Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Emigrate 2004 and the New Bush Visa.........

Wikiposts

Emigrate 2004 and the New Bush Visa.........

Old Mar 20th 2004, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Emigrate 2004 and the New Bush Visa.........

Hi All,

This is to all you who went to Emigrate 2004, and to those agents out there....

Was anything said about the new bush visa and what impact this may have on BN 136 points (ie stay at 115 or go up?)

Cheers

SS
Old Mar 20th 2004, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emigrate 2004 and the New Bush Visa.........

Originally posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi All,

Was anything said about the new bush visa and what impact this may have on BN 136 points (ie stay at 115 or go up?)

Cheers

SS

Hi SS
We spoke with many agents and State Gov Reps and they don't have any info yet. They are expecting some details perhaps by the end of April or Early May.
Everything is still speculation.

Gravyman
Old Mar 21st 2004, 2:33 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Hi All,

Cheers

SS
I was told by a friend who's agent is from go matilda that the points were going up at the same time as this new visa came into place. I have searched everywhere but can not find any more information on this. I just posted a thread about it as I missed this one sorry....

How can they change the points as this would mean that no one would get in unless you were very young and had a 60 point skill??? I can't see how it can be viable? or is this their plan get the people with lower points to accept the bush visa instead???

Sasha
Old Mar 21st 2004, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

bettytweena is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by snappy
I was told by a friend who's agent is from go matilda that the points were going up at the same time as this new visa came into place. I have searched everywhere but can not find any more information on this. I just posted a thread about it as I missed this one sorry....

How can they change the points as this would mean that no one would get in unless you were very young and had a 60 point skill??? I can't see how it can be viable? or is this their plan get the people with lower points to accept the bush visa instead???

Sasha
Depressing thought this........you're not wrong when you say they may be looking for extremely young, well qualified, affluent and skilled individuals......bummer for all us lot that have worked our pants off to get to the position to be able to apply.......we've been in the process since Jan....agent needs to get a move on with application, then we may just be able to lodge in time........lap of the gods and all that!!!!.................
Old Mar 21st 2004, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Agreed.....this is potentially worrying times. Like many others I can get 115 but any more would be a struggle....

Amy skill assessment has been lodged (NOOSR) and according to current timelines I am unlikely to hear from them until the end of June.

And we all know whats going to be happening on July 1st...!

SS
Old Mar 21st 2004, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hi All,

Cheers

SS
HELP!!!!!

Please, please, please somebody tell me that if you already have your application in the any changes will not affect us..............................PLEASE!!!!!!! (re: rumours of more points and different visas)

Linz
Old Mar 21st 2004, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Sims4eva is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by lindseyden
HELP!!!!!

Please, please, please somebody tell me that if you already have your application in the any changes will not affect us..............................PLEASE!!!!!!! (re: rumours of more points and different visas)

Linz
If you have already received your acknowledgement and case number, I understand that any changes will NOT affect your application.

Sims