Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

does anyone know a nursery nurse or child care worker who has been sponsored on RSMS?

Wikiposts

does anyone know a nursery nurse or child care worker who has been sponsored on RSMS?

Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Default Re: does anyone know a nursery nurse or child care worker who has been sponsored on R

Originally Posted by mandyp
Hi Julia,

Is the NVQ3 the replacement of the old NNEB? If it is, I'm sure it is recongnised over here and if your going to Queensland It may be on the list meaning that you don't have to convert it or anything. There's a link to the list on the thread What is a nursery nurse. . .

To come over as a co-ordinator, you need 3 years working experience in a senior position. As a 'nursery nurse' you can get sponsorship in 'regional' australia only, apparantly. There are loads of vacancies over here, maybe they will have to put 'nursery nurse' (childcare worker) on the MODL list!!

For vacancies have a look on

www.seek.com.au
www.careerone.com.au

Good luck, hope this helps.
Mandy
Hi yes Mandy as far as i'm aware that's correct. The only problem is that most jobs require you to be a perm resident and hold a blue card! so it is really difficult to find a vacancy that would be willing to sponsor.

I have searched many sites and come up with a blank, but there's still hope, there must be some body willing to sponsor!
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: does anyone know a nursery nurse or child care worker who has been sponsored on R

Awh, thats rubbish Becky!!

I wonder if it would really be any easier once over then, or just 'luck'?!!

Sending you some positive vibes via karma!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

BearFamily will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Racht70
What a great thread.....its been interesting as I have a social science degree (well in about 6 weeks!) so could i go out there as a welfare worker even tho i have no experience? i was so suprised to see welfare work has 60 points!
Im currently working as a p/t support youth worker (8 months) and i aslo volunteer for the youth offending team (1 year experience)
So if i was to apply for a 175 visa under welfare worker how could they assess my skills as i have no experience in welfare (tho studied this area) would a soc sci degree suffice?

Again great thread ive just rated it with the star thingy!
Hiya, nice to know all this jabbering we've done has been useful to someone else too!!

What modules did you do?

regards Angela
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Awh, thats rubbish Becky!!

I wonder if it would really be any easier once over then, or just 'luck'?!!

Sending you some positive vibes via karma!!

Cheers
Mandy
I'm sure it would be easier to gain a sponsorship once over, but it's getting over is our problem!

cheers for the karma.......could do with heaps!!! lol
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Hiya Mandy / Rach

It's actually the AIWCW (Australian Institute of Welfare and Community Workers) who assess Welfare Workers. They require a 3 year degree in a relevant field with certain modules. It is a slower process than TRA applications by a month or two and a 200 pound more for the application!

regards Angela
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: does anyone know a nursery nurse or child care worker who has been sponsored on R

Hello Mandy...Becky...Debs...Andy...Rach...Julie

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Brian got an offer of employment and sponsorship this morning!!!!!! It's in Loganholme!!!

Thank you soooooooooo much Mandy for living through the agony and torture with me of wondering if it was EVER gonna happen!!!

Good Luck to everyone!

regards Angela
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Congratulations. Hope everything works out for you as well as it has for us.

A lot of hard work at first but you definitely reap the benefits once settled.

Kee in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Debs
Old Apr 11th 2008, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

lizzydripping will become famous soon enoughlizzydripping will become famous soon enough

Hi
Just wanted to add to your discussion.
I am an NNEB and got a visa on 136 modl ok [I run a busy pre-school] but when going out nov 07 to validate visas and get detailed info I found as I dodn't have a degree I could not apply for any co-ordinator/director post there [states register you first so you are approved - not sure about QL] I need to do further training and also get 'recognition of prior learning' at a tafe college. I could only get work there as a childcare worker.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

Wink Re: does anyone know a nursery nurse or child care worker who has been sponsored on R

Originally Posted by lizzydripping
Hi
I am an NNEB and got a visa on 136 modl ok [I run a busy pre-school] but when going out nov 07 to validate visas and get detailed info I found as I dodn't have a degree I could not apply for any co-ordinator/director post there [states register you first so you are approved - not sure about QL] I need to do further training and also get 'recognition of prior learning' at a tafe college. I could only get work there as a childcare worker.
Hello lizzydripping

Well congratulations...at least you have your visa!! A step down the ladder to start, I think, is often the case... but a least you have your visa...you can get studying and work your way up over there!!!

regards Angela
Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lizzydripping
Hi
What state are you trying to get out to.

