Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Does online application need to be certified?

Wikiposts

Does online application need to be certified?

Old Mar 10th 2009, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

poppy913 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does online application need to be certified?

Hi,

I just read somewhere that online application documents does NOT need to be certified. I am planning to apply for subclass 176 online. Is this true?

Also, does the documents that had been attached online need to be sent to ASPC by post? If yes, than i suppose it has to be certified regardless...Gosh, so many questions. Confusing!

Last edited by poppy913; Mar 10th 2009 at 11:23 am.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

MSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to all
Default Re: Does online application need to be certified?

Hi,

If you can get colour scans of you original documents, then they don't need to be certified.You can attach all the documents online. (max size is 1000 KB)

Hope this helps

Cheers.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by poppy913
Hi,

I just read somewhere that online application documents does NOT need to be certified. I am planning to apply for subclass 176 online. Is this true?

Also, does the documents that had been attached online need to be sent to ASPC by post? If yes, than i suppose it has to be certified regardless...Gosh, so many questions. Confusing!
You will get more detailed info here:
http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/genera...ttachments.htm
Old Mar 10th 2009, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys, thanks for the reply. I have more questions which i asked in another thread but no one has responded. Can anyone help? Here are my questions:

Fees
The 1st fee $2105 is clear to me. What I am unclear is the $2925 to be paid for dependants with less than functional English. Does this only apply to dependants and not SPOUSE? Does the Spouse need to provide any proof of functional English; ie IELTS? If yes, is it at the point of application or after application is approved?

I'm not clear about 2 items on the 176 checklist:
1) Evidence of specific work experience (3 out of the last 4 years). Is the Letter of Offer with starting date of employment+ last 3 months pay slip sufficient? Or do they need last 36 payslips?
2) Evidence of a genuine and continuing relationship with spouse - what sort of documents are they looking for? Photos? Bank Statements?

Last but not least, the infamouse Certify True Copy question for those who applied outside Aussieland. Where did you guys get your documents translated and certified?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR REPLIES!
Old Mar 10th 2009, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

vslamba is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have last 36 pay slips nothing like it, else wise get as many pay slips as you can and provide the bank statements and tax of the last 3 years that should suffice.

As no one keeps pay slips of the last 36 months

Thanks
Viser
Old Mar 10th 2009, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi guys, thanks for the reply. I have more questions which i asked in another thread but no one has responded. Can anyone help? Here are my questions:

Fees
The 1st fee $2105 is clear to me. What I am unclear is the $2925 to be paid for dependants with less than functional English. Does this only apply to dependants and not SPOUSE? Does the Spouse need to provide any proof of functional English; ie IELTS? If yes, is it at the point of application or after application is approved?

I'm not clear about 2 items on the 176 checklist:
1) Evidence of specific work experience (3 out of the last 4 years). Is the Letter of Offer with starting date of employment+ last 3 months pay slip sufficient? Or do they need last 36 payslips?
- AS long as I know, very few people are collecting payslips of the last 36 months. I think the Letter of Offer with starting date of employment+ last 3 months pay slip will work.

2) Evidence of a genuine and continuing relationship with spouse - what sort of documents are they looking for? Photos? Bank Statements?

- If you are married then a marriage certificate will do.

Last but not least, the infamouse Certify True Copy question for those who applied outside Aussieland. Where did you guys get your documents translated and certified?

- I certified it from government approved notary.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR REPLIES!
You need to pay the 2nd installment if your spouse is not a passport holder of UK/USA/Canada etc and do not have IELTS 4.5 or other relevant certificates.
Your spouse need to provide these documents before the CO asks for the 2nd installment.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Safaet
You need to pay the 2nd installment if your spouse is not a passport holder of UK/USA/Canada etc and do not have IELTS 4.5 or other relevant certificates.
Your spouse need to provide these documents before the CO asks for the 2nd installment.
Thanks for the responses guys! I guess I won't have to certify my documents since I am able to scan my documents in colour. Painful thing now is that I have to sit for IELTS although my husband is the primary applicant.

Does anyone know if I can submit my online application first (to get it into the queue) and attach additional documents later? Also can you change any of the online details after you click submit?
Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

vslamba is an unknown quantity at this point

You can attach documents later after submitting the application, but can not change the details of the application once it is submitted.

Thanks
Viser
Old Mar 11th 2009, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the responses guys! I guess I won't have to certify my documents since I am able to scan my documents in colour. Painful thing now is that I have to sit for IELTS although my husband is the primary applicant.

Does anyone know if I can submit my online application first (to get it into the queue) and attach additional documents later? Also can you change any of the online details after you click submit?
DIAC guideline is to attach required docs by 28 days of application however it can be done on later dates and as said by vslamba there is no option for changing by yourself once it is submitted.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

passionite is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Can we apply online and then submit the certified docs through courier?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:43 am
Banned

Altavista is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by passionite
Hi,

Can we apply online and then submit the certified docs through courier?
Although you can do this but DIAC discourages this because applicaiton takes time to process in this way.

Best way is to scan documents and submit through online document attachemnet area or you could email docs to department.