Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Doubt on Change of circumstance - form 80, form 1221

Doubt on Change of circumstance - form 80, form 1221

Old Oct 17th 2016, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

LThomson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Doubt on Change of circumstance - form 80, form 1221

Hi,

I was invited for 189 visa last month and we have paid the fees for myself and spouse and uploaded the documents in immi account.

On last week on september, case officer was allocated and have requested additional documents:
employment proofs for myself, form 80 for both of us, and form 1221 for spouse and relationship proof and health assessment

We have a change of circumstance as I gave birth by the time CO is allocated and would like to add the child as dependent.
We have not received the passport for the new born yet. It is under progress with embassy and we expect to receive it this week.

We have already intimated the case officer via email on this change of circumstance and provided birth certificate of baby, but not received any reply from them.

Now my question is whether i need to include the new dependent information in form 80 and form 1221 and upload or do i need to keep only the my details and spouse info in that and then upload change of circumstance form with new dependent details.

In the email, case officer mentioned that we need to revert in 28 days time, and we have dropped 2 emails to them asking this question and yet to hear from them

Moreover I am unable to do health check up now (urine test), due to post delivery bleeding

If any of you have any idea on how do i proceed, then please help me

Thanks,
LThomson
Old Oct 17th 2016, 2:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doubt on Change of circumstance - form 80, form 1221

I'd include the baby's details whilst informing them that you will update them with the passport details when you receive them. It's unlikely that you'll receive replies to emails. COs don't tend to communicate unless they want something from you. No disrespect meant but from their point of view they have better things to do that engage in 'chats' with applicants.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Veronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doubt on Change of circumstance - form 80, form 1221

If you have already uploaded the form 80s and the form 1221s and the baby was born subsequently then they were correct at that time and there is no point uploading new ones, just tell the case officer what is happening and they will guide you.

You are not alone in that you have not received a reply, this is completely normal. You will simply have to wait to hear from the Department. It may take 28 days (from the date of the last request) for them to get back to you. This is simply how the Department is working now.

With respect to the health assessment: just make sure that you can show that you have booked in for the medicals within the 28 day period. But your appointments can be for a date even after the 28 day period. So make an appointment for when you know you will be ok to give the urine sample, and let the Department know the date when you will be having your medical checks.

Be patient. The Department has thousands of files to deal with, and they don't have time to reply to single questions. Just do what they ask, and if there is a change of circumstance let them know. And then wait to hear from them.

Applications used to take more than 12 months to process. Given how much faster the process is now, there isn't really much to complain about.