Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

IT employement possibilities meeting basic skilled visa criterias

Wikiposts

IT employement possibilities meeting basic skilled visa criterias

Old Jul 24th 2009, 10:27 am
Just Joined

Fliprds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT employement possibilities meeting basic skilled visa criterias

Hello all,

Hope anyone could provide some info about this or share their experience.

After graduating in computer science (which include a 1 year exchange program where I will study at Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne) and a year of experience working here, the basic skilled migrant criterias will be met. I'll be around 30 and probably single (if not, then I will probably still want to go).

Considering the recession will be over by then (employement back to where it was before) and the constant shortage of IT professionnals, I'm considering the following scenarios:

1. After graduating, work for at least one year, apply and go look for a job on the independent skilled migrant visa.

2. At 30, come on a working holiday visa and find a job in IT, hoping to get some help from an employer there for a perm job.

3. After a year studying, stay in Australia for another year to become eligible for the skilled graduate (temp) visa. The eventually, get a perm visa.

Well, I might have understood those options wrong, if so please any help would be greatly appreciated.

My basic question is:
Are those options realistic and if so, anyone experienced any of those? Which would you judge to be the best and why?

Thanks !!
Old Jul 26th 2009, 4:28 am
Just Joined

Fliprds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IT employement possibilities meeting basic skilled visa criterias

Can anyone help?
Old Jul 26th 2009, 7:02 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT employement possibilities meeting basic skilled visa criterias

The IT professionals are assessed by the ACS for migration purposes. Their minimum requirement is 4 years of professional experience. So much for a 1 year option. Off the top of my head, the working holiday visa have work rights restrictions, that make it improbable (but not impossible) to meet "recent work experience" requirement for the PR visa (i.e. 12 months in a skilled occupation out of recent 24). Have you engaged an agent to work out a best scenario for your situation - most would do this for a nominal fee, some may do this free of charge.