Dont forget your medical history!

Old Aug 29th 2002, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

ywoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dont forget your medical history!

One thing that people might have forgotten is that we all have a medical history, and cannot really start a new slate when going to Aus. Go to your quacks and ask for your medical history (a copy of) so that you can take it to Aus with ya and show em what is wrong with you really!

Got mine today I ordered them about 2 weeks ago....

Yvonne

16 days til we leave, 18 til we arrive. WATCH OUT MELBOURNE
Old Aug 29th 2002, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

bevo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dont forget your medical history!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ywoods:
are your medical records required in order to have medical insurance? I asked the dr today for the kids records 'cause of jabs etc he said that their child record books would be enough. They have been signed every time they've had a jab. I never even gave mine a thought - being so healthy and all!!!!

Old Aug 29th 2002, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

I onyl asked for ours so I could go to the Docs in Aus and say... here I am .. this is me.. and here are all my past defects

Got my sons too and he is also up to date with all his jabs.

Just that you know what is wrong with you, but silly things that might re-occur and you know the medication you had previous was really effective... I dunno, just like to have all quarters covered

Yvonne

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bevo:
Originally posted by ywoods:
are your medical records required in order to have medical insurance? I asked the dr today for the kids records 'cause of jabs etc he said that their child record books would be enough. They have been signed every time they've had a jab. I never even gave mine a thought - being so healthy and all!!!!

Old Aug 29th 2002, 7:30 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Hi Yvonne,this is Mrs Baldbutts (or Jan as most people call me)
I wrote to my doctor asking for my medical records (as you can imagine,living with Mr B has ment years of prozac)& he told me he could not give them to me as they were the "PROPERTY OF THE STATE" not his decision he added
Any idea what to do next ?

I must get my own user ID soon
Jan
Old Aug 29th 2002, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

hiya Mrs Barearse

I basically went to the Docs, said I was immigrating and did not wanna go without my history, he said write to my Doc (group practise) and it should not be a prob. I made an appointment with my Doc and she was really cool about it. You are entitled to a copy of your records, and if there is a problem, write to your (cant bloody remember the name) like Family Practioner committee thing,, I know where I am it is in Cockfosters HAHAHAHAHA the people who issue your medical card... dont take hsi word as truth, tis a loada crap!! How can you move to another country without a medical history? If you move Doctors, they request it from the old Docs.. same diff cept you are cutting out the middle man and thousands of miles!

Yvonne

Originally posted by baldbutts:
I wrote to my doctor asking for my medical records (as you can imagine,living with Mr B has ment years of prozac)& he told me he could not give them to me as they were the "PROPERTY OF THE STATE" not his decision he added

Jan
Old Aug 29th 2002, 8:07 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Thanks for that,any more info will be appreciated,meanwhile I'll chase up my practice.
by the way,take no notice what mark wrote in the customs thingy,it was him that they searched
Old Aug 29th 2002, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

PML OK but now I am curious.. must go and see...

Family Practioner Commitee.. I think that is what it is called.....

Dont let people tell you want to do, ask nicely, then demand... then use FPC!

Yvonne

Thanks for that,any more info will be appreciated,meanwhile I'll chase up my practice.
by the way,take no notice what mark wrote in the customs thingy,it was him that they searched
Old Aug 30th 2002, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Juls is an unknown quantity at this point

One thing that people might have forgotten is that we all have a medical history, and cannot really start a new slate when going to Aus. Go to your quacks and ask for your medical history (a copy of) so that you can take it to Aus with ya and show em what is wrong with you really!

Yvonne

Thanks for the advise Yvonne,
Did'nt cross my mind to get your notes for the G.P

Thanks again,
Julie

(Adelaide by April 2003)
Old Aug 30th 2002, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

bsftaylorm is an unknown quantity at this point

Jan
Jan

I am pretty sure that under the Data Protection Act you have full rights to access and have a copy of all information held about you by doctors or anybody else. They may charge you a fee to get the information, but you are entitled to it.
:lecture:

By the way, I'm not a legal anorak - it's the only bit of law that I do know!!!

Tell the hubby to keep up the humour - it sets me up for the day!

Mark
Old Aug 30th 2002, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

susmac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bsftaylorm:

Jan

I am pretty sure that under the Data Protection Act you have full rights to access and have a copy of all information held about you by doctors or anybody else. They may charge you a fee to get the information, but you are entitled to it.
:lecture:

By the way, I'm not a legal anorak - it's the only bit of law that I do know!!!

Tell the hubby to keep up the humour - it sets me up for the day!

Mark
Try this link http://www.ruh-bath.swest.nhs.uk/dep...PALS/page5html
Old Aug 30th 2002, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Snickers is an unknown quantity at this point

Yvonne

Are you allowed to get your dental records in the same way, because when we mentioned this to our dentist he said we couldn't have them as they were his property.
Any thoughts and have you asked for these Yvonne?
Old Aug 30th 2002, 1:29 pm
Jaj

It's probably no harm to have your records, but in Australia you generally don't
register with a specific GP like you do in the UK. You can basically see any GP
you like. While many people do stick with a GP if they get on, there's no
obligation to do so.

Jeremy

>On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 19:06:59 +0000, ywoods <[email protected]> wrote:
    >One thing that people might have forgotten is that we all have a medical history,
    >and cannot really start a new slate when going to Aus. Go to your quacks and ask for
    >your medical history (a copy of) so that you can take it to Aus with ya and show em
    >what is wrong with you really!
    >Got mine today I ordered them about 2 weeks ago....
    >Yvonne
    >16 days til we leave, 18 til we arrive. WATCH OUT MELBOURNE
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 30th 2002, 2:57 pm
huge,throbbing member

Originally posted by susmac:

Try this link http://www.ruh-bath.swest.nhs.uk/dep...PALS/page5html
i tried that link a few times today,but there seems to be an error,could you send it again
many thanks for your replies
Jan (Mrs B)
Old Aug 30th 2002, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

max kilby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Snickers:

Are you allowed to get your dental records in the same way, because when we mentioned this to our dentist he said we couldn't have them as they were his property.
Just what I was going to ask. Surely the same should go for your dentist as doctor - you must be able to access a copy of your own personal records - data protection and all that? Can anyone offer the definitive answer?

Cheers,

MAX
Old Aug 30th 2002, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hmm dental records are not really that important as it is a wysiwyg situ... open wide

Yvonne

15 days til we leave, 17 til we arrive. WATCH OUT MELBOURNE

Originally posted by Snickers:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.