Dual citizenship - thank you Germans !!

Old Mar 19th 2012, 10:44 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Dual citizenship - thank you Germans !!

Got the OK today from Germany to apply for aussie citizenship !

Dual citizenship here I come - so happy right now !!!!

Drinks anyone ?
Old Mar 20th 2012, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dual citizenship - thank you Germans !!

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
Got the OK today from Germany to apply for aussie citizenship !

Dual citizenship here I come - so happy right now !!!!

Drinks anyone ?
So you can have both? I assumed you had to choose as a German friend has never gained Aussie Citizenship for this very reason, she didn't want to give up her German passport!

DO you have any links? Or is this special circumstance...
Old Mar 20th 2012, 3:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by plantpot
So you can have both? I assumed you had to choose as a German friend has never gained Aussie Citizenship for this very reason, she didn't want to give up her German passport!

My OH got the same consent yesterday. You are right it is not easy and the onus is on the person to prove that they are disadvantaged by virtue of not be a citizen.
My OH could clearly prove on going commitments in Germany, hence a lasting connection. Forms can be picked up at the local Consulate.
To sum up it is not an entitlement and reasons need to be stated.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 6:40 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by plantpot

Yes, you can have both BUT its not easy....you have to proof the germans that you would be disadvantaged if you do not take on the aussie citizenship plus a few other things you have to proof (links to germany etc)......tell your mate to check this link:

http://www.bva.bund.de/cln_092/nn_21...tml?__nnn=true