Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Old Apr 8th 2012, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

Maham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Originally Posted by Aus_NSS
Hi ALL

i need some clarification i have already submitted my application to DIAC but during doing my CDR processing i havent applied for "Relevant Skilled Employment" but i do need my experience of 5 yrs to pass VISA 175 point test.

is "Relevant Skilled Employment" skill assessment is must for me i am EEE working in a telecom operator for 5 yrs. please advice regarding this

Thanks
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ls-skilled.pdf
please see this link for the detailed information on importance of relevant skilled employment. An extract from the same link for your quick reference:

"If an applicant wants to claim points for their skilled employment the department recommends
that they obtain advice on their claims from the relevant assessing authority. As assessing
authorities hold the expert knowledge on the skills required to undertake tasks and duties
performed at a skilled level for an occupation, this approach is designed to provide advice
about an applicant’s claims for consideration by the department. Applicants should request
the relevant assessing authority provide explicit advice on their skilled employment for the
purpose of claiming points, when they apply for a skills assessment."
Old Apr 8th 2012, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

Aus_NSS will become famous soon enough

Thx Maham, actually despite the recommendation of DIAC to obtain skill assessment, two of my friend already got VISA 475 without any skill assessment............anyone here who got a VISA 175 without skill assessment
Old Apr 8th 2012, 9:29 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Thx Maham, actually despite the recommendation of DIAC to obtain skill assessment, two of my friend already got VISA 475 without any skill assessment............anyone here who got a VISA 175 without skill assessment
I'm sorry, but that is nonsense. You cannot get a 475 without a valid skills assessment. You must have it at the time of application.

You must obtain a positive skills assessment before you lodge your application for this visa. This is an evaluation of your qualifications to make sure that you are sufficiently qualified for your nominated occupation.
Neither can you get the 175 without a positive skills assessment at the time of application.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 8:08 am
Just Joined

vsainani is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Need an advice pl...

I got the receipt from EA confirming payment against CDR assessment. Also received a shortcomings letter from them. ( Feb 2012)

As i was preparing for the shortcomings against my CDR to be completed and sent to them...received a letter (Apr 2012) from them saying their bank has advised them that they can't access the Credit card through the credit card system and i need to send the payment again to them...

Wrote an email to EA.....how a receipt can be generated and sent and afetr 1.5 months a letter from them saying can't receive payment...but till date NO RESPONSE.

This happened to me 13 months back as the payment both the times was done on my behalf by an appointed agent....( No Longer my agent though...)

Have asked the agent to return the money...which is again a hanging case and lots of follow ups required....

Can anyone advise...whats the charging and receipt issual system adopted by the assessing dept like EA in australia ?

This is causing a lots of confusion and time wastage.....and a doubt that this may again happen now if I do a fresh payment against the old CID number ?

Regards,
Old Apr 9th 2012, 10:19 am
chapkenv

chapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nice
Default Re:financial transcn

Was there any record of the transaction on your credit card statement - who did you give the CC information to ? Was it mentioned on the CDR application form that you need to sign and date....

IF the payment did not go through, there will NOT be a charge on your CC statement....however, IF there was a charge, you need to call the card's customer service dept. to make sure the fee payment got routed correctly ( for instance, what was the name of the billing agency? ) was it EA or some third party used by the Agent...

If the assessment is as important to you as it is to most people, I would send in a paper-form of payment such as a draft drawn on an AUS bank from a bank in my country...unfortunately intenational CC transactions can get very complicated....

and obvioussly your case is even more complex, because if a re-assessment was done EA might need another additional fee payment...you can try and have the Agent call them for specifics, but as with most GOvt. organisations, you will be better off sending a paper mail to elicit a response -

i think the tone of your business letter matters because you might have ticked them off when you wrote the earlier letter after they instructed you for shortcomings and the card was declined during a re-assessment fee charge...

Last edited by chapkenv; Apr 9th 2012 at 10:32 am.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

vsainani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: financial transcn

Originally Posted by chapkenv
Was there any record of the transaction on your credit card statement - who did you give the CC information to ? Was it mentioned on the CDR application form that you need to sign and date....

IF the payment did not go through, there will NOT be a charge on your CC statement....however, IF there was a charge, you need to call the card's customer service dept. to make sure the fee payment got routed correctly ( for instance, what was the name of the billing agency? ) was it EA or some third party used by the Agent...

