Electrician needs help/advice

Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:22 am
Just Joined

duggy281 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Electrician needs help/advice

Hi there we are new to this site so are looking for some help. We have just started the ball rolling with our australian visa application.

But after reading some of the things on here are not to sure if my qualifications will be enough to get me through.

I have been in the electrical installations industry for the previous 6 years i completed all my qualifications just over 12 months ago.

I paid my own way through college and got my skills and knowledge through work experience on site.

I am now registered as an Electrician through the J.I.B.

Can anyone tell me if this is enough to get me through the visa process.

My qualifications are as follows.

City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in the requirements for electrical installations (BS7671) 16th Edition

City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in knowledge of electrical installation engineering.

City & Guilds NVQ Level 3 in Electro technical services.

PS I am back at college in the new year for my City & Guilds 2391 Inspection and Testing.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electrician needs help/advice

Originally Posted by duggy281
Hi there we are new to this site so are looking for some help. We have just started the ball rolling with our australian visa application.

But after reading some of the things on here are not to sure if my qualifications will be enough to get me through.

I have been in the electrical installations industry for the previous 6 years i completed all my qualifications just over 12 months ago.

I paid my own way through college and got my skills and knowledge through work experience on site.

I am now registered as an Electrician through the J.I.B.

Can anyone tell me if this is enough to get me through the visa process.

My qualifications are as follows.

City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in the requirements for electrical installations (BS7671) 16th Edition

City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in knowledge of electrical installation engineering.

City & Guilds NVQ Level 3 in Electro technical services.

PS I am back at college in the new year for my City & Guilds 2391 Inspection and Testing.
As you will be applying as a General Electrician and are resident in the UK, you would not go to TRA for your assessment, but to VETASSESS. The VETASSESS process is completely different to the TRA assessment and is a 2 stage application. The first part of the application involves a paper application claiming trade competencies and evidencing them with references/training certs. If they are happy with this stage (application fee = A$600) they then invite you to proceed to the Practical Skills Assessment for a further A$1,600 - so your fees total A£2,200 in stead of the usual A$300 for TRA. If you convince them you are the goods at the Practical, they issue with an "Offshore Technical Record" which entitles you to Provisional Registration in the trade on arrival in Australia.

I would recommend you contact an Agent for an assessment over the phone. The required competencies can then be gone through to see if you are confidant that you have experience/skills in all the required competencies.

Give Ian Harrop a ring on 0845 370 0344. I must declare an interest though as I work for Ian 3 days a week, Wed - Fri.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:52 pm
general electrician

shadymatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Electrician needs help/advice

hello dear sir,
my self shady matt from to india.
hey man plz let me know about vetassess general electrician practical skilled practical test in mumbai, india.

i just want to know that, what will qesions from vetassess officer to general electrician, about engineering drawing, contol wiring, DOL starter or whatever any regards general electrician class.

please tell me that about questions n practicals with hand working in the vetassess general electrician in practical test methods.

thanking u man.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

lilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shadymatt
hello dear sir,
hey man plz let me know about vetassess general electrician practical skilled practical test in mumbai, india.

i just want to know that, what will qesions from vetassess officer to general electrician, about engineering drawing, contol wiring, DOL starter or whatever any regards general electrician class.

please tell me that about questions n practicals with hand working in the vetassess general electrician in practical test methods.

thanking u man.
Hi Shadymatt,
Just out of interest, have you passed an IELTS? It's a test of your english language capability.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lilstewie
Hi Shadymatt,
Just out of interest, have you passed an IELTS? It's a test of your english language capability.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:26 pm
general electrician

Originally Posted by robertnhelen
hey man i am not give any IELTS exam yet

but plz let me know sir,

thanking u man.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Hi my OH is taking the vetassess practical for electricians next week, I will post on here what things were involved. Hope that will help.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:43 pm
general electrician

Question please

hello dear sir,

thanking u man.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud of
Default Re: please

hello dear sir,

thanking u man.
I'd concentrate on the IELTS first, without it you aint getting the visa!!!!!!!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: please

hello dear sir,

thanking u man.

Nobody had done it yet, so no one can answer you