EMIGRATING OVER THE AGE OF 45

Old Feb 9th 2010, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

pailuk03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy EMIGRATING OVER THE AGE OF 45

Hi I have just finished my nurse training after being a auxiliary nurse for 22 years, BUT, I have just been told that because i will have less than one years experience before i am 45 in august i cannot apply to go to australia. is this correct and if so, is there another way around of getting there. Oh is an engineer but has lost all of his paper work so no proof of qualifications HELP
Old Feb 9th 2010, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

RobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: EMIGRATING OVER THE AGE OF 45

I think that you need to get advice directly from a registered migration agent, there may still be migration options available to you but speak directly to the experts on this one.

Best of luck though
Old Feb 10th 2010, 12:56 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pailuk03
Hi I have just finished my nurse training after being a auxiliary nurse for 22 years, BUT, I have just been told that because i will have less than one years experience before i am 45 in august i cannot apply to go to australia. is this correct and if so, is there another way around of getting there. Oh is an engineer but has lost all of his paper work so no proof of qualifications HELP
Is it not possible for your husband to request copies of his qualifications from his university?
Old Feb 10th 2010, 1:13 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah just request the documents from your husbands university?
Old Feb 10th 2010, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

fahadkhan389 will become famous soon enoughfahadkhan389 will become famous soon enough

My bro in law is civil engineer and having more than 20 years experience in construction and power-plant projects in 2 diff countries but he is over 45 but less than 50.Is there any flexibility or a way so that he can apply as i know civil engineering is highly demanded in Australia.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

I would say get sponsored on a 457 visa then after a year here, apply for PR. I am not an agent and this might be simplistic so I am sure somebody will be along in a mo to put me right. but its worth looking into.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

ENS (see here) and RMS (see here) allow PR to be awarded to individuals over 45 in certain circumstances.

You would need to find an employer willing to sponsor you and they would need to be able to persuade DIAC that you would qualify for exemption. From what I have read on here (I have no actual experience of this myself), it is generally not too difficult for those between 45 and 50, particular in healthcare occupations, but you might benefit from a chat with a good migration agent in the first place.

After that, if all went well, you could start the hard slog of finding a sponsor.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

To OP, Iv posed on the Nursing forum with a little info. Hope it helps
Old Feb 10th 2010, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

pailuk03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: EMIGRATING OVER THE AGE OF 45

hi, oh is unable to get copies of his certs. because it is more than 10years ago and unni. does not keep records for more than 5 years. i think we might have to look at going to new zealand then go to australia after gaining the one years experience.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Rhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond repute

hi, oh is unable to get copies of his certs. because it is more than 10years ago and unni. does not keep records for more than 5 years. i think we might have to look at going to new zealand then go to australia after gaining the one years experience.
hi pailuk03,

has University stated categorically that they don't keep records longer than 5 years as it seems a rather short time period? The reason I ask is that I graduated from Loughborough in 1986 and they were able to retrieve a copy of my degree transcript when I asked in mid-2008. I had to pay a little extra because the record was not stored electronically and I guess someone had to dust down a file in a dark store room! Only the last few years were stored electronically though
Old Feb 10th 2010, 9:11 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I've never heard of such a thing. My husband graduated from university nearly 20 years before we applied and we had no problem asking them for copies of his degree and transcipts. Surely universities keep records more than 5 years.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

I have posted info on the nursing site. It tells about a woman I worked with who gained a 457 sponsorship with The Mater Brisbane at the age of 50! She emigrated Oct 2007 and is still there loving it all. What you need to do is prepare a fantastic CV and post it to the hospitals you are interesed in in OZ. The mater have an EOI and so do QLD health. You dont know until you give it a go but I would say if you want OZ the go for OZ
Old Feb 10th 2010, 9:57 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by wilson01
I have posted info on the nursing site. It tells about a woman I worked with who gained a 457 sponsorship with The Mater Brisbane at the age of 50! She emigrated Oct 2007 and is still there loving it all. What you need to do is prepare a fantastic CV and post it to the hospitals you are interesed in in OZ. The mater have an EOI and so do QLD health. You dont know until you give it a go but I would say if you want OZ the go for OZ
A 457 is not a permanent visa. It can end at any time and she would then have 28 days to either find another sponsor or leave Australia.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

johnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I've never heard of such a thing. My husband graduated from university nearly 20 years before we applied and we had no problem asking them for copies of his degree and transcipts. Surely universities keep records more than 5 years.
I had a problem with my uni. I graduated in 1987 and they only kept records for 10years.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 3:15 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnye
I had a problem with my uni. I graduated in 1987 and they only kept records for 10years.
Universities should keep records like this indefinitely.

There are two kinds of universities, it seems - those that take record retention seriously and those that don't. By definition, a degree from the latter is worth a lot less.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.