Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

does anyone know a nursery nurse or child care worker who has been sponsored on RSMS?

Wikiposts

does anyone know a nursery nurse or child care worker who has been sponsored on RSMS?

Old Apr 16th 2008, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

BearFamily will become famous soon enough
Default Re: does anyone know a nursery nurse or child care worker who has been sponsored on R

Originally Posted by mandyp
LOL, yeah just a mad coincidence!! Had always liked the name Logan for a girl!! I can only work 20 hours a week on the student visa. They're giving me evening n weekend shifts round hubbies hours. CnK is a government funded kindy, and more like 'nursery school', more structure than the daycare centres.

Cheers
Mandy
Hiya Mandy

Yes, yes of course, that's right, you only work 20 hours...and sleep ins too, on top of that?? ...coz sleep ins can top up the salary quite a bit!!

How many hours is hubby at college for?

regards Angela
Old Apr 16th 2008, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: does anyone know a nursery nurse or child care worker who has been sponsored on R

Originally Posted by BearFamily
Hiya Mandy

Yes, yes of course, that's right, you only work 20 hours...and sleep ins too, on top of that?? ...coz sleep ins can top up the salary quite a bit!!

How many hours is hubby at college for?

regards Angela
No i can't do sleepovers, night rate applies from 1030pm-7am n you only get paid around $50. So if i did a sleepover I'd efectively be getting paid bout $6 an hour!! No matter whether I do paid/unpaid work, whatever I work counts toward my 20 hours. Hubbie at college 3 days per week, n usually works 2 days per week, though recently only been getting bout 16 hours work. Restrictions are a pain, but at least we've found work n we'r gettin reasonably paid.

Cheers
Mandy
Old Apr 17th 2008, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

No i can't do sleepovers, night rate applies from 1030pm-7am n you only get paid around $50. So if i did a sleepover I'd efectively be getting paid bout $6 an hour!! No matter whether I do paid/unpaid work, whatever I work counts toward my 20 hours. Hubbie at college 3 days per week, n usually works 2 days per week, though recently only been getting bout 16 hours work. Restrictions are a pain, but at least we've found work n we'r gettin reasonably paid.

Cheers
Mandy
Hiya Mandy

Who wants to do sleep overs anyway?? So, you really enjoy this kinda work...having been at it for over 8 years?? You must have the patience of a saint!! I can't believe I'm gonna be doing this kinda work again, never thought I'd ever work in the field again. Actually I am kinda forward to the challenge!! ...and I'm sure it's gonna be really challenging!!

regards Angela
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya Mandy

Who wants to do sleep overs anyway?? So, you really enjoy this kinda work...having been at it for over 8 years?? You must have the patience of a saint!! I can't believe I'm gonna be doing this kinda work again, never thought I'd ever work in the field again. Actually I am kinda forward to the challenge!! ...and I'm sure it's gonna be really challenging!!

regards Angela
LOL, think it's one of those jobs you kinda 'stumble' into n kinda get stuck in?!!! The money was never enough when the unit was in a crisis cycle, but would have been to hard to find another job that paid similar without more qualifications. Also before i came over, i was working nightshift (we did awake night shifts) and worked 3 nights pw (10 hour shifts). It was a total scoosh cause I had good relationships with all the young people n apart from the run of the mill teenage stuff, it was no bother. Also ment that I was home to look after the kiddiewinks so didn't rely on childcare, just quite sleep deprived at times!! It was a good gig n really miss the 'ease' of it.

Cheers
Mandy
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

LOL, think it's one of those jobs you kinda 'stumble' into n kinda get stuck in?!!! The money was never enough when the unit was in a crisis cycle, but would have been to hard to find another job that paid similar without more qualifications. Also before i came over, i was working nightshift (we did awake night shifts) and worked 3 nights pw (10 hour shifts). It was a total scoosh cause I had good relationships with all the young people n apart from the run of the mill teenage stuff, it was no bother. Also ment that I was home to look after the kiddiewinks so didn't rely on childcare, just quite sleep deprived at times!! It was a good gig n really miss the 'ease' of it.

Cheers
Mandy
Mandy, did you do waking nights for all of the 8 years on the job? I can imagine you must have been knackered coming home to small children after that!!

Ah well, I'll just have to do my best! I wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't in a management role. I'm in training on Tuesday and Wednesday then they want me to start on Sunday...strange day to start!! I just thought at first I could manage to do this job for a few months while we get our Australia thing sorted out but they are probably going to ask me to sign a contract cause they want to put me on the Unit managers course...of course I am reluctant to do that cause I don't want anything slowing me down getting to Oz!

I saw another job advertised this morning in a field I'd rather be working in ...Homelessness. So I applied for it...I couldn't believe it, they called me back this afternoon, but apparently they have rejected for 28 out of the 30 applicants they have had so far...they haven't even got to interview stage!! The agent seemed keen on me so here is hoping. I don't really want to let the other people down but I need to "put myself first" Brian said. I have told the agent for the Homelessness job that I've been offered this other position. I'll let you know if I manage to even get in for an interview...fingers crossed!!

regards Angela
Old Apr 18th 2008, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy, did you do waking nights for all of the 8 years on the job? I can imagine you must have been knackered coming home to small children after that!!

Ah well, I'll just have to do my best! I wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't in a management role. I'm in training on Tuesday and Wednesday then they want me to start on Sunday...strange day to start!! I just thought at first I could manage to do this job for a few months while we get our Australia thing sorted out but they are probably going to ask me to sign a contract cause they want to put me on the Unit managers course...of course I am reluctant to do that cause I don't want anything slowing me down getting to Oz!

I saw another job advertised this morning in a field I'd rather be working in ...Homelessness. So I applied for it...I couldn't believe it, they called me back this afternoon, but apparently they have rejected for 28 out of the 30 applicants they have had so far...they haven't even got to interview stage!! The agent seemed keen on me so here is hoping. I don't really want to let the other people down but I need to "put myself first" Brian said. I have told the agent for the Homelessness job that I've been offered this other position. I'll let you know if I manage to even get in for an interview...fingers crossed!!

regards Angela
That's great, n yeah, I agree you should put yourself first n get all the training that's going, it'll be so good for your resume. You'll get work no bother over here there's loads of jobs in this field.!! I've applied to another wad, nhave asked about for of them directly for sponsorship, so I'll see what comes from it. Three of them are further up north of Queensland, but if we can get an RSMS, then a don't mind where we live really as it's only for 2 years n would save us a fortune!! I did the night shift post for just over 3 years, applied for it when we decided to try get pregnant with Logan. As I knew there was a better chance of it being less intense and there was no way I could have done full-time day shift as a mum. Day shift was a late (2pm till 10pm) then an early (730am-3pm) kinda shift pattern.

Cheers
Mandy
Old Apr 18th 2008, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

That's great, n yeah, I agree you should put yourself first n get all the training that's going, it'll be so good for your resume. You'll get work no bother over here there's loads of jobs in this field.!! I've applied to another wad, nhave asked about for of them directly for sponsorship, so I'll see what comes from it. Three of them are further up north of Queensland, but if we can get an RSMS, then a don't mind where we live really as it's only for 2 years n would save us a fortune!! I did the night shift post for just over 3 years, applied for it when we decided to try get pregnant with Logan. As I knew there was a better chance of it being less intense and there was no way I could have done full-time day shift as a mum. Day shift was a late (2pm till 10pm) then an early (730am-3pm) kinda shift pattern.

Cheers
Mandy
Hiya Mandy,

Wow, three possible sponsors...that's excellent!! Can't wait to hear more good news about that!!

regards Angela