effect of new immigration bill on 309 visa

Old Jun 4th 2010, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

mrtension is an unknown quantity at this point
Default effect of new immigration bill on 309 visa

Hi there
i am bit worried about the new bill,my wife had applied for visa 309 from India last month,is this new bill will effect our application as well,i heard someone saying that this year's visa quota is full,so all the applicants have to wait till July.please share some information.
Regards
Old Jun 4th 2010, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

alipa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: effect of new immigration bill on 309 visa

Originally Posted by mrtension
Hi there
i am bit worried about the new bill,my wife had applied for visa 309 from India last month,is this new bill will effect our application as well,i heard someone saying that this year's visa quota is full,so all the applicants have to wait till July.please share some information.
Regards
Mr. Tension dont take tension..we all are waiting for JULY
Old Jun 4th 2010, 9:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Even if the quotas are full is kind of irrelevant as unfinalised applications just get shunted to the next financial year. The 309 is a Spouse Visa, nothing to do with any of the major changes being made to the Skilled Visas. It is also very unusual for Spouse Visa quotas ever being filled.

I don't think you should be worrying but I know it's easier said than done.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

double00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Even if the quotas are full is kind of irrelevant as unfinalised applications just get shunted to the next financial year. The 309 is a Spouse Visa, nothing to do with any of the major changes being made to the Skilled Visas. It is also very unusual for Spouse Visa quotas ever being filled.

I don't think you should be worrying but I know it's easier said than done.

I dunt think that's gonna happen!if yes I will be the one who will suffer coz I was plannng to get married this october and was planning to bring here!