Wikiposts

employer references

Old May 7th 2002, 9:00 am
Remmy

Default Re: employer references

RE: Visa application (not skills assessment)

I have same dilemma - could miss out on a promotion if I let my boss know -
could I do a statutory declaration? - Does the immigration department
phone/contact the employer?

anyone?

thanks

Rem

Old May 8th 2002, 3:30 am
Thunder Ace

[email protected] (Remmy) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > RE: Visa application (not skills assessment)
    >
    > I have same dilemma - could miss out on a promotion if I let my boss know - could I
    > do a statutory declaration? - Does the immigration department phone/contact the
    > employer?
    >
    > anyone?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Rem

Unlikely your employer will be contacted, but not beyond the bounds of possibility.
I initially told me employer it was for an ACS assessment. I coughed a little when I
said that and sure enough my employer thought I meant the BCS. Worked like a charm.
I got a reference that started with "To whom it concerns". Excellent. I've come
clean in the meantime because I've become so convinced I'm actually going to get
there that it doesn't matter if my boss knows. In fact, it's having a good effect
now because the company is trying to encourage me to stay. Talk about having your
cake and eating it too!

Thunder Ace

Old May 9th 2002, 4:20 am
Remmy

Thanks Ace? or is it Thunder?

Yeah - i've resigned myself to doing something like that - could be embarrasing if
they phone my work - but what is more important - getting to OZ i reckon - I'll have
to tell them soo I like your slant on using to your advantage - could work for me now
i've thought about it

Rem

>
    > Unlikely your employer will be contacted, but not beyond the bounds of possibility.
    > I initially told me employer it was for an ACS assessment. I coughed a little when
    > I said that and sure enough my employer thought I meant the BCS. Worked like a
    > charm. I got a reference that started with "To whom it concerns". Excellent. I've
    > come clean in the meantime because I've become so convinced I'm actually going to
    > get there that it doesn't matter if my boss knows. In fact, it's having a good
    > effect now because the company is trying to encourage me to stay. Talk about having
    > your cake and eating it too!
    >
    > Thunder Ace

Old May 9th 2002, 11:20 am
Thunder Ace

[email protected] (Remmy) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Thanks Ace? or is it Thunder?

Never thought about it. I like Ace for now, but any more delays and Thunder might
become more appropriate as I let off steam! If you lose your mind during the
application process 'cos of all the setbacks, can you still go?

Thunder Ace