British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/engineers-australia-assessment-merged-threads-723685/)

deelawar Apr 19th 2012 5:42 am

Re: Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

thanxx alot

karhonda Apr 20th 2012 6:59 am

Re: CDR for Engineers Australia

Originally Posted by vober (Post 9458160)
PM me your email id.I will give you a copy of my CDR. I got assessed as an "Electronics Engineer". But remember the CDR has to be your own work. Just try to check the format from mine and yes read all the instructions mentioned in the handbook throughly.

I just hope the moderators don't get offended with me sharing my CDR as a sample. :-)

Cheers
Vaibhav

Hi Vaibhav,

I am preparing my career episode, I am a electronic engineer. can you share your episode. It will be helpful for my preparation.

thanks,
Karthick

karhonda Apr 20th 2012 7:03 am

Re: CDR for Engineers Australia

Originally Posted by karhonda (Post 10016022)
Hi Vaibhav,

I am preparing my career episode, I am a electronic engineer. can you share your episode. It will be helpful for my preparation. My email id is karthickmurugan0(at)gmail(dot)com

thanks,
Karthick

I am preparing my career episode, I am a electronic engineer. can you share your episode. It will be helpful for my preparation. My email id is karthickmurugan0(at)gmail(dot)com

thanks,
Karthick

mariner Apr 24th 2012 7:44 am

Originally Posted by amitkrishnan1 (Post 9981891)
hello All

Today(30/03/2012), I got my sucessfull confirmation on CDR assessment, My occupation and bachelors degree have been assessed and classified in ANZSCO 233512 - mechanical Engineer (level- 1).

Well, Thanks for all you support.

my major concern is, I have not done Relevant Skilled Employment, but the letter i received, clearly defines my competencies in conjunction with my qualification.

Please advice, do i have to do relevant skilled employment or esle shall i submit my GSM - Skilled - Independent (Migrant) visa (subclass 175).

Regards,

Amit

(CDR reached Engineers Australia on 9th March, Payment debited - 13th March, 16th March Points awarded - Mechanical Engineer - ANZSCO -233512)

From what I have understood, Relevant Skill Employment Assessment by EA is absolutely essential if DIAC is to consider you for points against work experience. The fees for this is A$ 200 as against A$150 if done along with Qualification Assessment.

Good Luck!

borntobeaussie May 7th 2012 7:57 am

Hi, is there anyone who applied in mid april and expecting an assessment before June, 30th or am I the only fool around here :-(

amitkrishnan1 May 7th 2012 9:40 am

Originally Posted by borntobeaussie (Post 10045430)
Hi, is there anyone who applied in mid april and expecting an assessment before June, 30th or am I the only fool around here :-(

Hi there...
well even i have applied for skill Employment assessment on first week of April, where as my qualification assessment has been done. Nothing to worry, most probably, you will be getting by this month end. If not, you can attach the engineers Australia payment receipt, highlighting your CID number and send it to DIAC, along with your form.

Most probably, they will accept it.

borntobeaussie May 8th 2012 12:42 am

Two questions:
1) By qualification assessment, you mean just the BTECH/BE degree and no assessment of the work experience? Have you already done that from EA? How long did that take?
2) I have never heard that you can provide ur receipt while applying to DIAC before ur actually assessment is complete...Are you sure there is such a provision?

Originally Posted by amitkrishnan1 (Post 10045590)
Hi there...
well even i have applied for skill Employment assessment on first week of April, where as my qualification assessment has been done. Nothing to worry, most probably, you will be getting by this month end. If not, you can attach the engineers Australia payment receipt, highlighting your CID number and send it to DIAC, along with your form.

Most probably, they will accept it.

borntobeaussie May 8th 2012 12:44 am

Hey,
Did you send the CDR for the assessment of only the qualification and not the exp? I think for exp assessment, you need to send $150 extra?
MY question is, does EA have a separate timeline for this as your assessment was super quick. I know that EA is still dealing with applications received on 1st March at the present time.

Originally Posted by amitkrishnan1 (Post 9981891)
hello All

Today(30/03/2012), I got my sucessfull confirmation on CDR assessment, My occupation and bachelors degree have been assessed and classified in ANZSCO 233512 - mechanical Engineer (level- 1).

