Employment Check- BY DIAC

Old Feb 27th 2009, 1:07 pm
  #1  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
helloshivahere's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,283
helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future
Default Employment Check- BY DIAC

Hi Guys

After reading somewhere in the forum DIAC will verify the employment details what we provided.

Presently I am working Zambia. If they called or send an email to my employer no problem at all

But before that I was worked in Some other African countries I dont know who are all and who are all left u know african expats move mostly every year. I provided my bank statement as evidance for my salary deposit
and passport pages for my VISA evidence

Any idea plz. I hope they will only contact recent employer otherwise
helloshivahere is offline  
Old Feb 27th 2009, 7:26 pm
  #2  
June'08 applicant
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 236
sandy81 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Employment Check- BY DIAC

Originally Posted by helloshivahere View Post
Hi Guys

After reading somewhere in the forum DIAC will verify the employment details what we provided.

Presently I am working Zambia. If they called or send an email to my employer no problem at all

But before that I was worked in Some other African countries I dont know who are all and who are all left u know african expats move mostly every year. I provided my bank statement as evidance for my salary deposit
and passport pages for my VISA evidence

Any idea plz. I hope they will only contact recent employer otherwise

Since you have given bank statements, they should be fine ... eventhough if DIAC wants to do verification, they will do it mostly by telephonic call...and if they find something doubtful then DIAC will need written clarification in a matter of 20 days.... so make sure that you get all communication from your agent right on time so that you can answer DIAC.... It is your agent's responsibility to forward DIAC's communication promptly.
sandy81 is offline  
Old Feb 27th 2009, 7:43 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 121
3zooz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Employment Check- BY DIAC

Originally Posted by sandy81 View Post
Since you have given bank statements, they should be fine ... eventhough if DIAC wants to do verification, they will do it mostly by telephonic call...and if they find something doubtful then DIAC will need written clarification in a matter of 20 days.... so make sure that you get all communication from your agent right on time so that you can answer DIAC.... It is your agent's responsibility to forward DIAC's communication promptly.
sandy81,

What do u mean by a written clarification ???
I have a problem . If my current employer know about my immigration procedure (that I will leave work ) , he might put obstacles in my way and not answer DIAC properly if they call , hope u understand what I mean ?? what do u advise me to do then ??

I have attached a bank transactions report indicating my salary deposit each months , Medical insurance card provided by employer and my residence permit as I work in a foreign country .

Cheers
3zooz is offline  
Old Feb 27th 2009, 7:54 pm
  #4  
June'08 applicant
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 236
sandy81 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Employment Check- BY DIAC

Originally Posted by 3zooz View Post
sandy81,

What do u mean by a written clarification ???
I have a problem . If my current employer know about my immigration procedure (that I will leave work ) , he might put obstacles in my way and not answer DIAC properly if they call , hope u understand what I mean ?? what do u advise me to do then ??

I have attached a bank transactions report indicating my salary deposit each months , Medical insurance card provided by employer and my residence permit as I work in a foreign country .

Cheers
written clarification from you ... not from your employer, that is what I knew from one of my friend. Since you have all strong documents, i think DIAC will be okay with that .. but u never know .. so be alert always.
sandy81 is offline  
Old Feb 28th 2009, 12:16 am
  #5  
Newlywed
 
Dorothy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 28,934
Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employment Check- BY DIAC

DIAC sometimes does physical checks of employment. By that I mean that a person from the Australian embassy or an agent employed by DIAC will come to your workplace or former workplace to verify your employment claims. They may or may not speak to the person who wrote your reference. Sometimes they come as a customer - I have heard of this for hairdressers - and other times they visit and ask general questions about you. Sometimes they will also ask adjacent shopkeepers if you work at xyz.

Simply having bank statements doesn't sound to me like enough evidence of your work experience. Only that you get money from that source. It does not prove that you actually do the work that you are claiming to do. That is why DIAC do the employment verifications. And yes, they will ask you to clarify if they are not satisfied with an answer given unless it's a blatant case of misrepresentation. (I remember someone on another forum I used to frequent was turned down as a hairdresser from India because when the person from the embassy showed up at the 'salon' there were no sinks for hair washing or any other evidence that it was in fact a hair salon at all.)
Dorothy is offline  
Old Feb 28th 2009, 3:56 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: ....hope to OZ
Posts: 157
Roni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Employment Check- BY DIAC

Originally Posted by helloshivahere View Post
Hi Guys

After reading somewhere in the forum DIAC will verify the employment details what we provided.

