Employer Verification by DIAC

Old Jun 16th 2008, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

jpen29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Employer Verification by DIAC

Hello Everyone!

Im pretty sure most (if not all) of you have read "horror stories" about people whose visa apps were rejected because DIAC wasnt able to verify their work experience or something to that effect. There were also those whose "accounting" duties were deemed to be equivalent to bookkeeping duties according to DIAC.

I just would like to know how DIAC go about their employer verification. Do they subject all visa applicants to such thing or to select applicants only? Do they call your bosses and/or me to verify the info in my COE?? Do they "formally" introduce themselves and explain the nature of their call to whoever they will be able to talk to on the phone?? What if they call and you or your bosses are out of the office for a week or for a month?

just to be sure the trunkline, direct line , mobile numbers and email adds of my boss and HR manager are all indicated in my COE.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employer Verification by DIAC

As I mentioned on here a couple of weeks ago...DIAC/IMMI called my work last month to check that I was still within the terms of my 457, i.e. the company still needed me, the position of responsibility I was in etc....However, they seeked this info from the receptionist, not the person responsible here for my visa.

For me there were no problems, but similar posts on here suggest that 'wrong' answers by people not even authorised to give out this type of information has caused problems. May be DIAC/IMMI think the receptionist will be less likely to be in on any scam.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

TheImmigrant is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
As I mentioned on here a couple of weeks ago...DIAC/IMMI called my work last month to check that I was still within the terms of my 457, i.e. the company still needed me, the position of responsibility I was in etc....However, they seeked this info from the receptionist, not the person responsible here for my visa.

For me there were no problems, but similar posts on here suggest that 'wrong' answers by people not even authorised to give out this type of information has caused problems. May be DIAC/IMMI think the receptionist will be less likely to be in on any scam.
this could lead to unfair deny of many visas. OMG
Old Jun 16th 2008, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

jpen29 is an unknown quantity at this point

That is what im worried about. DIAC can refuse visas just because they asked the wrong person(s) in the office.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

TandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant future

well this is where it seems a little unfair - surely the point of you giving a name on the referance is so that that person can be contacted to verify your work experience, and will know what its all about ie the visa. The secretary/person who answers the phone may not know what work you do in depth and could give vague general answers leading to DIAC to conclude your experience isn't skilled enough.

Do people get their visa granted without their work experience being checked? Is it a random thing, or does it depend on your CO?

Last edited by TandC23; Jun 16th 2008 at 8:10 am. Reason: typo
Old Jun 16th 2008, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

vlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the rough

I put a similar question in email to my agent as my manager (who did my employment letter) for my application resigned a week ago. I've copied my agent's response :

DIAC are on the lookout for fraudulent applications but I would be surprised if they audited a case such as yours when you work for a reputable employer. I assume that the person who wrote your statement is well known at the ******* (my company's name) so it shouldn't be a problem if DIAC do make contact and discover that the person has resigned (these things do happen from time to time). It would be well worth your while to make sure that someone in your HR department is aware of your proposed migration if at all possible.

But I would also like to know whether DIAC introduce themselves and how do they go about is etc
Old Jun 16th 2008, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

PuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nice

Originally Posted by jpen29
Hello Everyone!

Im pretty sure most (if not all) of you have read "horror stories" about people whose visa apps were rejected because DIAC wasnt able to verify their work experience or something to that effect. There were also those whose "accounting" duties were deemed to be equivalent to bookkeeping duties according to DIAC.

I just would like to know how DIAC go about their employer verification. Do they subject all visa applicants to such thing or to select applicants only? Do they call your bosses and/or me to verify the info in my COE?? Do they "formally" introduce themselves and explain the nature of their call to whoever they will be able to talk to on the phone?? What if they call and you or your bosses are out of the office for a week or for a month?

just to be sure the trunkline, direct line , mobile numbers and email adds of my boss and HR manager are all indicated in my COE.
Jpen, if DIAC verify u from the person who signed ur reference then they would go into details such as ur joining dates, the duties u perform, ur salary, the clients u handle, any work related e-mails u have shared with ur boss etc,etc(the list can be endless). However if they verify from the receptionist, then they would just enquire whether u have been working there or not, ur designation etc. Well this is what i can think of, however they may also play James Bond if they suspect ur profile(this is mostly done with trade people from HR countries). However i would suggest u to send ur salary slips, taxation documents, reference letters and everything possible to prove to them that u r geniune. This would reduce unnecessary delays with ur application and thus ensure a smoother processing of ur case.

Cheers.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

peacemaker27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Experts,

I'm at the stage of submitting my forms to DIAC. I'm working for a large multinational software corporation (likes of Microsoft, GE, HP, CISCO, etc) Here the HR department is huge and the person who signed my ACS employer reference letter (which only gave only basic info such as start date, job title, fulltime, etc) is higher up in the organization and will not have any idea about an individual employee. The numbers in the letter is of reception and the receptionist will not have access to the employee's database. In such a situation, what should I do?

For the ACS, I had provided letters from colleagues, and ex-managers who are of course not from HR. Another issue would be the job title that I have in HR records and the ACS allotted title will only be related but can sound significantly different.

Please help!
Old Jul 1st 2008, 10:57 am
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Originally Posted by PuneetGaba
Jpen, if DIAC verify u from the person who signed ur reference then they would go into details such as ur joining dates, the duties u perform, ur salary, the clients u handle, any work related e-mails u have shared with ur boss etc,etc(the list can be endless). However if they verify from the receptionist, then they would just enquire whether u have been working there or not, ur designation etc. Well this is what i can think of, however they may also play James Bond if they suspect ur profile(this is mostly done with trade people from HR countries). However i would suggest u to send ur salary slips, taxation documents, reference letters and everything possible to prove to them that u r geniune. This would reduce unnecessary delays with ur application and thus ensure a smoother processing of ur case.

Cheers.

Just wondering how often they follow up with phone calls etc? Is it a common occurence or is it only in situations where they suspect something is not adding up?

My manager has been very kind and provided as much information as possible in the reference and has given her direct contact numbers.

It would be devastating if work experience was deemed to be insufficient just because a receptionist was not fully briefed on your job duties. It does seem unfair especially when you do your best to give the direct contact details of the referee.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

TheImmigrant is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lilsweets
Just wondering how often they follow up with phone calls etc? Is it a common occurence or is it only in situations where they suspect something is not adding up?

My manager has been very kind and provided as much information as possible in the reference and has given her direct contact numbers.

It would be devastating if work experience was deemed to be insufficient just because a receptionist was not fully briefed on your job duties. It does seem unfair especially when you do your best to give the direct contact details of the referee.
so, do we need to submit tax documents and reference letters, other than experience leetters as well?

I am talking abt visa sub category 175 .