If the assessment is as important to you as it is to most people, I would send in a paper-form of payment such as a draft drawn on an AUS bank from a bank in my country...unfortunately intenational CC transactions can get very complicated....

and obvioussly your case is even more complex, because if a re-assessment was done EA might need another additional fee payment...you can try and have the Agent call them for specifics, but as with most GOvt. organisations, you will be better off sending a paper mail to elicit a response -

i think the tone of your business letter matters because you might have ticked them off when you wrote the earlier letter after they instructed you for shortcomings and the card was declined during a re-assessment fee charge...
Hi,

The transaction was done by the agent using his own credit card (in CDR Form with all his details, sign and date..) whilst i paid the AUD to him in cash.

As rightly said it is important to get the assessment done....question is whether I shld pay as per EA's letter through my credit card directly now (diff card with a sureity of sufficient funds..) on the same CID number.

Do I run a risk of not getting the application re-assessed and losing out the fee ?

Should I withdraw my file and send for fresh assessment (droping my current CID number..) ?

rgds
Old Apr 10th 2012, 5:06 am
chapkenv

chapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nice
Lightbulb Re:CID will never change

CID is uniquely assigned to your file by EA, no need to withdraw your current CDR application!

you should copy your agent on the email correspondence that you received;
maybe he can use his CC again for the re-assessment fee payment...?

who knows if your foreign CC will work? another better option is to send EA a bank DD drawn on Australian Bank in AUD currency (which is what i did) with a cover letter + latest email conversation print out + and the miscellaneous services application form (mentioning your name/ CID etc) that is avlbl on their website -

this way, there is no chance of your application getting lost, which almost never happens?!
make sure you send it by regd. post, if you don't want to spend on courier charges - bon chance

Last edited by chapkenv; Apr 10th 2012 at 5:11 am.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
I'm sorry, but that is nonsense. You cannot get a 475 without a valid skills assessment. You must have it at the time of application.

Neither can you get the 175 without a positive skills assessment at the time of application.
Ops! sorry guyes i was suppose to write "without any relative skill employment assessment......"

Did u paid 150 AUD and assessed it while assessing ur CDR?
Old Apr 11th 2012, 2:24 pm

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Ops! sorry guyes i was suppose to write "without any relative skill employment assessment......"

Did u paid 150 AUD and assessed it while assessing ur CDR?
That's supposed to mean what exactly?

Your post seems to hint at that a skills assessment isn't necessary (your post isn't clear). A skills assessment is necessary.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tooz2012
skilled employment assessment by EngAust is optional. If you have not already done it, don't loose any more time and directly apply to DIAC. Even if EngAust says you have the skilled employment, DIAC has the final say.
Thx i was looking for this information as i didnt notice about relative skilled employment while applying for CDR
Old Apr 14th 2012, 9:20 am
Just Joined

deelawar is an unknown quantity at this point

I need help related to CDR specially career episodes....i did electronics engineering and have experience of 1 year in computer networks,1 year in GSM core (NSS) and 3 years (latest) in Aviation Electronics(Avionics).....thanx in advance.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

asifadam is an unknown quantity at this point

hi every one
where can i get job description for telecom engineer or telecom network engineer.. i am confused which code to use.... i have 6 years experience in telecom operator company and stayed in different departments during these years...
regards
Old Apr 14th 2012, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by asifadam
hi every one
where can i get job description for telecom engineer or telecom network engineer.. i am confused which code to use.... i have 6 years experience in telecom operator company and stayed in different departments during these years...
regards
Go to the search bar on the DIAC website, input the code & hit search. As pointed out to you in the other thread. There's no need to repeat questions over multiple threads.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

asifadam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Go to the search bar on the DIAC website, input the code & hit search. As pointed out to you in the other thread. There's no need to repeat questions over multiple threads.
ok thanks.......
Old Apr 19th 2012, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

mariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by deelawar
I need help related to CDR specially career episodes....i did electronics engineering and have experience of 1 year in computer networks,1 year in GSM core (NSS) and 3 years (latest) in Aviation Electronics(Avionics).....thanx in advance.
You seem to have enough work experience to create three good CERs. A lot of templates are available in the net. Just give a random search. Examples of CERs are also available on the EA website in the " Pathways to Chartered Status". Finally please remember that it needs to be your own work.

good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.