In WA, you don't need a degree. In Australian qualifications, you need a Diploma in childrens services. You may want to get your qualifications and experience assessed by the overseas qualifications unit. You will then get a grading. If you come out with an A* you are qualified enough and could apply to be a Director/co-ordinator. To run a Centre, you would then have to sit a test with Department for Communities (30 questions). Most is on child development with some on the regulations. Just means you will need to read through them. Not rocket science. If not, we are really short of qualified's to run a room. I have 3 qualified's at my centre. 1 is leaving to have a baby and another is going to travel around Europe for a year. I can't get staff to cover and I know most other centre's are working on exemptions.

Debs
Old Apr 11th 2008, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Hay, thats fab news Angela, really chuffed for you guys!! Is it a 457 or are you gonna go for the RSMS? You'll be right in the middle for any Brissie or Gold Coast meets!! I'll get a list of all the organisations I've found so far for welfare work/youthwork/social services if your interested.

Good luck Lizzydripping, great that you get to go over, n am sure it'll work out fine once over!

I found another job (ressie work also) thats actually offering sponsorship, so fingers crossed!! it may be of interest to you too Angela, it's on seek.com.au 'International Youth Worker'.

Cheers
Mandy

Last edited by mandyp; Apr 11th 2008 at 12:09 pm.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

lizzydripping will become famous soon enoughlizzydripping will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by woody1cruiser

In WA, you don't need a degree. In Australian qualifications, you need a Diploma in childrens services. You may want to get your qualifications and experience assessed by the overseas qualifications unit. You will then get a grading. If you come out with an A* you are qualified enough and could apply to be a Director/co-ordinator. To run a Centre, you would then have to sit a test with Department for Communities (30 questions). Most is on child development with some on the regulations. Just means you will need to read through them. Not rocket science. If not, we are really short of qualified's to run a room. I have 3 qualified's at my centre. 1 is leaving to have a baby and another is going to travel around Europe for a year. I can't get staff to cover and I know most other centre's are working on exemptions.

Debs
Hi Thanks for your post. Have a brother in NSW but don't think thats an option for us. I did get my qualification assessed by NOOSR but even though my NNEB certificate [1983 - no longer exists, turned into BTEC then NVQs] was a full time 2 -yr course that was very thorough they assessed it against Oz grades etc as certificate IV - not what I was expecting - quite a long way to go to get anywhere near to what am doing here. If you have any other info I'd be really grateful - on reccie trip we did spend some time chasing departments and have been left not really any clearer.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

If you already have a certficate IV it means you only need do the diploma to be qualified.

There are 3 options open to you. Firstly just enrolling with TAFE and doing the course with a practical placement. It is supposed to be a full time course but it is a walk in the park timewise. Secondly, you could get a workbased traineeship where there is a lot less paperwork and you are assessed on the job. The third is a correspondence course through TAFE NSW. You can learn at your own pace. If you do the first 2 options, you may have a problem with RPL as I did but if you do it by the third method nothing is required. I am going to do this for my Cert IV in training and assessment (even though I have a degree in childcare and education) they wouldn't accept any of it towards the course and I was going to have to start at Cert III again if I chose any other. Look at the link below to give you an idea.

http://www.seeklearning.com.au/tafe/...s-services.asp

Debs
Old Apr 12th 2008, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Question Re: does anyone know a nursery nurse or child care worker who has been sponsored on R

Originally Posted by woody1cruiser

Debs

Hi, I have a Btec national diploma in Nursery nursing and a Btec First in social care. I have also been a Foster carer for social services for over 10 years (now work through an agency....the NFA) What are the chances of getting a sponsorship as far as you know?

Becky
Old Apr 12th 2008, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

Hay, thats fab news Angela, really chuffed for you guys!! Is it a 457 or are you gonna go for the RSMS? You'll be right in the middle for any Brissie or Gold Coast meets!! I'll get a list of all the organisations I've found so far for welfare work/youthwork/social services if your interested.

Good luck Lizzydripping, great that you get to go over, n am sure it'll work out fine once over!

I found another job (ressie work also) thats actually offering sponsorship, so fingers crossed!! it may be of interest to you too Angela, it's on seek.com.au 'International Youth Worker'.

Cheers
Mandy
Hi Mandy

We will apply for a 457 then, as Loganholme is not in a regional area (4129), we will apply on an ENS. The other job was in Kalgoorlie,WA which is regional, I've looked at my job prospects there and there just isn't much work for me there, it seems, so I think this is going to be far better. We'll only be 30km from Brisbane, I'm sure there is load of work there for me, however, I'd really appreciate any info you could supply on prospective organisations!! What did you mean by... "You'll be right in the middle for any Brissie or Gold Coast meets!!" ??

I'll have a look at seek, thanks Mandy!

regards Angela

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.