Employer References - Kindly Help

Old Apr 10th 2003, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

hanu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Employer References - Kindly Help

Hi,
I have received employer reference request from DIMA recently and am breaking my head for past 2 days on an appropriate format as my company wont give me a reference which divulges their clients.

Will this reference do for Employer reference request from DIMA along with my salary slip?I have been working in the same company for a period of 4 yrs now.

"Mr xxxxx has been working with the YYYY company since DD/MM/YYYY as a Software Engineer on a full time permanent basis.His main duties till date are designing,writing,testing ,implementing and maintaining software programs in client Server and web environment using appropriate programming languages.YYYY is an $$ Million software services company that delivers technology and process solutions to improve its clients’ business performance"

Thanks for your valuable feedback.
Old Apr 10th 2003, 3:26 am
M e M b E r

gordon_flash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Employer References - Kindly Help

Originally posted by hanu
Hi,
I have received employer reference request from DIMA recently and am breaking my head for past 2 days on an appropriate format as my company wont give me a reference which divulges their clients.

Will this reference do for Employer reference request from DIMA along with my salary slip?I have been working in the same company for a period of 4 yrs now.

"Mr xxxxx has been working with the YYYY company since DD/MM/YYYY as a Software Engineer on a full time permanent basis.His main duties till date are designing,writing,testing ,implementing and maintaining software programs in client Server and web environment using appropriate programming languages.YYYY is an $$ Million software services company that delivers technology and process solutions to improve its clients’ business performance"

Thanks for your valuable feedback.
IMHO the above reference is too short and reflects very little on your role and responsibilities at your work place.

In all likelyhood you would have joined the firm as a trainee, been on probation, then only you would have risen to the present level.

Try giving the employement dates like this.

Joining date - job title(say s/w trainee)
Finish date-
Role -
Major responsibilty-
Achievements /Commendations-

Start date- job title(say programmer)
Finish date-
Role -
Major responsibilty-
Achievements /Commendations-

About the company-

Then finally some good words on your qualities etc.

Make sure it is your company letter head with contact info clearly visible. And do not forget to date the reference.

If your company does not want to reveal their clients identity, let them not. You can just mention the nature of the projects completed, along with your role in that.

Remember that your employer reference gives them an idea about your job and your experience. Have it made as detailed as possible.

All the best.

Gordon
Old Apr 10th 2003, 3:43 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employer References - Kindly Help

Read page 37 of the March 2003 version of the Skilled Migration
Booklet 6.

Peter
Old Apr 10th 2003, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Employment References

Does Anyone have a sample format for Employment Reference?If so can they mail me it as : [email protected]

Thanks very much
Old Apr 10th 2003, 12:36 pm
Lostknight

Default Employer References - Kindly Help

Hello friends,
Everything sounds easy, but who has succeeded in taking such a full
reference without being suspicious about his intention for immigration
or going to another company?
The question is how to persuade your boss for example to write that
reference. I mean if he asks you what is it for, what would you answer
him? This is the hardest point, methinks. So, any advice on this topic
would be greatly appreciated among all of us in this news group.
So please let everyone here write his opinion and advice.

Thank you in advance.

> IMHO the above reference is too short and reflects very little on your
    > role and responsibilities at your work place.
    >
    > In all likelyhood you would have joined the firm as a trainee, been on
    > probation, then only you would have risen to the present level.
    >
    > Try giving the employement dates like this.
    >
    > Joining date - job title(say s/w trainee)
    > Finish date-
    > Role -
    > Major responsibilty-
    > Achievements /Commendations-
    >
    > Start date- job title(say programmer)
    > Finish date-
    > Role -
    > Major responsibilty-
    > Achievements /Commendations-
    >
    > About the company-
    >
    > Then finally some good words on your qualities etc.
    >
    > Make sure it is your company letter head with contact info clearly
    > visible. And do not forget to date the reference.
    >
    > If your company does not want to reveal their clients identity, let them
    > not. You can just mention the nature of the projects completed, along
    > with your role in that.
    >
    > Remember that your employer reference gives them an idea about your job
    > and your experience. Have it made as detailed as possible.
    >
    > All the best.
    >
    > Gordon

Old Apr 10th 2003, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Lana is an unknown quantity at this point

We told my husband's boss that he needed the references cause he was taking a distance-education college degree abroad, in one of those "study on the net" deals. That is a good cover, if you need one.

Now, make sure the letters say WHICH programming languages you used, and how many hours a week you worked for. DIMIA is concerned with 3 things: that it was a paid job, for over 20h a week, and that it was skilled. To make sure it was skilled, it helps greatly if you are using the same languages you claimed expertise in in your ACS assessment.
Old Apr 10th 2003, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Employer reference- Does it look ok?

"Mr xxxxx has been working with the YYYY company since DD/MM/YYYY as a Software Engineer on a full time permanent basis.His main duties till date are designing,writing,testing ,implementing and maintaining software programs in client Server and web environment using Visual Basic and ASP.YYYY is an $$ Million software services company that delivers technology and process solutions to improve its clients’ business performance"
Old Apr 10th 2003, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Self Statuary

How to do Self Statuary declaration for Employment reference ? It has to be done on a notarized sheet of Paper?Can it be a senior colleague from the same company where I am working for last 4 yrs ?
Old Apr 10th 2003, 2:13 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employer reference- Does it look ok?

"Mr xxxxx has been working with the YYYY company since DD/MM/YYYY as a Software Engineer on a full time permanent basis.His main duties till date are designing,writing,testing ,implementing and maintaining software programs in client Server and web environment using Visual Basic and ASP.YYYY is an $$ Million software services company that delivers technology and process solutions to improve its clients’ business performance"
I think you've demonstrated that you have excellent cut and paste skills. Now if you can only add some intelligence to that Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V finger action.

Peter
Old Apr 10th 2003, 2:17 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ptlabs
I think you've demonstrated that you have excellent cut and paste skills. Now if you can only add some intelligence to that Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V finger action.

Peter
Woah baby! More please. I thought I was the one in a bad mood...cheers - Don
Old Apr 10th 2003, 2:23 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Woah baby! More please. I thought I was the one in a bad mood...cheers - Don
You would be too, if you had to remove duplicate posts from the original poster (I shan't name names). Like I said, excellent cut and paste skills. Spammer wannabe perhaps.

Peter
Old Apr 10th 2003, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Be specific! Instead of "full-time" say "40h a week" or whatever...
Old Apr 10th 2003, 2:26 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Originally posted by Lana
Be specific! Instead of "full-time" say "40h a week" or whatever...
Lana,

Actually ACS and DIMIA do accept "full time" as sufficient.

Peter
Old Apr 10th 2003, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Really? Cause I'd think the standard of "full-time" would vary from country to country, and the booklet hammers "over 20h a week" so many times...
Old Apr 10th 2003, 2:35 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Originally posted by Lana
Really? Cause I'd think the standard of "full-time" would vary from country to country, and the booklet hammers "over 20h a week" so many times...
Well, true. "Full time" differs from country to country. But if you say "full time" it usually mean that the employee is engaged exclusively by the employer. The 20-hour rule is the minimum set out by DIMIA. Full time usually covers it.

Peter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.