Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

does the clock start ticking after you have meds

does the clock start ticking after you have meds

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

mmarkmet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default does the clock start ticking after you have meds

hi everyone
hoping for some advice please. have just begun emigration process and am slighly confused. we are applying for a 475 visa to adelaide, and am confused as to when the clock starts ticking on how long you have after you have medicals to enter australia. was under impression from agent that you have 2 years from when you have medicals. is this correct, or do you have 2 years from when you validate visa. sorry if i have'nt explained it very well, but i dont quite understand the process myself, but other 475ers may understand what im on about.

any info much appreciated.
thanks. chris.T
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

karan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: does the clock start ticking after you have meds

Hi there

My brother emigrated to brisbane may 2007 and he had to validate his visa within 12mths from the date of his medicals once he did that he had 5yrs to actually move out there. Not sure if this has changed.

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 12:52 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: does the clock start ticking after you have meds

You have 12 months to validate from the earliest - whether meds or PCC unless there is an issue with you meds in which case you would have six months. However, I believe with the 475 you would need to get out here when your sponsor wants you out so the 12 months may be irrelevant if you see what I mean.