Presently I am working Zambia. If they called or send an email to my employer no problem at all

But before that I was worked in Some other African countries I dont know who are all and who are all left u know african expats move mostly every year. I provided my bank statement as evidance for my salary deposit
and passport pages for my VISA evidence

Any idea plz. I hope they will only contact recent employer otherwise
DIAC have all the right to control the information you have provided and specially if you claim work experience points -3 years back employers.So do as is necesarry to send them evidence from that jobs and try the contact witch give you reference letter to be valid! If the firm doesn't exist any more- send some evidence from some state authority.
Roni is offline  
Old Feb 28th 2009, 5:38 am
  #7  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
helloshivahere's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,283
helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future
Default Re: Employment Check- BY DIAC

Thanks for all of your replies. A right question it must be I have worked in DR.Congo where no body speaks english and there is no land lines. No post will reach them except DHL. What DIAC will do in that case? And I am aware from there I travelled another country to write even IELTS exam. Now there is civil war too

Recent employment in Zambia no prob I am here to read mail or I can sortout any issue

Some of them got a visa even with out notification of case officer on the grounds of documents

May be my VISA and Bank statement is enough let c
helloshivahere is offline  
Old Feb 28th 2009, 8:47 am
  #8  
Newlywed
 
Dorothy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 28,934
Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employment Check- BY DIAC

Originally Posted by helloshivahere View Post
Thanks for all of your replies. A right question it must be I have worked in DR.Congo where no body speaks english and there is no land lines. No post will reach them except DHL. What DIAC will do in that case? And I am aware from there I travelled another country to write even IELTS exam. Now there is civil war too

Recent employment in Zambia no prob I am here to read mail or I can sortout any issue

Some of them got a visa even with out notification of case officer on the grounds of documents

May be my VISA and Bank statement is enough let c
It doesn't matter that they don't speak English. Or that mail doesn't get to them regularly. There must be someone who is able to verify your employment status. After all, if you worked in a skilled occupation there must be some sort of civilisation.

The basic fact is that if DIAC is unsure of your claim of recent or relevant work experience they can and probably will do checks. If the information they receive is not satisfactory they will give you a chance to explain and provide them with the information.
Dorothy is offline  
Old Feb 28th 2009, 8:59 am
  #9  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
helloshivahere's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,283
helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future
Default Re: Employment Check- BY DIAC

Thanks really. Sure there is civilisation & huge demand for Accountant in Africa too

By the way I provide all details and evidence for my employment. Thanks lot for mod come f/wd to answer this

long way to go
helloshivahere is offline  
Old May 31st 2009, 5:02 pm
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 190
water man will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Employment Check- BY DIAC

Originally Posted by helloshivahere View Post
Thanks really. Sure there is civilisation & huge demand for Accountant in Africa too

By the way I provide all details and evidence for my employment. Thanks lot for mod come f/wd to answer this

long way to go
You will recieve a letter called "invitation to comment"
But if u recieve such a letter - It is an inclination to rejection!!
i feel it is impossible to save ur file!!
water man is offline  
Old May 31st 2009, 6:45 pm
  #11  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 340
Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Employment Check- BY DIAC

Originally Posted by water man View Post
You will recieve a letter called "invitation to comment"
But if u recieve such a letter - It is an inclination to rejection!!
i feel it is impossible to save ur file!!
Water man,

We would like to know more details of "Invitation to Comment" letter, can you please share if you have any details?

Thank You,
Mukesam is offline  
Old Jun 1st 2009, 6:17 am
  #12  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
helloshivahere's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,283
helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future
Default Re: Employment Check- BY DIAC

Originally Posted by Mukesam View Post
Water man,

We would like to know more details of "Invitation to Comment" letter, can you please share if you have any details?

Thank You,
I fear. If its reach to my previous employments god knows whos there now. Can you put some info on invitation to comment
helloshivahere is offline  
Old Jun 1st 2009, 6:22 am
  #13  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 190
water man will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Employment Check- BY DIAC

Originally Posted by helloshivahere View Post
I fear. If its reach to my previous employments god knows whos there now. Can you put some info on invitation to comment
Invitation to comment

is an objection letter stating their doubts...and finally saying that you are not eligible to meet the basic requirements of the visa...28 days time will given to answer the doubts...it is when the phone verification fails......

Only 1 in 1000 recovers when invitation to comment comes....
water man is offline  
Old Jun 1st 2009, 6:27 am
  #14  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
helloshivahere's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,283
helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future
Default Re: Employment Check- BY DIAC

Hope DIAC must be interested in Present employment. And Hope I am not one among the 1000.

Why I fear due to some leagl issues in my previous company in Nigeria 35 peoples deported including directors. I fear some one is there is to respond.
helloshivahere is offline  
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:57 am
  #15  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 31
zee004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Employment Check- BY DIAC

Originally Posted by water man View Post
Invitation to comment

is an objection letter stating their doubts...and finally saying that you are not eligible to meet the basic requirements of the visa...28 days time will given to answer the doubts...it is when the phone verification fails......

Only 1 in 1000 recovers when invitation to comment comes....
hi, Could you please tell me that what If I do not have the bank statment becuse I am getting cash and do not deposit in the bank but I do have the taxt return forms, payslips, contracts etc
zee004 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.