E651 processing times

Old Jan 5th 2015, 6:59 am
Just Joined

Belief has much to be proud ofBelief has much to be proud ofBelief has much to be proud ofBelief has much to be proud ofBelief has much to be proud ofBelief has much to be proud ofBelief has much to be proud ofBelief has much to be proud ofBelief has much to be proud ofBelief has much to be proud ofBelief has much to be proud of
Default Re: E651 processing times

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Much appreciated Brit..here goes
Old Jan 5th 2015, 7:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Belief
Much appreciated Brit..here goes
good luck
Old Jan 5th 2015, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

Belief has much to be proud ofBelief has much to be proud ofBelief has much to be proud ofBelief has much to be proud ofBelief has much to be proud ofBelief has much to be proud ofBelief has much to be proud ofBelief has much to be proud ofBelief has much to be proud ofBelief has much to be proud ofBelief has much to be proud of

This isn't looking good.
Woman in London will not help me as I'm in Bangkok.she told me to email Hobart which I already have done.
Alternatively she told me to go to a travel agent here in Bangkok & ask for an ETA visa.

Will try that but how I've no idea yet.
Old Jan 5th 2015, 12:32 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

This isn't looking good.
Woman in London will not help me as I'm in Bangkok.she told me to email Hobart which I already have done.
Alternatively she told me to go to a travel agent here in Bangkok & ask for an ETA visa.

Will try that but how I've no idea yet.
Grrr typical that you get someone with no common sense. An ETA for UK/Ireland will now be an evisitor, which will land you in the same position. You would do just as well applying again online yourself.

Only things I can come up with now are: ring London again. b email Hobart again or in desperation, track down the esteemed George Lombard (agent) on here for his contact details and ring him for ideas (Sydney!) Tell him I sent you and he can send me the bill
I will be in Hobart on Friday, but too late then
Old Jan 5th 2015, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Grrr typical that you get someone with no common sense. An ETA for UK/Ireland will now be an evisitor, which will land you in the same position. You would do just as well applying again online yourself.

Only things I can come up with now are: ring London again. b email Hobart again or in desperation, track down the esteemed George Lombard (agent) on here for his contact details and ring him for ideas (Sydney!) Tell him I sent you and he can send me the bill
I will be in Hobart on Friday, but too late then
I really appreciate the feedback Polly, many thanks, I've emailed Hobart again & the london number is now crashing, possibly due to volume of calls on day one after holidays.
Do you think Im wasting my time going to a travel agent for the ETA? Just a no brainer?
Australian Embassy in the morning is also an option?
Old Jan 5th 2015, 1:04 pm
Home and Happy

I really appreciate the feedback Polly, many thanks, I've emailed Hobart again & the london number is now crashing, possibly due to volume of calls on day one after holidays.
Do you think Im wasting my time going to a travel agent for the ETA? Just a no brainer?
Australian Embassy in the morning is also an option?
Aus High Commission/embassy there could be a good option, you may be able to get them to put you through by phone to Hobart.

A travel agent will only be able to apply (again) for what you have already applied for. Its possible that it'll be granted at once, but equally the same issue may come up - depending on what the issue is that is causing the holdup.
Old Jan 5th 2015, 3:10 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Belief,

Just saw your posts. Either there's a serious aspect of your previous stay - for example you may have left Australia after your previous visa expired so had become an "illegal" - or you didn't lodge the application properly, this period is way beyond what one would expect. But yes, try the Europe Service Centre and the nearest Australian embassy or high commission. Good luck!

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jan 5th 2015, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Polly & George.

I had australian residency & left without informing them but didn't think it would be an issue. The only other thing I can possibly think of is an unpaid bill of some kind.
Anyway off to the commission in the morning for a date with destiny.
Old Jan 5th 2015, 5:48 pm
Home and Happy

Thanks Polly & George.

I had australian residency & left without informing them but didn't think it would be an issue. The only other thing I can possibly think of is an unpaid bill of some kind.
Anyway off to the commission in the morning for a date with destiny.
Good luck
Old Jan 5th 2015, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all the help,Polly especially.

I woke this morning to find my visa has been finalised.

happy new year
Old Jan 5th 2015, 11:22 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

happy new year
Congrats - a little last minute but hopefully you can still make your flights, and more importantly the wedding
Old Jan 6th 2015, 2:50 am
Home and Happy

happy new year
Yeay!!! Fantastic news! Enjoy the truip to Aus and the wedding
Old Jan 6th 2015, 9:46 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

For future reference, if anyone needs it, the relevant email address for eVisitor-related issues is:

[email protected]
Old Jan 6th 2015, 11:32 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by BritInParis
For future reference, if anyone needs it, the relevant email address for eVisitor-related issues is:

[email protected]

Old Jan 7th 2015, 3:27 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The ETA is still available, although those eligible for eVisitor can't apply for ETA online. Those applying through a travel agent would still get ETA.
Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601)

However, as far as I am aware, eVisitor and ETA applications access the same Department of Immigration data. So if there was a problem with one, there would likely be a problem with the other.

This particular instance is resolved, although it's not clear whether the previous "residency" was temporary or permanent in nature. That might have had an impact.