British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Endometriosis in medical of 189 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/endometriosis-medical-189-a-873808/)

Ghazi786 Mar 5th 2016 4:39 pm

Endometriosis in medical of 189

hi ,

i m currently planning for medical of 189 , my spouse had endometriosis previously and was treated in 2011 ... shall i show this as major operation in online medical form filling ... and shall i specify this during exam ... are there cahnces that visa not granted ?

Urgent help required please.

Pulaski Mar 5th 2016 5:01 pm

Re: Endometriosis in medical of 189

Endometriosis is a serious complaint with potentially life-changing consequences, but is neither in any way contagious nor a life threatening condition, so I wouldn't consider it to be "major", though it is probably disclosable, depending on exactly what the question asks.

Ghazi786 Mar 5th 2016 6:16 pm

thnx pulaski ... question in online application is " PROLONGED MEDICAL TREATMENT AND/OR REPEATED HOSPITAL ADMISSIONS FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING MAJOR OPERATION OR PHYSACRTIC ILLNESS" ..... will we be able to get 189 is disclose it to doc in this question and in person when we go for appointment ? is it really important to mention ?

Pulaski Mar 5th 2016 6:24 pm

Disclose it, but keep it brief. I can't imagine how it could be an issue with it being neither contagious nor life-threatening, so disclosing it as "treatment for endometriosis" should be sufficient, maybe adding a note of the treatment, such as ", including day surgery".

Ghazi786 Mar 5th 2016 6:28 pm

no i heard that they check how much they will have to spend on u if migration is granted and endometriosis has chances of happening again i believe ...

Pollyana Mar 5th 2016 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Ghazi786 (Post 11887185)
thnx pulaski ... question in online application is " PROLONGED MEDICAL TREATMENT AND/OR REPEATED HOSPITAL ADMISSIONS FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING MAJOR OPERATION OR PHYSACRTIC ILLNESS" ..... will we be able to get 189 is disclose it to doc in this question and in person when we go for appointment ? is it really important to mention ?

Yes, you should mention it. You shouldn't lie on the medical form as it could have serious consequences.
However, the condition having been treated a few years ago it is extremely unlikely to have any impact on the visa. Even if it does recur its not an expensive condition, in migration eyes.
You are more likely to be refused a visa if you lie about it.

Pulaski Mar 5th 2016 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Ghazi786 (Post 11887190)
no i heard that they check how much they will have to spend on u if migration is granted and endometriosis has chances of happening again i believe ...

As far as I know it is more or less "incurable", it can be abated/reduced, but it is usually just something "that you have", and it is likely that many women have it and don't even realise.

Ghazi786 Mar 5th 2016 6:36 pm

hi thnx pollyana ... i am truthfull in all details provided till now nd want to b truthfull here too ... reason for asking was that i was v confused how to approach this situation ... thnx for ur suggestion ... :)

Pollyana Mar 5th 2016 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Ghazi786 (Post 11887197)
hi thnx pollyana ... i am truthfull in all details provided till now nd want to b truthfull here too ... reason for asking was that i was v confused how to approach this situation ... thnx for ur suggestion ... :)

Just be honest about it. Visas get refused for really costly medical conditions, and while not wishing to offend, this is a relatively common condition, and inexpensive to treat. Put it on the form and it may not given get mentioned at the actual medical :)

Ghazi786 Mar 5th 2016 6:49 pm

thnx alot :) really appreciate ur support :)

DML Mar 5th 2016 11:14 pm

As a doctor I would be very surprised if endometriosis on its own was a reason to decline a visa.

Scotty1 Mar 5th 2016 11:57 pm

I declared this condition on my medical many years ago - no problems at all and was not referred for any further reports

Ghazi786 Mar 6th 2016 10:14 am

thnx alor dml and scotty ... u guys are really helpful ... without this community i would have been lost in an ocean of confusions ... :D

BEVS Mar 10th 2016 2:57 am

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 11887188)
Disclose it, but keep it brief. I can't imagine how it could be an issue with it being neither contagious nor life-threatening, so disclosing it as "treatment for endometriosis" should be sufficient, maybe adding a note of the treatment, such as ", including day surgery".

If I may just point out something here for anyone else looking in.

What Aussie and New Zealand Immy sets is a 'health standard requirement'. It is not only to protect the well being of the respective country's citizens and residents, it is also to protect it's health service & resources financially to ensure that there is no undue burden placed on services.

A condition may not be contagious or life threatening but could still be deemed to not meet the requirements because of the possible or likely projected medical cost to the country. The same goes for learning & education.

Please note here, that I am in New Zealand and so my familiarity with Immigration Policy is for NZ, not Australia. However, the approach to Immy policy will be very similar.

Contained endometriosis is unlikely to exceed the cost limit. Even if there will need to be an operation in the future to help the condition, it is highly unlikely to be a financial ongoing burden to the country as a whole & therefore should not cause issues.

As Poll & others have pointed out, one should declare 'conditions' on the medical forms. Being truthful is the key.

Your wife has my complete and utter sympathy Ghazi786. I spent a good couple of decades with this very debilitating and painful condition . Took mighty pain killers that only dulled the pain and had several procedures to try to help. Age has thankfully freed me from it finally.

I declared the condition on my New Zealand medical form and there was no problem at all. I'm now an NZ citizen.

All the best and let us know how you get on.

spouse of scouse Mar 10th 2016 6:26 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 11891195)

Your wife has my complete and utter sympathy Ghazi786. I spent a good couple of decades with this very debilitating and painful condition . Took mighty pain killers that only dulled the pain and had several procedures to try to help. Age has thankfully freed me from it finally.

I declared the condition on my New Zealand medical form and there was no problem at all. I'm now an NZ citizen.

All the best and let us know how you get on.

:heart: