Does DIAC check this site?

Old Nov 30th 2008, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future
Default Does DIAC check this site?

Just wondering, do you think DIAC check/read this website?

I'm sure they have better things to do, but...you can't help wondering whether DIAC workers have a little peep to see what we're all moaning about or how decent we are.

Sometimes on this website the odd racist comment appears - if DIAC read those threads and figure out who posted what (possibly from the timelines) would it alter their opinion on issuing you a visa??

My mind is clearly bored today!
Old Nov 30th 2008, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Does DIAC check this site?

Perhaps this should have been posted on the 'immigration' sub-forum thread instead! oops.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 1:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz
Perhaps this should have been posted on the 'immigration' sub-forum thread instead! oops.
I'll move it.

Anecdotal evidence from several agents in the past is that yes, DIAC officers do browse BE, as do their counterparts in other immigration services, especially that of the US.

We have also had case officers post on here a couple of years ago, but they were asked to stop by the Dept because of a conflict of interests.

I don't think you'd find that they could refuse a visa on the grounds of the comments in the non-visa related threads, but they could be interested in the actual migration application process information. And after all they are only human and so probably enjoy browsing the net as much as the rest of us.

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 30th 2008 at 1:15 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Paula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nice

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz
Just wondering, do you think DIAC check/read this website?

I'm sure they have better things to do, but...you can't help wondering whether DIAC workers have a little peep to see what we're all moaning about or how decent we are.

Sometimes on this website the odd racist comment appears - if DIAC read those threads and figure out who posted what (possibly from the timelines) would it alter their opinion on issuing you a visa??

My mind is clearly bored today!

Have younot had a lot to do today my love?

Last edited by Paula_lou; Nov 30th 2008 at 5:10 pm. Reason: reply sounded dumb :lol: