Permanent visa

Old Jan 16th 2017, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

briggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Permanent visa

Hi

I have only started looking into this.
Unsure where to start.

I am 36 years old born in UK, and would like to migrate to Australia with both my parents.

I was wondering what visas would I be eligible for?

My occupation is system analyst with 12 years work experience. I have a BA honours degree.

I am looking for a visa where my parents could come with me at the same time.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Old Jan 16th 2017, 4:07 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent visa

Originally Posted by briggs
I am looking for a visa where my parents could come with me at the same time.
There isn't one unless they are completely dependent on you and, if you are from the UK, then that wouldn't apply.

You may be able to sponsor them in a few years if you meet the conditions but, depending on their age, that would be either extremely expensive or they would have a very long wait.
Old Jan 16th 2017, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grayling
There isn't one unless they are completely dependent on you and, if you are from the UK, then that wouldn't apply.

You may be able to sponsor them in a few years if you meet the conditions but, depending on their age, that would be either extremely expensive or they would have a very long wait.

What evidence would I have to show that my parents are dependents?

Thank you

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 16th 2017 at 5:48 pm. Reason: Fixing the quotes that have gone wrong
Old Jan 16th 2017, 5:03 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

What evidence would I have to show that my parents are dependents?

Thank you
If they are entitled to a pension or social security or they work then they are not dependent.
Do you have brothers or sisters?

Do your parents live with you? Do they live in the UK?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 16th 2017 at 5:49 pm. Reason: Fixing the quotes that have gone wrong
Old Jan 16th 2017, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

If they are entitled to a pension or social security or they work then they are not dependent.

They don't live with me but they would in australia. Yeah we are all British citizens living in UK.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 16th 2017 at 5:49 pm. Reason: Fixing the quotes that have gone wrong
Old Jan 16th 2017, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry. I have a sister who lives in australia she's been there for 7 years. Only two of us. No other siblings

Old Jan 16th 2017, 5:10 pm
Bitter and twisted

They don't live with me but they would in australia. Yeah we are all British citizens living in UK.
Then they are not dependent.

If you get a visa then they may be able to get a parent visa in a few years providing they meet certain conditions.

What age are they?......do they have any other children?

Old Jan 16th 2017, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Then they are not dependent.

If you get a visa then they may be able to get a parent visa in a few years providing they meet certain conditions.

What age are they?......do they have any other children?

Dads 61 and mum 58

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 16th 2017 at 5:50 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2017, 5:12 pm
Bitter and twisted

Sorry. I have a sister who lives in australia she's been there for 7 years. Only two of us. No other siblings
Then she could sponsor them for a parent visa......what age are they?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 16th 2017 at 5:50 pm. Reason: Fixing the quotes that have gone wrong
Old Jan 16th 2017, 5:16 pm
Bitter and twisted

Dads 61 and mum 58
At that age a contributory parent visa costs over $40000 each and your sister could sponsor them if they are in good health and meet the character test.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 16th 2017 at 5:50 pm. Reason: Fixing the quotes that have gone wrong
Old Jan 16th 2017, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

At that age a contributory parent visa costs over $40000 each and your sister could sponsor them if they are in good health and meet the character test.

Wow 40k that's a lot of money.
There's no other way?

Old Jan 16th 2017, 5:27 pm
Bitter and twisted

Wow 40k that's a lot of money.
There's no other way?
There is talk about a 5 year temporary visa but I am not sure what the position is with that at the moment......but a temporary visa would come to an end and then they would have to leave.

Read this about parent visas

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Brin/Pare

Old Jan 16th 2017, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

If your parents start with their CPV now, they will be about ready to go about the same time as your visa might come through. At least they can get a visa with the balance of their kids in Australia so good news!
Old Jan 16th 2017, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by quoll
If your parents start with their CPV now, they will be about ready to go about the same time as your visa might come through. At least they can get a visa with the balance of their kids in Australia so good news!
Hi

I read that parent sponsor visa can take up to 30 years to process
Old Jan 16th 2017, 9:51 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add, I don't believe it is possible to include dependant parents in skilled visa applications since changes made last year - http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...vember-887439/

Parent visas do take a while to process. Contributory visas are quickest but still take a couple of years I think. Searching the forum should give other posts on the subject with more info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.