Wikiposts

End of quota - all Visas or just some??

Old Jun 14th 2005, 1:15 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default End of quota - all Visas or just some??

So much about end of quota for visa grants until July....

Is it all Visas or just some??

I'm 136 SI MODL

Thanks cas
Old Jun 14th 2005, 1:25 am
Off to Perth in early Oct

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: End of quota - all Visas or just some??

I have a feeling that this is just a rumour at the moment, and that nobody has had it confirmed.

I think the rumour may also have been fueled by the fact that there have not been many grants over the past few weeks due to COs being reallocated to clear the pre-July 2004 backlog.

If anyone knows anything different, please let us know, and tell where the info has come from.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 1:30 am
Karma to make me calmer!

Tops has a spectacular aura aboutTops has a spectacular aura aboutTops has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by youcanlaugh
I have a feeling that this is just a rumour at the moment, and that nobody has had it confirmed.

I think the rumour may also have been fueled by the fact that there have not been many grants over the past few weeks due to COs being reallocated to clear the pre-July 2004 backlog.

If anyone knows anything different, please let us know, and tell where the info has come from.
Would they still be asking for PCCs and Meds if the quota has ben filled?

I ask this as I have still seen these request coming through. So if the answer is no, then it could just be a reduction in the resouces assigned to processing the applicaitons then rather the quota being reached as to why there has been a slow down.

Maybe is is just coinsicdence that June is the quota cut-off and there are staff helping pre-jul '04 applicants that makes it seem they have run out of visas for 2004/2005.

I have a feeling that this is the case...

T.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 1:44 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

It is just a rumour, no one knows for certain.

I am also of the opinion that concentrating on the pre-July 2004 apps is what the hold up is rather than no visas, but as I said, no one knows for certain.

July is only a couple of weeks away anyway, so not too much longer hopefully
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:11 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Our agent is supposed to be sending our application off as I speak/type! Should I be asking her to hold to it for another 2 weeks?
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:14 am
Karma to make me calmer!

Tops has a spectacular aura aboutTops has a spectacular aura aboutTops has a spectacular aura about
Wink Re: End of quota - all Visas or just some??

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Our agent is supposed to be sending our application off as I speak/type! Should I be asking her to hold to it for another 2 weeks?
My understanding it will just join the queue whenever it gets there and that it will make no difference if you wait 2 weeks. Expect that you may be stuck behind the other applicants that do send in from now to July....

My advice is to send it in as soon as possible. At the end of the day dont let some rumours being passed around by us sad folk burning time sending specultavie messages on this forum influence your life changing decsions. ;-)

Hope this helps.

T
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:17 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

I would suggest not......we don't know for sure about whether this is rumour or not........maybe Alan or George could possibly enlighten us, if they would be so kind?

In the meantime we need to continue as normal - get the application sent off.

My 136 should have been the simplest out - I'm a nurse here in Aus on a 457, but I've just had a hiccup (husband had to have more meds to reach PR criteria - even though all done supposedly)

What I'm saying is that you could face hold-ups and slowness without slowing things up yourself.

Good luck

Cas
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:17 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Tops
My understanding it will just join the queue whenever it gets there and that it will make no difference if you wait 2 weeks. Expect that you may be stuck behind the other applicants that do send in from now to July....

My advice is to send it in as soon as possible. At the end of the day dont let some rumours being passed around by us sad folk burning time sending specultavie messages on this forum influence your life changing decsions. ;-)

Hope this helps.

T
Thanks for that. I'll tell her to RUN to the post man!!
Old Jun 14th 2005, 4:08 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I would suggest not......we don't know for sure about whether this is rumour or not........maybe Alan or George could possibly enlighten us, if they would be so kind?

In the meantime we need to continue as normal - get the application sent off.

My 136 should have been the simplest out - I'm a nurse here in Aus on a 457, but I've just had a hiccup (husband had to have more meds to reach PR criteria - even though all done supposedly)

What I'm saying is that you could face hold-ups and slowness without slowing things up yourself.

Good luck

Cas
My agent reckoned that 136 visas would be ok in terms of quota but others may not be so lucky - but she would say that seeing as I'm waiting on a 136 visa as well
Any how its now only 2 weeks till July so whatever .........
Gillian
Old Jun 14th 2005, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

ahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sme
My agent reckoned that 136 visas would be ok in terms of quota but others may not be so lucky - but she would say that seeing as I'm waiting on a 136 visa as well
Any how its now only 2 weeks till July so whatever .........
Gillian
i'm pre july, march 2004 in fact and i am still waiting and completely fed up with it. had email a week ago saying i 'would be contacted in 2 - 3 weeks'. its painful.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 6:37 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ahoy
i'm pre july, march 2004 in fact and i am still waiting and completely fed up with it. had email a week ago saying i 'would be contacted in 2 - 3 weeks'. its painful.
I bet it is, I'm bad enough now and it's only been 10 weeks, let alone all those months you've waited!

Here's hoping you'll be first in the Q come 1st July
Old Jun 14th 2005, 10:25 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ahoy
It puts it into context for me when I realise how long most people have to wait - sorry for being so impatient
Gillian
Old Jun 14th 2005, 12:31 pm
Grateful

yinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Tops
Would they still be asking for PCCs and Meds if the quota has ben filled?

I ask this as I have still seen these request coming through. So if the answer is no, then it could just be a reduction in the resouces assigned to processing the applicaitons then rather the quota being reached as to why there has been a slow down.

Maybe is is just coinsicdence that June is the quota cut-off and there are staff helping pre-jul '04 applicants that makes it seem they have run out of visas for 2004/2005.

I have a feeling that this is the case...

T.
Looks like they still do request for meds/pccs even if the quota has been filled.

What happens to applications already lodged when the cap is reached?

Once the limit or cap has been reached, no further visas will be granted in that visa class in the Program Year.

Even though a visa cannot be granted, processing of applications continues, so that applicants who meet requirements can continue to be placed in a queue.

source: http://www.immi.gov.au/facts/21managing.htm
Old Jun 14th 2005, 9:02 pm
Karma to make me calmer!

Originally Posted by yinwong
Looks like they still do request for meds/pccs even if the quota has been filled.

What happens to applications already lodged when the cap is reached?

Once the limit or cap has been reached, no further visas will be granted in that visa class in the Program Year.

Even though a visa cannot be granted, processing of applications continues, so that applicants who meet requirements can continue to be placed in a queue.

source: http://www.immi.gov.au/facts/21managing.htm
Kind of good news....

There are still trickling through, "johnr" in the UK got the Meds & Police requests after 3 months 8 days after application.

http://www.austimeline.com/austime/a...pp.jsp?id=2278

The candle of hope as not completly died, just when we think DIMIA have gone to sleep until July, there is a little stir to keep us going....

T.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 9:17 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget that DIMIA fees tend to step up in line with the CPI on the 1st of July each year => best to either send in the application so it arrives on or before the 30th of June.

Best regards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.