Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Documents requirement for Australian Citizenship Interview

Documents requirement for Australian Citizenship Interview

Old Aug 10th 2019, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice
Default Documents requirement for Australian Citizenship Interview

Hi there,

I have a question regarding the documents required for the Australian citizenship interview. The applicant is the biological mother of only one child and has a step-child from her spouse side. The applicant has mentioned the details of her child as well as the step-child in the citizenship application.

My question is... does the applicant need to provide the birth certificate of the step-child along with her own child at the citizenship interview? given that:
  • the applicant is not the biological mother of the step-child
  • the step-child lives overseas with her mother
  • the step-child is not an Australian resident
Would be nice to hear your thoughts.

Thank You.
Old Aug 12th 2019, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Documents requirement for Australian Citizenship Interview

Take the original copies of documents you had to upload for the application. I didn’t need to provide my sons birth certificates.

For me it was my birth certificate, passport and marriage certificate. I also took the ID form but they didn’t ask for it.
Old Aug 14th 2019, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice

Hi rammygirl,

Thanks for the reply. Did you have this section in your Citizenship Appointment letter?

There's a mention of a birth certificate for children under 16 years of age in the letter. Did you include your kid's details in your citizenship application? and didn't have to provide their births certificate and only yours during the citizenship interview?
Old Aug 14th 2019, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I think that is if the person attending is under 16. I mentioned both my kids in the application and didn’t take their certificates.
If the under 16 is included in the application to obtain their citizenship with the parents then this documentation would have been required to be downloaded.
As I said they want to see originals of things you had to upload as evidence.
Old Aug 17th 2019, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks heaps for the clarification. Much appreciated