Wikiposts

Employer Statements for DIMIA

Old Jan 27th 2006, 10:33 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Employer Statements for DIMIA

As instructed with my certified copies, I got 2 sets done, one for TRA and one for DIMIA.

The employer statements were dated end of Sept(ish) and we now have our TRA.

We are applying for STNI and we hope to get forms and resume in as soon as The Lombard has checked them next week.

What I am worried about, is the employer statements will be six months old in March. Of course we hope to have our STNI nomination by then and forms off to DIMIA.

Some people can wait a month for sponsorship and some dont get it ( )

If our employer statements go over 6 months from the date they were written by employer, do we have to get new ones?

Getting worried as there is always something to worry about isnt there?
Old Jan 27th 2006, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employer Statements for DIMIA

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
As instructed with my certified copies, I got 2 sets done, one for TRA and one for DIMIA.

The employer statements were dated end of Sept(ish) and we now have our TRA.

We are applying for STNI and we hope to get forms and resume in as soon as The Lombard has checked them next week.

What I am worried about, is the employer statements will be six months old in March. Of course we hope to have our STNI nomination by then and forms off to DIMIA.

Some people can wait a month for sponsorship and some dont get it ( )

If our employer statements go over 6 months from the date they were written by employer, do we have to get new ones?

Getting worried as there is always something to worry about isnt there?
As long as the application is validly made within 6 months of the date of your current reference, you are OK.

Tony
Old Jan 27th 2006, 11:12 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshtony
As long as the application is validly made within 6 months of the date of your current reference, you are OK.

Tony
God its going to be tight on time.

You see we shall apply for STNI hopefully next week, get the application in.

And if hubby passes his English test then we will go for skilled ind. as well.

Trouble is, by the time he gets english test results, we may well be over six months.

Oh dear.

I suppose we have to get employer to have them printed out and signed again.

Mind you, just had an idea, we can stick in the skilled application and he doesnt have to submit IELTS results immediately (i think)
Old Jan 27th 2006, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

God its going to be tight on time.

You see we shall apply for STNI hopefully next week, get the application in.

And if hubby passes his English test then we will go for skilled ind. as well.

Trouble is, by the time he gets english test results, we may well be over six months.

Oh dear.

I suppose we have to get employer to have them printed out and signed again.

Mind you, just had an idea, we can stick in the skilled application and he doesnt have to submit IELTS results immediately (i think)
Hi PP

That's right, IELTS results do not have to go in with the application - I thought yer main man scored 15 points for earlier IELTS and with MODL that was enough for 120 ? maybe not.

Also when you apply for the General Skilled Visa, you are actually applying for a 137 and a 136 visa at the same time - so the STNI can also come through later - as in after you apply. With the 3 to 4 month wait (fingers crossed you don't get Region 1) before they look at your case, applying asap and forwarding other stuff later may not be such a bad strategy.

Tony
Old Jan 28th 2006, 12:09 am

Hi PP

That's right, IELTS results do not have to go in with the application - I thought yer main man scored 15 points for earlier IELTS and with MODL that was enough for 120 ? maybe not.

Also when you apply for the General Skilled Visa, you are actually applying for a 137 and a 136 visa at the same time - so the STNI can also come through later - as in after you apply. With the 3 to 4 month wait (fingers crossed you don't get Region 1) before they look at your case, applying asap and forwarding other stuff later may not be such a bad strategy.

Tony

Hi Tony, yes Abdel did score 15 points for earlier IELTS. We have 115 points and will apply for STNI.

He is going to resit and try and get the 20 points so we can be able to go skilled ind.

He only missed out on .5 on the score. His overall band score was 6.0 and he was declared a 'competent' user on his certificate. He sat it under dreadful circumstances and I am surprised he got that.

We shall see what happens.

Thanks for your reply, I shall send you some karma.

Samantha
Old Jan 28th 2006, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Tony, yes Abdel did score 15 points for earlier IELTS. We have 115 points and will apply for STNI.

He is going to resit and try and get the 20 points so we can be able to go skilled ind.

He only missed out on .5 on the score. His overall band score was 6.0 and he was declared a 'competent' user on his certificate. He sat it under dreadful circumstances and I am surprised he got that.

We shall see what happens.

Thanks for your reply, I shall send you some karma.

Samantha
You can apply for Skilled Independent visa (with STNI nomination or provide STNI nomination later) and you can then provide IELTS scoring 20 points at any time before the STNI visa is granted and request to be approved under 136 - so the 136 and 137 are pretty interchangeable right up to visa approval.

Tony
Old Jan 28th 2006, 12:42 am

You can apply for Skilled Independent visa (with STNI nomination or provide STNI nomination later) and you can then provide IELTS scoring 20 points at any time before the STNI visa is granted and request to be approved under 136 - so the 136 and 137 are pretty interchangeable right up to visa approval.

Tony
Hubby has had flu for past week, but will apply to resit his English within the next 3 weeks.

The hardest part is the listening. They play this recording so fast its easy to miss something then you have to answer questions according to what was said and what you remember.

I am hoping because he was out by .5 point, he can get the overall band score of 6.5 this time.

At least he has enough to go STNI. Trouble is, its depending on Victoria. All the chef jobs/cook jobs are in Victoria and hubbys company who are quite big in Australia have said whilst they cant do a transfer or sponsorship (we have checked), they said he must contact them if he is successful in Victoria sponsorship and they will be able to see what they can offer him.

If Victoria dont want us, we can try for Perth.

Nothing is ever simple is it?
Old Jan 28th 2006, 2:31 am

Tony

Heres hoping to a score of 6.5 next time around.
Old Jan 28th 2006, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Heres hoping to a score of 6.5 next time around.
Presume 6 will do, as long as he scores at least 6 in each of the four categories - hope he does it.

Tony
Old Jan 28th 2006, 7:21 am

Presume 6 will do, as long as he scores at least 6 in each of the four categories - hope he does it.

Tony

Trouble is, he got 5.5 in listening and reading so his total score was 6.0

Lots of swatting for next time.