electrician wanting oz move

Old Jan 1st 2009, 10:37 am
Just Joined

dinkytown91 is a jewel in the roughdinkytown91 is a jewel in the roughdinkytown91 is a jewel in the roughdinkytown91 is a jewel in the roughdinkytown91 is a jewel in the rough
Default electrician wanting oz move

hi to all,
i have worked in electrical industry for quite awhile and decided to get my certificate done, started 09/07 and will finish nvq level 2 electro technology certificate 07/09, my question is this, will level 2 be enough to start visa application or will i have to wait until i complete nvq level 3, i'm going to finish the course no matter what,but just wondering at what point and level do i need to be at to start the whole process?
my trade is on c.s.l. is this good? also what is state/territory sponsorship?

thanks to all in advance, paul and deb
Old Jan 1st 2009, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

daviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nice
Default Re: electrician wanting oz move

You'll need level 3 mate

The aussies ideally look for for an indentured timeserved apprenticeship of four years

It's not 100pc but without the required classroom and time on the job you will struggle

Best do the the NVQ 3
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 10:05 am
Just Joined

dinkytown91 is a jewel in the roughdinkytown91 is a jewel in the roughdinkytown91 is a jewel in the roughdinkytown91 is a jewel in the roughdinkytown91 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by daviec33
You'll need level 3 mate

The aussies ideally look for for an indentured timeserved apprenticeship of four years

It's not 100pc but without the required classroom and time on the job you will struggle

Best do the the NVQ 3
thanks mate, guess i'll just put the time in and wait

paul
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 10:14 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

You really need to be able to prove over 900hrs worth of training

Better of finsishing everything off here first mate if i was you and once you have had a butchers through this section you will see how difficult it really is

Good Luck

Dougie
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
You really need to be able to prove over 900hrs worth of training

Better of finsishing everything off here first mate if i was you and once you have had a butchers through this section you will see how difficult it really is

Good Luck

Dougie
thanks guys, gonna get all the training sorted first, then apply. i'm 40 now but is it right 44 is the cut off?
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Radlam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dinkytown91
thanks guys, gonna get all the training sorted first, then apply. i'm 40 now but is it right 44 is the cut off?
Have you checked who does the skills assessment for your trade?

I know for A/C & Refrigeration Mechanic, you have your skills assessed by Vetassess who do not always require evidence of formal training. A practical assessment is however required to check you know your shit.

Maybe contact them direct to see what you require?
Old Jan 4th 2009, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Radlam
Have you checked who does the skills assessment for your trade?

I know for A/C & Refrigeration Mechanic, you have your skills assessed by Vetassess who do not always require evidence of formal training. A practical assessment is however required to check you know your shit.

Maybe contact them direct to see what you require?
thanks rad will with them as well