Wikiposts

Door may be shut to skilled migrants

Old Feb 20th 2009, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Door may be shut to skilled migrants

Originally Posted by looky
From the article

Does this so called professor know what he is blubbering on about? Backdoor entry to PR without evidence of good English or skills in a required trade?!

If that is the case many here wouldn't be so frustrated at the the stringent Australia migration criteria.

Makes me mad! :curse: Its true what the say about those who can do, those who can't teach but please stop opening his mouth in public and show what a tool he is.

What this tool is doing is essentially creating a separation between Australia born and migrant population. We know how most people take what the newspaper publish seriously especially in this context of economic downturn and job security. Complete opposite of encouraging harmony and integration of migrants. Talk about adding oil to fire!

From this article http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news...0220-8cxx.html

Isn't that one of the requirement currently? For a migrant worker to beat other locals in getting the job and getting a 457 shows that there are no suitable local skills to take up that job. Same for other employer sponsored PR visa.

On ya Julia Gillard, beatdown on this so called 'research' and shut that Professor Tool down!
I think the truth is something between what Senator Chris Evans has annouced and what Julia Gillard said. We just have to wait and see.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

adeelak is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys

I think Hon. Senator Chris Evans will not cut back immigrants as he's himself from UK & knows how important are immigrants to Oziland.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 12:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Tee hee yeah, and maybe by then we'll be able to 'teleport' to oz, instead of sitting on a bl**dy plane for nearly 30 hours lol
It's only about 19 hrs flying time....
Old Feb 21st 2009, 1:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pietie
Yeah, it's very easy to forget how welcome all the immigrant skills and labour were a few years ago when Australia was experiencing a major boom.

It's not exactly fair to expect people to pack up their whole life and move to a new continent when you need their skills in a boom time, and then expect them to just pack up their whole new lifes and move back to start all over again when times get tough. If the immigrants helped make Australia the country that it is today, surely they can expect Australia to support them in the tough times.

I know that's rich coming from me, someone who wasnt there to help build Australia, but the fact that I am willing to move there in the current tough times should show how commited I am to Australia and how much I want to help build the country after we've passed the tough times
Only problem with above is that it must be remembered that a 457 visa is issued to cover labour shortages (guest worker,if you like)and was not intended to be a way to remain without restriction in the country although in fact a number did end up staying.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 5:27 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
It's only about 19 hrs flying time....
I'm well aware how long it takes to fly to oz...but when you're flying *northern ireland to london, london to singapore and sitting there for god knows how many hours (6 on my way there), then singapore to adelaide* as i did....it took the guts of 30 hours....i rest my case, AHEM....
Old Feb 21st 2009, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

chrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to all

The actual flying time might be 19 hours but like Jen said, the whole trip is about thirty and man is it boring. What exactly do you do for five hours in KL airport, it's one of the most boring places I ever set foot in. You can only watch the monorail come in and out so many times. The life of a solo traveller, who'd have it ?
Old Feb 21st 2009, 6:11 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisling
The actual flying time might be 19 hours but like Jen said, the whole trip is about thirty and man is it boring. What exactly do you do for five hours in KL airport, it's one of the most boring places I ever set foot in. You can only watch the monorail come in and out so many times. The life of a solo traveller, who'd have it ?
Tee hee indeed, thank the lord for DS's, ipods and magazines lol (oh and who could forget 'People Watching', my OH and I had great fun doing that at Dublin airport in December whilst waiting for our flight to the Canary Islands lol)
Old Feb 21st 2009, 7:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisling
What exactly do you do for five hours in KL airport, it's one of the most boring places I ever set foot in.
Have a shower, haircut, massage, go to the gym....
Old Feb 21st 2009, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
I'm well aware how long it takes to fly to oz...but when you're flying *northern ireland to london, london to singapore and sitting there for god knows how many hours (6 on my way there), then singapore to adelaide* as i did....it took the guts of 30 hours....i rest my case, AHEM....
ok. hmmm. would you be better off going via the USA?
Old Feb 21st 2009, 7:21 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Have a shower, haircut, massage, go to the gym....
I'd rather play my DS and people watch, whilst listening to my ipod lol
Old Mar 7th 2009, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

mikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nice

I immigrated in 2000 after waiting for 4 years in the queue.
I applied in 1996.
To all those who complain about waiting for 12-24 months, this should be an indicator of what the previous migrants had to go through to make it to australia
Immigration is not something to be taken for granted. The government has a duty towards its' citizens first !
Old Mar 7th 2009, 10:23 pm
Banned

Altavista is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am 175 Online MODL, CSL. As per ltest update, all CSL will be granted Case Officer by end of May.

Will these announcements effect it any way.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Altavista
Hi,

I am 175 Online MODL, CSL. As per ltest update, all CSL will be granted Case Officer by end of May.

As per the latest notification all CSL applicants will get Case Officer by May, 2009. Looking at the previous 2 announcement we can trust on it....SO NO MORE CONFUSION.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mikewatts
I immigrated in 2000 after waiting for 4 years in the queue.
I applied in 1996.
To all those who complain about waiting for 12-24 months, this should be an indicator of what the previous migrants had to go through to make it to australia
Immigration is not something to be taken for granted. The government has a duty towards its' citizens first !
4 YEARS WAITING.........
You are really great man mikewatts with great patience
If we have to face such long waiting then definitely we will be mad!
Old Mar 8th 2009, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

husaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Altavista
Hi,

Hi Alta,
What is the source of this information? I am dec 2008 applicant on CSL. Can I also dare to be hopeful of getting a CO by May end? Any ideas...

Thanx
Husain

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.