Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

The Emigration Group - Are they worth the money?

Wikiposts

The Emigration Group - Are they worth the money?

Old Jan 23rd 2009, 3:54 am
Just Joined

dannykaty is just really nicedannykaty is just really nicedannykaty is just really nicedannykaty is just really nicedannykaty is just really nicedannykaty is just really nicedannykaty is just really nicedannykaty is just really nice
Default The Emigration Group - Are they worth the money?

Hey, we're just about to get everything rolling for our application, move etc. We've considered using an agency to help us and we've heard of "The Emigration Group" and just wondered if they are worth their money (£300) or if they are a reputable company to use.
Advice, opinions, tips etc welcome!
Danny and Katy
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

suzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nice
Default Re: The Emigration Group - Are they worth the money?

Originally Posted by dannykaty
Hey, we're just about to get everything rolling for our application, move etc. We've considered using an agency to help us and we've heard of "The Emigration Group" and just wondered if they are worth their money (£300) or if they are a reputable company to use.
Danny and Katy
If I were you I'd save your money and do it yourself if your case is straightforward. That's what I did, I did my husbands TRA and our visa application and he's self employed. It costs enough without paying someone else to do your paperwork for you. If you need anyy advice feel free to pm me
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

If you do use an agent (we didn't), make sure they're MARA registered.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 5:38 am
Account Closed

jon.n.bec is an unknown quantity at this point

Danny and Katy
I got quite a few quotes from mara registered agents, none as cheap as £300 though!

personally i couldn't have done it without them, i get stressed to easily and am very busy, so for us it is worth spending abit more money. Lots of people do it without an agent, have no probs and save some money.

Bec
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Location: UK-OZ-UK -OZ HERE I COME AGAIN ! Back in Melbourne !!
McBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really nice

We can recommend them.
They took alot of the stress and strain out of the whole procedure for us.

I'd say money well spent.

It depends how much time you have on your hands , we didnt have alot raising young children, so we used them to get our appication sorted.

Good luck
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

smvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nice
Thumbs down Re: The Emigration Group - Are they worth the money?

id say do it yourself we paid 6500 to a uk based company all they did was waste 12 months of our lives and when we complained we were told that we were at fault eventhough there was nothing done in that time.we have now started again with another visa (sponsorship visa first time round,not likely now)175 skilled independant.only have our application for tra gone in this week so very disappointed with the service,we did pratically everything ourselves so far its not that difficult.but we started this process this time last yeat would have hoped to be there by now:curse:name of company quite simular with unit at the end!

Last edited by smvh; Jan 23rd 2009 at 8:57 am. Reason: clarify that its not the company mentioned
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

We used 'The Immigration Group' not sure if we are talking about the same company. Jan was fantastic, would recommend her 100%. We have used her again and she obtained my sons student visa in less than 48 hours (onshore). In my opinion it's money well spent just for the peace of mind everything is done correctly.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

They are different companies.
The Emigration Group is well known, as is Go Matilda, and Alan Collett often gives advice on this forum. We used The Immigration Group too with Jan and Lance. We know people who successfully sorted it out themselves and said how easy it was.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Danny and Katy
300 quid sounds mind-bendingly cheap - I thought it was in the thousands normally and that's before you pay the fees for the visa, medicals etc.

I would query what EXACTLY your 300 pounds gets you to be honest.

You can do it yourself if you wish, but if your case is complex then an agent is the safer bet. There are a couple of agents who post regularly here [one of them was mentioned previously] who appear to have the highest of reputations.

Last edited by hoofie2002; Jan 23rd 2009 at 6:30 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

rmac is just really nicermac is just really nicermac is just really nicermac is just really nicermac is just really nicermac is just really nicermac is just really nicermac is just really nice

We used them,& found them to be excellent...they took all the stress out of the process for us. All queries we had were answered quickly....no matter how daft they were!!!; We paid quite a bit more than £300 though...so as one previous poster said,i would query what,exactly,you get for that fee! The highest compliment I can pay them is that we have recommended them to some friends of ours,who are also emigrating.Anything else you want to know bout them,let me know.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 1:12 am
Just Joined

dannykaty is just really nicedannykaty is just really nicedannykaty is just really nicedannykaty is just really nicedannykaty is just really nicedannykaty is just really nicedannykaty is just really nicedannykaty is just really nice

hi thankyou for your replys could anybody give us an idea please of how much it would cost us to use a company like emigration group
Old Jan 25th 2009, 1:18 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
300 quid sounds mind-bendingly cheap - I thought it was in the thousands normally and that's before you pay the fees for the visa, medicals etc.

I would query what EXACTLY your 300 pounds gets you to be honest.
When we first started, we paid someone about 180 quid and basically all they did was told us the order in which the process goes and promised to check over forms and such before we sent them. This fee does seem low for a real migration agent - as somebody has already said, only use MARA registered agents and make sure you know right at the start what you're paying for.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

charlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nice

hi thankyou for your replys could anybody give us an idea please of how much it would cost us to use a company like emigration group
$8500 aud all inc / £3271 but maybe not now
Old Jan 25th 2009, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

charlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nice

Originally Posted by charlie rara
$8500 aud all inc / £3271 but maybe not now
which is £4060.35 now
Old Jan 25th 2009, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

OZERJON is an unknown quantity at this point

We used the T E G and our fees came to approx £3500 + Vetasses costs and then your finale application fee to aussie goverment. I suppose the all in costs would be in excess of £5000. We felt the service we got from them has been very good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.