Wikiposts

Email from the TRA

Old Sep 23rd 2007, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all
Default Email from the TRA

Hi all,
I have just received this in response to my email to the tra, I have highlighted the bit that i'm unclear about:

TRA has the authority under the Migration Regulations to determine, at its sole discretion, the standards against which the skills of a person are assessed. During the past 12 months, TRA has experienced significant increases in the number of applications where the only Pathway available for the skills regonition is Pathway D. TRA has found it increasingly difficult to independently verify the claims made in these applications. Therefore TRA has removed pathway D from the UAC until further notice. TRA advises that applicants review the UAC for eligibility under an alternate Pathway and provide a cover letter with the application stating the Pathway requested. For applicants eligible to be assessed under the offshore assessment process Pathway D has not been effected.

I am applying from the Uk, does this mean me? And that they will still assess it under pathway D if they think it warrants it? The courier is collecting my TRA today!!!!!
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

rightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to all
Default Re: Email from the TRA

Maybe not much help Flixy, but this was the original statement when Pathway D was removed as posted by George Lombard.

The full operative part of the TRA statement is as follows:

Until further notice TRA will no longer accept applications that predominantly rely on evidence
of work experience and would normally be assessed under Skill Pathway D of the UAC.
Effective immediately, Skill Pathway D has been removed from the UAC. All applications TRA
has received to date and not finalised, which predominantly rely on evidence of work
experience and would normally be assessed under Skill Pathway D, will be returned along with
the application fee. Until 30 September 2007 any subsequent applications received by TRA
will also be returned with the application fee.
Applications received on or after 1 October 2007 will be assessed by TRA against the UAC,
exclusive of the former Skill Pathway D, and the standard fee will apply.
TRA will assess all applications against the following skill pathways that require applicants to
have formal training and work experience:
Skill Pathway A: Formal apprenticeship
Skill Pathway B: Informal apprenticeship
Skill Pathway C: Vocational traineeship
Skill Pathway E: Australian qualification
The full requirements for each Skill Pathway are defined in the UAC (refer TRA Website)
Any applications already accepted and assessed by TRA under Skill Pathway D will be eligible
for an internal review against the requirements of Skill Pathway D as formerly detailed in the
UAC. This review must be requested within 60 days of the date of an applicant’s letter from
TRA advising that the original application was unsuccessful.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all

Hi,
My email query was relating to that statement, I was unsure of this bit:

'Until 30 September 2007 any subsequent applications received by TRA
will also be returned with the application fee.'

I asked the TRA if that meant that all applications would be returned regardless of the pathway, and the email I recieved back is on my original post. I have never seen the part I have highlighted anywhere on their site, so hoped one of our kind experts could clarify for me
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

rightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to all

Obviously no expert, but does sound that you have up to the 30th Sept to apply under Pathway D.
Confusing isn't it?
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:31 pm
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi is that you Liz???

Hope the email is good news for you. Sending you some K!
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes it's me!!! Waiting in for the courier!!
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 11:15 pm
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Flixy
Yes it's me!!! Waiting in for the courier!!
What time are they due??

Have you kissed the package??

Good luck
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Between 11.30 and 3pm, yes we have all kissed it!!! I feel like putting some sprinkles in it, you know the type you put on the table at weddings and parties, maybe a couple of horseshoes
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 11:38 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flixy
Between 11.30 and 3pm, yes we have all kissed it!!! I feel like putting some sprinkles in it, you know the type you put on the table at weddings and parties, maybe a couple of horseshoes
Hi Flixy,

My understanding is that Pathway D is as dead as a dodo until resurrected and you'll know about that from reviewing the UAC on the TRA site. Given that there is no Pathway D on the UAC at the moment, I think that if the application gets there by 30 September you'll get a refund of the application fee and after that, you'll lose your dough.

Bad grammar on their part, but I think what they mean by the offshore assessment process is the Vetassess process, which of course never had a Pathway D.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Sep 24th 2007, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

lee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nice

looks like you will be assessed in the Uk for skills assessment.

http://www.vetassess.com.au/index.cfm?menu=1.3a

I got a reply from the TRA directly stating my skills will need to be assessed in my country.

But my occupation is not on that list.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Flixy,

My understanding is that Pathway D is as dead as a dodo until resurrected and you'll know about that from reviewing the UAC on the TRA site. Given that there is no Pathway D on the UAC at the moment, I think that if the application gets there by 30 September you'll get a refund of the application fee and after that, you'll lose your dough.

Bad grammar on their part, but I think what they mean by the offshore assessment process is the Vetassess process, which of course never had a Pathway D.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Thanks for that George, hopefully it will get there before the 30th and at least we will get the fee back, my husband did have formal training, but we have no proof of it, so it is on a Stat Dec, I know it's doubtful that we will pass on pathway B, but we are giving it a go.

Lee - my husband's job isn't on the vetasses assessed ones either.