 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Engineers Australia

Ease ignore that. The skill assessment is now done by Victoria university. As such I am in a similar problem with "employer statements"

Cheers

Amo_Alex Jul 24th 2012 9:09 am

Dear all,
As you already knew, the CDR Booklet is changed in July 2012 and new booklet applied new "units and elements of competency" for PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER which is quite far away from what it was before.
Hence, I would like to ask if anyone can refer me to a sample CDR written in respect to July 2012 booklet or at least a clear description of this new competency elements!?

Amo_Alex

mrsgreenstar76 Jul 24th 2012 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Amo_Alex (Post 10189637)
Dear all,
As you already knew, the CDR Booklet is changed in July 2012 and new booklet applied new "units and elements of competency" for PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER which is quite far away from what it was before.
Hence, I would like to ask if anyone can refer me to a sample CDR written in respect to July 2012 booklet or at least a clear description of this new competency elements!?

Amo_Alex

Welcome to the forum. :)

If you insist on wanting someone to provide you with a sample (why you would is beyond me, as you should know how to detail your own experience!), then try Googling it!

We will point people in the right directions on here, but we won't do the work for them.

Amo_Alex Jul 24th 2012 2:31 pm

Thanks for prompt reply

I reckon there is a misinterpreting here. I m asking for assist of experienced people to help me through my CDR by referring some relevant reading materials that can ease the process of comprehending "units and elements of competency" for July 2012 and it is all about understanding them in better way.

mrsgreenstar76 Jul 24th 2012 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Amo_Alex (Post 10190249)
Thanks for prompt reply

I reckon there is a misinterpreting here. I m asking for assist of experienced people to help me through my CDR by referring some relevant reading materials that can ease the process of comprehending "units and elements of competency" for July 2012 and it is all about understanding them in better way.

Ahh, okies. Fair enough. :thumbup:

Hopefully someone will be along shortly that will be able to point you in the right direction. :)

mariner Jul 25th 2012 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Amo_Alex (Post 10189637)
Dear all,

Amo_Alex

No significant changes in fact. Minor changes to the "units and competency elements' of course; but these have in fact made the writing part simpler than before. My suggestion would be to go through the points to be covered as given in the Booklet. Write a draft first, including all possible information in line with the guidelines and then fine tune it through iterations. You'll to surprised to find that it is not that difficult as it seems. Devote some serious time for it. Once again - just follow para 3.7 and 3.8 of Section C of the MSA Booklet religiously and you'll be fine.

Cheers!