Well, Thanks for all you support.

my major concern is, I have not done Relevant Skilled Employment, but the letter i received, clearly defines my competencies in conjunction with my qualification.

Please advice, do i have to do relevant skilled employment or esle shall i submit my GSM - Skilled - Independent (Migrant) visa (subclass 175).

Regards,

Amit

(CDR reached Engineers Australia on 9th March, Payment debited - 13th March, 16th March Points awarded - Mechanical Engineer - ANZSCO -233512)

joojay May 8th 2012 4:38 am

Originally Posted by borntobeaussie (Post 10047077)
Two questions:
1) By qualification assessment, you mean just the BTECH/BE degree and no assessment of the work experience? Have you already done that from EA? How long did that take?
2) I have never heard that you can provide ur receipt while applying to DIAC before ur actually assessment is complete...Are you sure there is such a provision?

There is NO such provision AT ALL. If you dont submit successful skill assessment AT THE TIME of lodging application, your application would be treated as invalid. And you would not know until you are assigned a CO, so atleast 7-8 months will be wasted/
The basic eligibility HAS TO BE COMPLETE BEFORE lodging.(age, IELTS, Skill assessment, recent work/study)
What the person above has suggested is wrong, and if you do that .. you will end up in a lot of trouble.

borntobeaussie May 8th 2012 4:43 am

Ya I think I read somewhere that even if u have a successful skill assessment, if the date of the skill assessment letter is before the date of ur PR application, your application will be rejected upfront.

Originally Posted by joojay (Post 10047303)
There is NO such provision AT ALL. If you dont submite successful skill assessment AT THE TIME of lodging application, your application would be treated as invalid. And you would not know until you are assigned a CO, so atleast 7-8 months will be wasted/
The basic eligibility HAS TO BE COMPLETE BEFORE lodging.
What the person above has suggested is wrong, and if you do that .. you will end up in a lot of trouble.

beeceejoh May 10th 2012 3:03 am

Hello everyone,

I need a quick clarification. I hold an HND in Electrical/Electronics Engineering(Telecomms) with over 7yrs Telecomms experience. I'm in the process of preparing my CDR for assessment. I'm a bit confuse on under which category should I prepare my CDR,(Professional Engineer,Engineering Technologist or Engineering Associate)? And if I eventually choose a path, is it possible to work in other categories i didn't choose?

Thanks

mariner May 10th 2012 10:07 am

Originally Posted by beeceejoh (Post 10051726)
Hello everyone,

I need a quick clarification. I hold an HND in Electrical/Electronics Engineering(Telecomms) with over 7yrs Telecomms experience. I'm in the process of preparing my CDR for assessment. I'm a bit confuse on under which category should I prepare my CDR,(Professional Engineer,Engineering Technologist or Engineering Associate)? And if I eventually choose a path, is it possible to work in other categories i didn't choose?

Thanks

Please check out the ABS site http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]%201 and give a search as per the ANZSCO codes. The details can be found there. Coming to your next question- yes, once you have got a PR visa you can take up any job.

sabedin May 10th 2012 6:14 pm

hi every one,
I have a big confusion...Please help me
I have a graduation degree on Computer Science and Information Technology which is not an engineering degree.. But I have experience as Telecommunication Engineer which should be assessed by Engineers Australia.
My question is who will assess my qualification ?? Engineers Australia or ACS??
please tell me how can I assess my qualification...

Abedin

prince_mhmd May 10th 2012 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by sabedin (Post 10053157)
hi every one,
I have a graduation degree on Computer Science and Information Technology which is not an engineering degree.. But I have experience as Telecommunication Engineer which should be assessed by Engineers Australia.

Abedin

I think "Engineers Australia" because you want to be assessed as Telecommunications Engineer/Telecommunication network Engineer.
Coz According to DIAC SOL for Skilled Migration, The assessing authority for it is Engineers Australia.

prince_mhmd May 10th 2012 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by sabedin (Post 10053157)
hi every one,

Abedin

I think Engineers Australia because u want to be assessed as Telecommunications Engineer/Telecommunication Network Engineer. According to DIAC SOL for Skilled migration, the assessing authority for it is Engineers Australia.