Does RRV has validation date ?

Old May 8th 2015, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

aliash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does RRV has validation date ?

My Wife PR is about to expire. Currently she is out of Australia. I am planning to apply for her RRV as she has spend 2 years of last 5 years in Australia.
My question is does RRV also have validation period like PR visa ? e.g MUST NOT ARRIVE AFTER <date> ??
Old May 9th 2015, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does RRV has validation date ?

No, at least not in the same sense as a first PR visa where it is valid for 5 years but needs to be validated within a year or so. The must not arrive after date will be the (5 year) expiry date.
Old Aug 8th 2015, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks.
Old Aug 8th 2015, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

One more question if someone can advise. If PR expires and we dont want to apply for RRV can we apply for tourist or visit visa to enter Australia ?
Old Aug 8th 2015, 8:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aliash
One more question if someone can advise. If PR expires and we dont want to apply for RRV can we apply for tourist or visit visa to enter Australia ?
Yes, but it will probably cancel your PR visa, so if you want to return to Australia to live you would have to start again with a new PR application.
Old Aug 9th 2015, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Thanks. The problem is I am an Australian Citizen including my son. But my wife is on her PR. She lived in Australia for 23 months and 20 days so she is 10 days short of 2 years RRV condition. Because of my job in overseas she had to move out of Australia and for next 2 years we wont go back. So i was just confused whether I should apply for RRV now or I should wait for 2 years. Also due to our financial condition she cannot afford to fly back to Australia straight away so I am just curious what if I apply for RRV now and they gave her 6 months or 12 months to validate her visa. I would appreciate if any one of you can suggest me what is the best option for us.
Old Aug 9th 2015, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say there was no reason to apply for a RRV until a few weeks before she next plans to visit Australia. With a citizen husband and son, she will get a discretionary 12 month one without a problem.

Incidentally in your first post you say she did spend two years in Australia and in the last one you say she was ten days short. I presume you've checked in the interim and she really is short? If she did actually do two years, work out when she will no longer qualify (because some of that two years will eventually fall out of the calculation) and make sure you apply for a RRV before that date so that she gets a 5 year RRV.